Watching the Senior Bowl

Wesson44

I think it could be more about what they wanna do schematically. I THINK we'll be doing a lot more man to man and I don't think Tillman has the speed to hang in M2M coverage. I hope he tests the waters, no one is really interested, and he comes back as a safety.

IMHO if Tillman comes back it wont be as a safety, my thinking is with our D getting older and how bad they played last at safety ........RD1 or RD2 will be a pick at that position

IMHO if Tillman comes back it wont be as a safety, my thinking is with our D getting older and how bad they played last at safety ........RD1 or RD2 will be a pick at that position

I really wanna see 2 safeties added.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that Tim Jennings was resigned for multiple years and he is strictly a zone corner. Why do that if you are changing schemes?

Jennings ran a ridiculous 4.32 at the combine, he's not strictly a zone corner.

I really wanna see 2 safeties added.

Jennings ran a ridiculous 4.32 at the combine, he's not strictly a zone corner.

How many years has Jennings played in the league and how tall is he? His combine speed has nothing to do with when he is one on one with Megatron, Nelson, Jones or other receivers who have size. Why has he bounced around the league a little? The team that originally drafted him( Colts),drafted him for a zone scheme similar to what the Bears play. Remember our starting nickel was supposed to be Kelvin Hayden who also played in this scheme with the Colts and actually picked off Grossman in the Super Bowl. His success here is strictly based on him being a scheme fit. He is a more solid all around version of Nate Vasher,who was tabbed the "Interceptor" but lagged in the open field tackling that Jennings excels in. Thats why Vasher is out the league and Jennings has hung in there.

He's played for 2 teams, I wouldn't call that "bouncing around the league".

You draft or sign another big CB to play those big guys.....Jennings also plays a lot bigger than 5'8".

I'm not that "coached up" in the secondary department so I won't be getting into a big argument on this one.

I wouldn't hate to see Tillman back at CB, and I really don't know whether we'll see any kind of coverage change or not. I do like the idea of getting Tillman around the ball more with his acblity to force fumbles.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that Tim Jennings was resigned for multiple years and he is strictly a zone corner. Why do that if you are changing schemes?

Tillman is just a flat out great corner. I hope to hell he doesn't play for anyone but the Bears. And if he eventually is open for a move to safety, even better.

He's played for 2 teams, I wouldn't call that "bouncing around the league".

You draft or sign another big CB to play those big guys.....Jennings also plays a lot bigger than 5'8".

I'm not that "coached up" in the secondary department so I won't be getting into a big argument on this one.

I wouldn't hate to see Tillman back at CB, and I really don't know whether we'll see any kind of coverage change or not. I do like the idea of getting Tillman around the ball more with his acblity to force fumbles.

Let me clarify. He was signed by the Bears with not too many suitors because of his size and supposed scheme fit. Don't get me wrong I like him in the cover 2 but I have seen him struggle against tall WRs one on one. Again I believe that it would be foolish to resign him as a core player and ask him to do something he is not great at and that is press coverage.