Muamba anyone?

madlithuanian

Without knowing anything about him, like whether or not he's a starting caliber player, I'd be down to bring him in to take over the Blake Costanza role of back up LB and special teams ace.

I'm still a little iffy on the Bears needing to add a starting LB. I know they said Bostic's future COULD be at OLB but they weren't definite about it. I believe he should get another shot there.

We need more depth regardless...

Without knowing anything about him, like whether or not he's a starting caliber player, I'd be down to bring him in to take over the Blake Costanza role of back up LB and special teams ace.

I'm still a little iffy on the Bears needing to add a starting LB. I know they said Bostic's future COULD be at OLB but they weren't definite about it. I believe he should get another shot there.

Name our starting MLB for this year? There isnt one on the roster. When the GM tells you there moving somebody outside,I would say he has a valved opinion.

Name our starting MLB for this year? There isnt one on the roster. When the GM tells you there moving somebody outside,I would say he has a valved opinion.

The quote was "He’s at middle linebacker; maybe in the future his best position might be at one of those outside spots" so he never really said "we're moving him there next year.

If they run a hybrid D I just think Bostic would be awful outside. I'm also not so sure Briggs is ideal outside in a 3-4 either. IF they run a strict 4-3 still I'm cool with Bostic playing outside. IF they run a hybrid I think you gotta put Briggs and Bostic in the middle with Shea and a guy like Ealy on the outside.

The quote was "He’s at middle linebacker; maybe in the future his best position might be at one of those outside spots" so he never really said "we're moving him there next year.

If they run a hybrid D I just think Bostic would be awful outside. I'm also not so sure Briggs is ideal outside in a 3-4 either. IF they run a strict 4-3 still I'm cool with Bostic playing outside. IF they run a hybrid I think you gotta put Briggs and Bostic in the middle with Shea and a guy like Ealy on the outside.

I agree in a 3-4 he would be a ILB but the best two defenses in the league last year were 4-3 defenses. SF runs a hybid 3-4 so I am not thinking we will be lining in a 3-4 that much of a time. Bostic wont be in the middle this year in the 4-3. I suspect we have Bostic,?? and Briggs as our 3 LBs this year. SMC doesnt start in my scenario .

I say why not. It took me less than two minutes of the following video to see that the kid has good speed, instincts, can shed blockers, is really strong, and takes good angles. I think the Bears have a spot on the roster for someone like that.

I like how he plays the game but beyond that he's light and he's not that fast IMO. Given that level of competition there are a lot of plays where his speed does not stand out, easily seen on kick coverage. No way would I cut Costanzo for this kid. Some of the blocks he "fought off" looked like high school level blocks. What does stand out is his hustle to the ball.