Having a hard time deciding which hurt more

Chitownhustla

2010. That was for a berth to the SB. This would have just got us a ticket to getting trounced by SF.

I was at both, Ive never seen that stadium so loud at one second and the next sec complete silence.

Im leaning towards 2010 but man was last night a kick in the balls.

Last post about last year. Excited to see what happens moving forward.

2010. That was for a berth to the SB. This would have just got us a ticket to getting trounced by SF.

Totally agree. Both were painful to watch. But we'd all be fooling ourselves if we thought the Bears would have made it past SF much less eventually beat Seattle. I said it last week to many a friend, whoever wins (won) last night will lose in the Wildcard round the following week.

Only small issue I have is that it also involves the NFC North title. Which considering half the coaches in it were fired today may not be all that big a deal.

2010 by far for me. Even if we had made the playoffs this year, the team wasn't going to go any further than a 1st round exit once they got matched up against SF. They were too beat up on defense to even get close to a Superbowl.

In 2010, they had a semi-elite defense and a slightly above average offense. Not to mention the conference was considerably weaker. The Bears had a legit shot to win a Superbowl that year and blew it against GB.

The only reason I am even debating it is the fashion in which the Bears lost yesterday. That was an epic fail.

They were the underdogs. 4th and 8 was a huge failure but the D sucked and I had zero faith they'd stop Rodgers. I was hoping they'd score sooner so Jay would have time to maybe get a win as time expires. This defense was pathetic. Think back to the big drives by the Skins and Vikings where the D choked too. Tucker has to go. People have to be fired when the D is that big of a disaster.

They were the underdogs. 4th and 8 was a huge failure but the D sucked and I had zero faith they'd stop Rodgers. I was hoping they'd score sooner so Jay would have time to maybe get a win as time expires. This defense was pathetic. Think back to the big drives by the Skins and Vikings where the D choked too. Tucker has to go. People have to be fired when the D is that big of a disaster.

I dont know why you want to fire Tucker....did he play in the game? Hell he can only do so much coaching......its the players that have the chore of being where you are supposed to be in coverage....fall on the dead ball like we preach in practice......run to the ball to limit extra yards. We dont really have starting safeties on this team we have two back ups at best which is why we lost

I dont know why you want to fire Tucker....did he play in the game? Hell he can only do so much coaching......its the players that have the chore of being where you are supposed to be in coverage....fall on the dead ball like we preach in practice......run to the ball to limit extra yards. We dont really have starting safeties on this team we have two back ups at best which is why we lost

Mel Tucker's 6 years as D coordinator, his team rankings in sacks: 30th, 32nd, 30th, 25th, 32nd, & 31st.

I honestly don't know why this guy was hired in the first place. His track record is terrible, and it's no coincidence he was horrible here. People so casually like to use injuries as the main excuse but then also casually forget how bad the defense had looked prior to the injuries. They showed signs as early as Game 1 against the Bengals when they let AJ Green catch 40 yarder after 40 yarder seemingly uncovered 90% of the time, and then let guys like Eiffert and Gresham run all over them after 1st contact because they couldn't tackle. They let Ben Roethlisberger throw for over 400 yards in Game 3 and Reggie Bush still gashed them in the 1st Detroit game with all their LB'ers still healthy.

The fact of the matter is, he's just a terrible coach. It really pisses me off when I hear people use injuries as an excuse. You are basically saying that no matter how poorly the defense played, Mel Tucker was not liable to take blame for it. In other words, there was nothing he could have possibly done to lose his job. All you have to do is watch the defense play and you can see a poorly coached team.

Cincinatti dealt with more injuries on defense than almost anybody this season and did they become an abomination? No. It's because they have a defensive coordinator who's worth a damn.

If Mel Tucker is not replaced next season, Marc Trestman's seat should go from luke warm to scorching hot if they fail to make the playoffs again because of a shit rotten defense.

Exactly...

Mel Tucker's 6 years as D coordinator, his team rankings in sacks: 30th, 32nd, 30th, 25th, 32nd, & 31st.

I honestly don't know why this guy was hired in the first place. His track record is terrible, and it's no coincidence he was horrible here. People so casually like to use injuries as the main excuse but then also casually forget how bad the defense had looked prior to the injuries. They showed signs as early as Game 1 against the Bengals when they let AJ Green catch 40 yarder after 40 yarder seemingly uncovered 90% of the time, and then let guys like Eiffert and Gresham run all over them after 1st contact because they couldn't tackle. They let Ben Roethlisberger throw for over 400 yards in Game 3 and Reggie Bush still gashed them in the 1st Detroit game with all their LB'ers still healthy.

The fact of the matter is, he's just a terrible coach. It really pisses me off when I hear people use injuries as an excuse. You are basically saying that no matter how poorly the defense played, Mel Tucker was not liable to take blame for it. In other words, there was nothing he could have possibly done to lose his job. All you have to do is watch the defense play and you can see a poorly coached team.

Cincinatti dealt with more injuries on defense than almost anybody this season and did they become an abomination? No. It's because they have a defensive coordinator who's worth a damn.

If Mel Tucker is not replaced next season, Marc Trestman's seat should go from luke warm to scorching hot if they fail to make the playoffs again because of a shit rotten defense.

Precisely. Although, I do think a certain amount of injuries is a valid excuse up to a point. Not an excuse for the abysmal performance the Bears had, but if they had been let's say, 24th in rush defense, then maybe.