mock drafts-ongoing list

Stinger226

I will periodically list mock drafts of at least 3 rounds on this post.

Draft Tek lists a draft as of 1/18

#1 Hagemen/DT/Minn

#2 Bailey/SS/USC

#3 Friedorowski/TE/Iowa

#4 Martin/DE/NC

#5 Ryenolds/CB/OreSU

#6/a Ikard/OC/Oka

#6/b Josh Huff/RB/Oregon

I dont know much about any of them except for Hageman,BUT according to how the draft falls, this is who I would take in those spots

#1 Hageman/DT

#2 S Truitt/DE/ND

#3 Desir/CB/Linedwood

#4 Anthony Johnson/DT/LSU

#5 Ward/SS/NIU

#6 Ikard/OC/Okla

#6 Logan Thomas/QB/VTU

I kiinda went with the best player available theory which got me the 3 DLinemen.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im bored and look at everything, at least they take the time to do a whole draft, the one rounders doesnt give much insight.

My take:

Rd1: Kony Ealy DE Miz

Rd2: Aaron Donald DT Pit

Rd3: Loucheiz Purifoy CB FL

Rd4: Ed Reynolds S Stanford

Rd5: Dontae Johnson CB NC St

Rd6: Tyler Lawson C Utah St

Rd6: Pat O'Donnell P Miami

My take:

Like this one even more. More explosive than the Hageman/Tuitt duo. Don't like the punter in the 6th round but I know where you're coming from with the pick.

#1 Hagemen/DT/Minn

#2 Bailey/SS/USC

#3 Friedorowski/TE/Iowa

#4 Martin/DE/NC

#5 Ryenolds/CB/OreSU

#6/a Ikard/OC/Oka

#6/b Josh Huff/RB/Oregon

I dont know much about any of them except for Hageman,BUT according to how the draft falls, this is who I would take in those spots

#1 Hageman/DT

#2 S Truitt/DE/ND

#3 Desir/CB/Linedwood

#5 Ward/SS/NIU

#6 Ikard/OC/Okla

#6 Logan Thomas/QB/VTU

I kiinda went with the best player available theory which got me the 3 DLinemen.

I like yours MUCH better than I like their draft. A TE in the third would be completely idiotic.

My take:

Early could end up being a beast, but Donald is 6' 288, I was trying to add some bulk to our lineup. Hageman is 309 and Truitt is 312.

If I had to use Draft Tek's ordering, I'd be upset with the way things play out. So many players I want going just before the pick. However, if I'm stuck with their projections, I'd go with this...

#1 Hageman/DT

(BPA)

#2 S Truitt/DE/ND

(BPA + need)

(All I really need to know is that I saw the Auburn hit live. That's enough. A steal in the third, and with his coverage, angles, anticipation, hands, I think he could play FS.)

#4 Brian Stork/C/Fl. St.

(Need + potential BPA. This sets up a young OL for quite some time)

#5 Martavis Bryant/WR/Clemson

(Catches a little bit too much with his body for my liking, but his size/speed combo should brown shorts.)

(I don't like him a ton, and I think he takes some bad angles at times, but he hustles and is a decent tackler. And at this point it's about trying to find value. In the 6th he's value.)

#6B Ross Cockrell/CB/Duke

(This guy seems like the kind of player I like in the secondary. He's smart, team leader, understands the Defensive alignments, has matched against #1s, and is a stand out on ST. Great value here.)

Early could end up being a beast, but Donald is 6' 288, I was trying to add some bulk to our lineup. Hageman is 309 and Truitt is 312.

I agree on the bulk, which I almost put Da'Quan Jones PSU or Deandre Coleman Cal in at that pick. Donald is one of those guys that I think will be dominant if he has that right players around him.

That doesnt make a lot of sense for a te. We need another TE but at the end of the draft if it plays out that way.

Yeah, I don't prescribe to the "we need another TE"-theory. Why? To block? Martellus should be in there on 99% of the plays. And when he's not, we need a glorified OLineman who can catch the ball in a pinch, like Rosario. Unless you're running the New England offense, backup TEs are an extreme luxury in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't prescribe to the "we need another TE"-theory. Why? To block? Martellus should be in there on 99% of the plays. And when he's not, we need a glorified OLineman who can catch the ball in a pinch, like Rosario. Unless you're running the New England offense, backup TEs are an extreme luxury in my opinion.

Based off what everyone was saying last year about the "ace" and "22" offense (2WR 2TE 1RB) it sure sounded like Trestman wanted to run a Pats like offense. I agree that it would be a luxury at this point with the questions on defense but if they're able to fix most of it in FA then I'd love to see a TE drafted in the mid rounds. Rosario is far from glorified OLineman at 6'3" 240.

With the way our recievers blocked this year I'd love to see yet another big body added to help block down field and also create yet another mismatch.

Based off what everyone was saying last year about the "ace" and "22" offense (2WR 2TE 1RB) it sure sounded like Trestman wanted to run a Pats like offense. I agree that it would be a luxury at this point with the questions on defense but if they're able to fix most of it in FA then I'd love to see a TE drafted in the mid rounds. Rosario is far from glorified OLineman at 6'3" 240.

With the way our recievers blocked this year I'd love to see another yet another big body added to help block down field and also create yet another mismatch.

They will bring Britton back to put in the te/extra blocking role. maybe a Jeff Cumberland formidably of the Jets can be brought in in FAgency with out much cost.

They will bring Britton back to put in the te/extra blocking role. maybe a Jeff Cumberland formidably of the Jets can be brought in in FAgency with out much cost.

Britton is a little different to what another TE can give you. He's more of seal the edge type of guy, he doesn't have the speed to really get down field and block. I just imagine how pretty a swing pass to Forte would look with Marshall, Bennett, and another big TE like the dude from Iowa out in front of him would look.

Like I said though, it's a luxury until they added a shit ton of players to the D.

#1 Hagemen/DT/Minn

#2 Bailey/SS/USC

#3 Friedorowski/TE/Iowa

#4 Martin/DE/NC

#5 Ryenolds/CB/OreSU

#6/a Ikard/OC/Oka

#6/b Josh Huff/RB/Oregon

#1 Hageman/DT

#2 S Truitt/DE/ND

#3 Desir/CB/Linedwood

#5 Ward/SS/NIU

#6 Ikard/OC/Okla

#6 Logan Thomas/QB/VTU

CJ Fiedorowicz went to high school about 20 miles from where I live. I got to see him play in an IHSA playoff game at our local high school. Kid is a beast. Although I know it is not a need pick, I would love to see him on the Bears.

Peace :dabears

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-foot...icz_584905.html

With the way our recievers blocked this year I'd love to see yet another big body added to help block down field and also create yet another mismatch.

What I meant by glorified lineman was in the literal sense. Glorified means elevated, and he'd basically be in there to block 99% of the time. I wasn't trying to insinuate that he had the size or skill of an OL, just that he'd be used as a lineman who has the title of tight end.

What I meant by glorified lineman was in the literal sense. Glorified means elevated, and he'd basically be in there to block 99% of the time. I wasn't trying to insinuate that he had the size or skill of an OL, just that he'd be used as a lineman who has the title of tight end.

Gotcha. I still think they could benefit from another big pass catching TE. The mismatches it would present along with what the Bears like doing with their down field blocking from the receivers would just be killer. But I don't want it to come at the sacrifice of the defense.

Gotcha. I still think they could benefit from another big pass catching TE. The mismatches it would present along with what the Bears like doing with their down field blocking from the receivers would just be killer. But I don't want it to come at the sacrifice of the defense.

I understand what your saying but have a hard time getting the defense fixed to the point I could take a TE in the 3rd. Maybe in 5th or 6th

I did another Fanspeak mockdraft with the Bears trading down with San Fran to get another 3rd....

1R 30th pick- Aaron Donald DT- Absolutely love the guy as the new 3T DT. Most explosive interior lineman I've seen.

2R- Ed Reynolds FS- Big, smart, good in coverage and a reliable tackler.

3R- Jackson Jeffcoat DE- Only DE in the country to lead his team in tackling. Real good against the run and can get in the backfield to pressure the QB.

3R 30th- Stanley Jean Baptiste CB- If they let Tillman walk they need another big CB to matchup with guys like Megatron.

4R- Taylor Hart DE/DT- Versatile enough to provide depth up and down the line.

5R- Josh Mauro DE- Big DE to provide even more depth

6R- Chris Davis CB- Good special teams player and has looked good at the senior bowl in coverage.

6R- Jordan Najvar TE- Underrated TE who didn't have the chance to shine in Baylors offense that didn't utilize the TE that much. Transfer out of TE U, Stanford

Really heavy on the D for obvious reasons. Add a safety and another impact DE in FA and call it a day.

Thowing together different scenarios on how a draft could look depending on how it starts. Scenario 1 would be my choice...

Scenario1:

1a. Ra'Shede Hageman MN DT 6'6" 311- Transcends scheme, power/explosion, long arms to disrupt vision/deflect passes.

OR

1b. Timmy Jernigan DT FSU 6'2" 298 - Quick to get through the gap,disrupt qb, great run defender

2. Deone Bucannon S WSU 6'1" 215 - Hard hitting safety and solid tackler

3a. Kareem Martin DE NC 6'6" 265 - Great size/speed and plays physical.

OR

3b. Dominque Easly DE FL 6'2" 282 - Torn ACL drops him, creates havoc/plays non stop

4. Wayne Lyons CB Stnfd 6'1" 192 - Academic standout with size/speed

5. Chris Davis CB Auburn 5'11" 200 - Returned the FG 109 against Alabama

6. AC Leonard TE TN St. 6'4" 245 - Kicked out of Florida, has skill

6. Andrew Miller C VT 6'4" 293 - Superb run blocker

------------------------------------------------

Scenario 2:

1. HaHa Clinton-Dix FS AL 6'1" 209- Top Safety on the board, brings leadership

2. DaQuan Jones DT PSU 6'3" 318- Large run stuffing DT

3. Keith McGill CB Utah 6'3" 205 - Big DB to cover Megatron

4. Ben Gardner DE Stnfd 6'4" 275 - Solid everydown DE with size/speed

5. Chris Davis CB Auburn 5'11" 200 - Returned the FG 109 against Alabama

6. AC Leonard TE TN St. 6'4" 245 - Kicked out of Florida, has skill

---------------------------------------------

Scenario 3:

1. Justin Gilbert CB -

2. Calvin Prior FS Louisville

3. Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor

4. Derrick Hopkins DT VT

5. Aaron Lynch DE SFU

. AC Leonard TE TN St. 6'4" 245 - Kicked out of Florida, has skill

I did another Fanspeak mockdraft with the Bears trading down with San Fran to get another 3rd....

1R 30th pick- Aaron Donald DT- Absolutely love the guy as the new 3T DT. Most explosive interior lineman I've seen.

3R- Jackson Jeffcoat DE- Only DE in the country to lead his team in tackling. Real good against the run and can get in the backfield to pressure the QB.

3R 30th- Stanley Jean Baptiste CB- If they let Tillman walk they need another big CB to matchup with guys like Megatron.

6R- Chris Davis CB- Good special teams player and has looked good at the senior bowl in coverage.

6R- Jordan Najvar TE- Underrated TE who didn't have the chance to shine in Baylors offense that didn't utilize the TE that much. Transfer out of TE U, Stanford

Really heavy on the D for obvious reasons. Add a safety and another impact DE in FA and call it a day.

I love that you went so heavy at the biggest needs for us but if we trade down 16 spots with SF I want at least there 2nd rd(if they have 1)

I love that you went so heavy at the biggest needs for us but if we trade down 16 spots with SF I want at least there 2nd rd(if they have 1)

SF has two 2nd RD picks....one from the Alex Smith trade. According to the trade value chart, moving down that far would garner a 2nd and possibly a 5 or 6th. That would be an ideal trade, SF may want less quantity and more quality.

I like the names you put together, but think in a trade scenario you could have did better than a late 3rd pick.