SI Mock 1.0 has us taking Donald

madlithuanian

If Emery's pattern keeps up, he'll draft somebody we won't talk about from now until the actual draft. I'd start looking at guys who are projected 2nd rounders.

I agree with you about it will be a surprise pick, but think it will be one of these 5

Ealy/DE

Ha Ha/S

Pryor/S

Donald/DT

Mosley/LB

He's 6'2" 240, I highly doubt it after the comments Phil made about size and length.

You have heard the term smokescreen before, haven't you? Do you really think Emery is being totally upfront with his info at the Combine when most teams are in BS mentality with what they are looking for in prospects. Put the the stats from PFF aside and use a little common sense on this aspect. What better way to fool your competitors than to say your ruling out a certain size and length. The proof will be in who the Bears invite to Halas Hall for interviews as an indicator as to what their interest may be towards drafting guys.

CJ Mosley is starting to get some love in the mocks to the Bears for those of you who are looking at mocks on walterfootball.com.

?? WF has 3 different mocks, none have them taking Mosley...

You have heard the term smokescreen before, haven't you? Do you really think Emery is being totally upfront with his info at the Combine when most teams are in BS mentality with what they are looking for in prospects. Put the the stats from PFF aside and use a little common sense on this aspect. What better way to fool your competitors than to say your ruling out a certain size and length. The proof will be in who the Bears invite to Halas Hall for interviews as an indicator as to what their interest may be towards drafting guys.

Lol where'd the PFF comment come from. They don't need to fool anyone if it's Dee Ford that they want, he might not even go in the first round.

With two first round picks, Emery reached for a guy based on his speed and then he reached for a guy based on his speed, size and length.

I'd agree with the above comment that we should start looking at 2nd rounders. I think we take the defensive end with the best combination of speed, size and length.

With two first round picks, Emery reached for a guy based on his speed and then he reached for a guy based on his speed, size and length.

I'd agree with the above comment that we should start looking at 2nd rounders. I think we take the defensive end with the best combination of speed, size and length.

Eh, idk, it's possible, I just think that guy is Kony Ealy if he's there.

Ealy scouting report from nfldraftscout.....

COMPARES TO: Robert Quinn, St. Louis Rams - Considering that Quinn finished second in the NFL with 19 sacks in 2013, he's a tough comparison for any rookie but there is no denying Ealy's upside. He boasts the length, burst and developing technique that every scout is looking for off the edge. If he continues to develop his game, Pro Bowls are in his future.

If he's there how do you pass on that?

Perhaps if Ealy's gone or the Bears have traded down maybe Phil and company fall in love with a guy like Trent Murphy, Kareem Martin, or Jackson Jeffcoat and take them in the first so they don't miss out on them in the 2nd.

Eh, idk, it's possible, I just think that guy is Kony Ealy if he's there.

Ealy scouting report from nfldraftscout.....

[/b]

If he's there how do you pass on that?

Perhaps if Ealy's gone or the Bears have traded down maybe Phil and company fall in love with a guy like Trent Murphy, Kareem Martin, or Jackson Jeffcoat and take them in the first so they don't miss out on them in the 2nd.

You have got me around to the thinking that should be our pick, but I suspect by the start of FAgency they will sign some of our players back,(i think Wooten,Melton,Ratliff) that they will be in the position to take the BPA and that might not be Ealy.

After Clowney and Ealy, its a big drop off, so the possiblity exists they will both be gone. So I suspect the BPA wont be a DE.

You have got me around to the thinking that should be our pick, but I suspect by the start of FAgency they will sign some of our players back,(i think Wooten,Melton,Ratliff) that they will be in the position to take the BPA and that might not be Ealy.

After Clowney and Ealy, its a big drop off, so the possiblity exists they will both be gone. So I suspect the BPA wont be a DE.

If he's there, and the Bears have a hole at DE, he absolutely should be the pick. If they bring back the guys you said and cut Pep they'd still have a hole. Hell, I wouldn't hate to see him be the pick even if Wootton and a FA DE are brought in because I'm not 100% sold on Wootton yet. Corey could end up being quality depth in the Izzy DE/DT role.

If he's there, and the Bears have a hole at DE, he absolutely should be the pick. If they bring back the guys you said and cut Pep they'd still have a hole. Hell, I wouldn't hate to see him be the pick even if Wootton and a FA DE are brought in because I'm not 100% sold on Wootton yet. Corey could end up being quality depth in the Izzy DE/DT role.

I think as you do they we should load the box and let the best players win the jobs. I think Wooten is signed(you misspelled Wootton) more because he will be cheap, and not because they have great expectations from him. I think the FA we sign and draft pick at that spot will be expected to be the better pass rusher.

Yeah, I try not to focus on the draft too much until after a few weeks into free agency.

I'd love it if Ealy fell to us.

I think as you do they we should load the box and let the best players win the jobs. I think Wooten is signed(you misspelled Wootton) more because he will be cheap, and not because they have great expectations from him. I think the FA we sign and draft pick at that spot will be expected to be the better pass rusher.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html

Wootton per the team's site and I hate the fact that I always have to look up how to spell his name. :)

I have no issues if Ealy is our pick at 14. It's hard to find pass rushers off the edge but if Jernigan is there too I think I'd take him. It's harder to find inside pass rushers and if you don't get any pressure up the middle then pressure off the edge is easily defeated.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html

Wootton per the team's site and I hate the fact that I always have to look up how to spell his name. :)

I have no issues if Ealy is our pick at 14. It's hard to find pass rushers off the edge but if Jernigan is there too I think I'd take him. It's harder to find inside pass rushers and if you don't get any pressure up the middle then pressure off the edge is easily defeated.

How about having Wooton, Peppers, AND Ealy? I doubt that will happen, but we are so damn thin at all of our defensive positions, by draft time, we could have announced we will bring those to back to start and still take a DE at #14.

How about having Wooton, Peppers, AND Ealy? I doubt that will happen, but we are so damn thin at all of our defensive positions, by draft time, we could have announced we will bring those to back to start and still take a DE at #14.

Donald looks like he would be a great fit for our defense.

Brings the production, health, consistency, and fire that would help our defense alot.

So who will want him. There is always Lovie sticking his nose in there, but they have more glaring needs that another DT right now and they have G. McCoy to play the 3 T

Dallas most definitely will be after him but they pick after us.

Otherwise your normal good drafting teams will find a place for him. GB,SF,Seattle,and NE.

So we should get the first shot at taking him and good luck to us. I think he is the man.

If we cut Peppers,DE will become more of a need, but I think Donald should not be passed up. We can still get Crighton,Smith, or Martin in the next couple of rounds.

Guest TerraTor
The guy played with the flu the entire game. If you watched him the whole game, he was unstoppable and couldnt tell he was sick. His body just couldnt take it anymore. The guy played lights out the entire season. Yeah MJ played with the Flu in the finals, but he didn't have 300 lb guys laying into him the entire game. Shoot, I'm sure you take a couple days off from work when you have the flu, imagine being a Dt.

How do you know it wasnt Jimbo who pulled him out when he was puking? As a coach do you want a healthy guy in there or a guy puking ?

I don't :)

?? WF has 3 different mocks, none have them taking Mosley...

Lol where'd the PFF comment come from. They don't need to fool anyone if it's Dee Ford that they want, he might not even go in the first round.

If Dee Ford slips out of the first round, the Bears should immediately rally their resources and try to trade up into the top of the second to get him.

Imagine a draft that starts out:

1) Donald

2) Ford

Holy hell.

If Dee Ford slips out of the first round, the Bears should immediately rally their resources and try to trade up into the top of the second to get him.

1) Donald

2) Ford

Holy hell.

I'm bummed he didn't participate in the combine because of "An injury from 2 years ago"....I'm still not really sold he's a 3 down 4-3 DE.

1) Donald

2) Ford

Holy hell.

He is probably a different type of player but he makes me think of SMC

On Donald (He's being talked about in virtually every thread, but I'll throw it in here)

Bill Polian "If you play the tampa 2 defense which Dallas does, this is the 3 technique of your dreams. He can get up the field, he's disruptive, he can move, he tackles, and most importantly from the inside position he rushes the passer."

Polian, more so than the talking heads like McShay and Kiper, is the guy I like to hear from the most now a days, so this only further elevates my hard on for Donald.

I'll say it again, unless we reign Melton, this is the guy I want in round 1.