Fire Mel Tucker

jason

There has been a lot of silence out of Halas Hall regarding coaches so far. I know Trestman had some statements in support of Tucker during the season but what else could he do? Ok, he could have fired the guy and promoted a guy like Hoke to finish up but that doesn't appear to be Trestman's or Emery's style. Both will evaluate a body of work.

That tells me this is not settled (that he's staying) because they'd have to come out with strong statements by now supporting him if they were. I'm not saying he's gone either just that I believe Emery and Trestman are undergoing a process of deciding where they want to go. If so, that process should include looking at who else is available. Fingers are crossed we get good news.

I have no idea what they are going to do but:

Unlike previous years when the HC seemed to fall on their sword keeping a coach that should have been replaced, Trestman has a history of being pro-active in this area. I think I read an article once saying he had 3 different DC in his very successful run as HC in the CFL over 5 years.

This would indicate to me that in the past he has had a history of cleaning house if needed to improve his team.

I hope history repeats itself. I loved all the moves that were made for the coaching staff from the beginning, except for Tucker, could never quite figure out why they went with this guy from day one. I just never saw anything from his past that would make me excited about his being named DC.

He was hired under the Rooney Rule. Every body knows it.

You're an idiot. Not news to anyone here. But the rule only requires interviews, not hiring. So even if he was brought in because of the rule, he wasn't hired because of it. Get your facts straight before you make thinly veiled racist statements.

Guest TerraTor
You're an idiot. Not news to anyone here. But the rule only requires interviews, not hiring. So even if he was brought in because of the rule, he wasn't hired because of it. Get your facts straight before you make thinly veiled racist statements.

freak you cracker. TheGuy is awful. And don't accuse me of shit u don't know u liberal idiot