Who we dont like

Stinger226

No this is not a thread about SCS or AG, I am referring to players we dont want to see us draft.

I dont wish to take the chance on Nix being a good player because of his injury history.

It is hard to say how his pro career works out, tons of talent but we have drafted to many players in the past that never lost that injury tag and turned out crap.

Also I obviously wouldnt like to see us draft any offensive players at least in the first two rounds. We have so many holes to fill, I actually wouldnt want to see any before the 5th round.

Lets say Jake Mathews drops to our spot, a clear top 5 prospect everywhere. What do we do? If were going by BPA, I would say they would take him, but at 14 there still has to be some clear cut defensive studs on the board and have to go that way.

What say you?

Lol I try not to ever bash you man but when you bash me first, it's fair game.

You dont like me and I dont like you, but Im ok with that. You have a lot of good content on here but once in a while get out in left field, we all say something stupid at one time or another.

Im glad last year when you quit this board you came back a couple of weeks later, I dont agree with everything you say in this off season,but I think your mostly on with your recommendations.

You have convinced me on the DL first and I also like Ealy for a 1st round pick. Impact DE are very few this year, not even sure if Ealy is that but he has the second highest potential of a DE in this draft.

DTs are important but a little deeper in strength. I was routing for BPA with Mosley and still would not be mad about that pick, but we have to start up front, and you talked me into that. Kudos for that.

I dont really care if I misspell words once in a while, this isnt a English Essay blog, its freaking football.

I would just say any offensive player unless it was OL from the top 10, if Matthews or Lewan dropped (doubtful), it would be hard to pass that up unless there was a comparable defensive player that was more of a need. I would be happy with DL and DB in the first two picks (any order). We really need DT, DE, S, and CB in the first 4-5 rounds unless there is another player there that is too good to pass up.

You dont like me and I dont like you, but Im ok with that. You have a lot of good content on here but once in a while get out in left field, we all say something stupid at one time or another.

Im glad last year when you quit this board you came back a couple of weeks later, I dont agree with everything you say in this off season,but I think your mostly on with your recommendations.

You have convinced me on the DL first and I also like Ealy for a 1st round pick. Impact DE are very few this year, not even sure if Ealy is that but he has the second highest potential of a DE in this draft.

DTs are important but a little deeper in strength. I was routing for BPA with Mosley and still would not be mad about that pick, but we have to start up front, and you talked me into that. Kudos for that.

I dont really care if I misspell words once in a while, this isnt a English Essay blog, its freaking football.

Lol I don't not like you, I just hate when you make stupid little comments directed at me.

The misspelling of simple players names just annoys me, esp Ratliff who we all have heard his name a whole bunch. Doesn't make me hate you, just pointing out a mistake.

now back to the question at hand.....it's all gonna be pretty hard to say without knowing who they brought in during FA. There's obviously gonna be one thing to like about all the first round guys, but it's a matter of how they fit with the roster the Bears have.

That said, I'm not a fan of Jernigan as a 3T, but like him as a 4-3 NT. I don't like Tuitt as a DE, but think he could be good at the 3T. I like Hagemans potential, but then again I'm not a fan of taking guy in the first based of potential. As a first rounder you should have already tapped into that potential and I'm not sure Hageman has, and there's a chance he never will.

Lol I don't not like you, I just hate when you make stupid little comments directed at me.

The misspelling of simple players names just annoys me, esp Ratliff who we all have heard his name a whole bunch. Doesn't make me hate you, just pointing out a mistake.

now back to the question at hand.....it's all gonna be pretty hard to say without knowing who they brought in during FA. There's obviously gonna be one thing to like about all the first round guys, but it's a matter of how they fit with the roster the Bears have.

That said, I'm not a fan of Jernigan as a 3T, but like him as a 4-3 NT. I don't like Tuitt as a DE, but think he could be good at the 3T. I like Hagemans potential, but then again I'm not a fan of taking guy in the first based of potential. As a first rounder you should have already tapped into that potential and I'm not sure Hageman has, and there's a chance he never will.

This is all just conjecture until after FAgency is done but its a slow time so we make scenarios up. Lets say we resign, Melton,Ratliff,Wooten, then who?

It's harder to say who ya don't like than who ya do. I wouldn't like Tuitt or Hageman as DEs.

Who we wont be drafting in round 1

QBs- we will be solid at that position for the first time in years

OTs- we will not spend this high of a pick with our line being built last year.

OGs- usually not a first round pick and none rate that high this year

OC- we definitely need one in the works but the best one is only rated as a 2nd rounder this year.

TE-with Bennett being here, I think we tag one this year but wont be this high

WR- possible but not probable, with Marshall,Jefferies an Wilson in the next up status here(maybe as BPA after round 3)

DE- I think our biggest need

DT- will be able to choice the top one at that spot

LB- I think its possible our pick could be Mosley if he is the BPA at the time of the pick, I also think if Mack or Barr drops we could drag that into the BPA spot

S- need, need, need, could very will be our pick,HaHa or Pryor, and would have no problem with those picks

CB-we have the need and could be Gilbert or Dennard if they are there.

I think Emery could surprise us with grabbing someone like Creighton/DE, Bucannon/S,(not rated that high) or Barr or Mack(because they dropped)

No this is not a thread about SCS or AG, I am referring to players we dont want to see us draft.

I dont wish to take the chance on Nix being a good player because of his injury history.

It is hard to say how his pro career works out, tons of talent but we have drafted to many players in the past that never lost that injury tag and turned out crap.

Also I obviously wouldnt like to see us draft any offensive players at least in the first two rounds. We have so many holes to fill, I actually wouldnt want to see any before the 5th round.

Lets say Jake Mathews drops to our spot, a clear top 5 prospect everywhere. What do we do? If were going by BPA, I would say they would take him, but at 14 there still has to be some clear cut defensive studs on the board and have to go that way.

What say you?

If jake Matthews drops that far, you hope for a trade. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted. Pure BPA, he's way better than anyone else at 14. That gives the bears a nearly impenetrable OL of Bushrod, Slausson, Garza, Long, Matthews, and it's nasty for years to come.

If jake Matthews drops that far, you hope for a trade. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted. Pure BPA, he's way better than anyone else at 14. That gives the bears a nearly impenetrable OL of Bushrod, Slausson, Garza, Long, Matthews, and it's nasty for years to come.

I would not be upset over that, I think Mathews might end up being the LT with Bushrod moving over the following year.

I would not be upset over that, I think Mathews might end up being the LT with Bushrod moving over he following year.

What about the Michigan kid. He's the more realistic option of being available. Taylor Lewan has been slotted near 14, been putting up nice results at the combine, and is said to have that nastiness. I'd prefer to go defense, but our big investment is Cutty, so maybe they grab him if he is available.

What about the Michigan kid. He's the more realistic option of being available. Taylor Lewan has been slotted near 14, been putting up nice results at the combine, and is said to have that nastiness. I'd prefer to go defense, but our big investment is Cutty, so maybe they grab him if he is available.

If one of those top players drop, it may be beneficial to trade down and grab several picks for the privilege of our pick.