Free Agency

AZ54

I found this article and thought it worth posting. The Bears have been very quiet regarding FA and with their recent contracts have put us in a spot with no cap room. There is no way that is the long term plan so much will be happening behind the scenes starting, as the article states, at the NFL Scouting Combine.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/How-NF...works-2784.html

I found this article and thought it worth posting. The Bears have been very quiet regarding FA and with their recent contracts have put us in a spot with no cap room. There is no way that is the long term plan so much will be happening behind the scenes starting, as the article states, at the NFL Scouting Combine.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/How-NF...works-2784.html

Good insight in that article. It seems to me this Bears regime seems to be more secure with there information as previous heads. They have surprised us with there picks the last two years, some good some bad, but they sure do make it interesting to watch.

Good insight in that article. It seems to me this Bears regime seems to be more secure with there information as previous heads. They have surprised us with there picks the last two years, some good some bad, but they sure do make it interesting to watch.

I love having a regime keeping everything in house. No way for media and fans to spin things and gives us something to talk about here on the board

I love having a regime keeping everything in house. No way for media and fans to spin things and gives us something to talk about here on the board

Doesn't stop us from digging and going nuts wondering what they'll do LOL But that's the fun of being a fan. We've been pretty active on our coaching staff changes, but aside from early extensions they've been pretty mum on what they plan to do in free agencey. But I'm sure Emery, George, and Tres are not asleep at the wheel. I bet there is a trick or two up their sleeves before the draft.

A scan of the rumors on Walterfootball indicates franchise tags will be placed on: Michael Bennett, Greg Hardy, and Brian Orakpo. I could see the Redskins making that call but Seattle and Carolina both had cap issues so it won't happen without some other decisions.

A scan of the rumors on Walterfootball indicates franchise tags will be placed on: Michael Bennett, Greg Hardy, and Brian Orakpo. I could see the Redskins making that call but Seattle and Carolina both had cap issues so it won't happen without some other decisions.

Brad Briggs tweeted we brought in a S Christian Thompson(for a workout) a 4th round pick by Ravens in 2012.

He is 6'1" 211lbs. 4.42 forty. Played STs his first year with Ravens and then 2013 was suspended for substance abuse,4 games. After serving the suspension the Ravens cut him.

Brad Briggs tweeted we brought in a S Christian Thompson(for a workout) a 4th round pick by Ravens in 2012.

He is 6'1" 211lbs. 4.42 forty. Played STs his first year with Ravens and then 2013 was suspended for substance abuse,4 games. After serving the suspension the Ravens cut him.

Worth a shot if they were to sign him. Ozzie Newsome has a good eye for defensive talent so I like the fact the Ravens drafted him in the 4th.

I believe in giving guys 2nd chances....If they can ball, they can ball, and you just never know when the light bulb will turn on and they become professionals.

Worth a shot if they were to sign him. Ozzie Newsome has a good eye for defensive talent so I like the fact the Ravens drafted him in the 4th.

I believe in giving guys 2nd chances....If they can ball, they can ball, and you just never know when the light bulb will turn on and they become professionals.

The Bears definitely have a plan, were just not privy to it.

Playing GM for a moment, I think we try to bring back Melton and Tillman but if they dont accept contracts at our price, I think they should:

Go after Lamar Houston/DE

Clinton McDonald/DT

Cory Graham/CB

Antonie Bethea/S

These are not the best players at there positions but think we can afford those contract and would be an upgrade and with a good draft, have it going the right direction.