A new DE was signed today

Stinger226

Another big freak athlete, 6'6" 265 with 4.58 speed. He's got the size and speed to be a beast much like Washington, but as we saw with Cornelius that size and speed doesn't necessarily mean he'll find his way to the field.

That said, I like it, the more guys you bring in like him, Washington, and Bass the better the chance of one of them "getting it" and exploding onto the scene.

BTW.... It's Austen Lane ;)

Another big freak athlete, 6'6" 265 with 4.58 speed. He's got the size and speed to be a beast much like Washington, but as we saw with Cornelius that size and speed doesn't necessarily mean he'll find his way to the field.

That said, I like it, the more guys you bring in like him, Washington, and Bass the better the chance of one of them "getting it" and exploding onto the scene.

BTW.... It's Austen Lane ;)

I went back and corrected all spelling, didnt want you to be annoyed again and again and agian.

He has been nothing special in the NFL but may turn into a rotational guy. I figure if you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it will stick.

He spent some time doin MMA last year...Joe Kim should be a fan.

Also a local kid from Evanston...Maybe some home cookin will serve him well.

Also here's a good article HE actually wrote for MMQB....

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/27/austen-lane-part2/

Not that it means much, and isn't obvious, since I root for every Bear to succeed, but I'm really pullin for this guy.

Not sure where you found his forty time at 4.58, everywhere I checked he was around 4.8. Given his size 6'6" and previous weight around 275lbs I'd say he fits the tweener role Tucker is now looking for. In other words he will have a shot at DE from either 3-4 or 4-3 alignments. I enjoyed his article so best of luck to him because we certainly need Dline help.

Not sure where you found his forty time at 4.58, everywhere I checked he was around 4.8. Given his size 6'6" and previous weight around 275lbs I'd say he fits the tweener role Tucker is now looking for. In other words he will have a shot at DE from either 3-4 or 4-3 alignments. I enjoyed his article so best of luck to him because we certainly need Dline help.

I looked up everything I could read about him and never seen that speed number also.

I figure if you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it will stick.

This. He was good but not great in high school, otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the OVC. He dominated in the OVC, but the OVC is a very weak football conference. He has bounced around the league, which indicates effort and potential, but little else.

He's a Bear for the current time, so I hope he turns into Lawrence Taylor. But I suspect he won't. After reading his two articles, I sense something that says he is too easily mentally defeated. Sure, I get the point of the articles, but he gets down VERY quickly.

For a further look into his psyche/personality, check out this article about his twitter account.

BTW - The 4.58 forty time is on Wikipedia.

This. He was good but not great in high school, otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the OVC. He dominated in the OVC, but the OVC is a very weak football conference. He has bounced around the league, which indicates effort and potential, but little else.

He's a Bear for the current time, so I hope he turns into Lawrence Taylor. But I suspect he won't. After reading his two articles, I sense something that says he is too easily mentally defeated. Sure, I get the point of the articles, but he gets down VERY quickly.

For a further look into his psyche/personality, check out this article about his twitter account.

BTW - The 4.58 forty time is on Wikipedia.

That time was at his pro day but with those being handtimed would say the combine was a little more accurate.