Jernigan comments from NFL scouts

sulster

Below are comments from NFL scouts after the National Championship against Auburn. In another thread, I posted my thoughts watching him play. I've also, added Joyner's. BTW, I've I stand before TJ was gassed from having the flu? As you can tell I'm a huge Jernigan fan

Timmy Jernigan, DT: Jernigan was a dominating force in this game. Against the run, he used his quick hands to stack blockers and his lower strength to hold the point of attack. He violently shed blockers throughout the game and was disruptive for 3 1/2 quarters before gassing out late in the fourth quarter. Against the pass, his quickness was a problem for the interior of Auburn's offensive line. He has all of the tools to be a dominant three-down defender at the next level.

Lamarcus Joyner, CB: Joyner quietly had a very solid game. He lines up over the slot, and he's a very effective blitzer. He showed the ability to adjust on the fly and peel off his blitz to tackle the ball carrier. He had plenty of speed to carry vertical routes in the passing game, and his energy was contagious in the second half. Just about every NFL evaluator describes him with this phrase: "That dude is a FOOTBALL PLAYER!" It's accurate.