Jackson looking for a home...

madlithuanian

Thanks....

Honestly, and I know not everyone will agree, I think Bostic should get another chance behind an improved DL.

He's gonna get paid too, I think that money would be better spent on said DL.

Just need to check out all options, Bostic wont be playing the middle again unless we get lots of injuries. He is set to take Lances job after this year. Greens will end up just being a usable backup. I see us bringing in or drafting our new MLB. I read where Underwood played for our new LBers coach Paul P.(didnt want to misspell it)

Thanks....

Honestly, and I know not everyone will agree, I think Bostic should get another chance behind an improved DL.

He's gonna get paid too, I think that money would be better spent on said DL.

How much will he get paid? Why did Cleveland cut him? They've got a great defense and tons of money.

Just need to check out all options, Bostic wont be playing the middle again unless we get lots of injuries. He is set to take Lances job after this year. Greens will end up just being a usable backup. I see us bringing in or drafting our new MLB. I read where Underwood played for our new LBers coach Paul P.(didnt want to misspell it)

Any chance Shea will take over the Mike position? While it seems to be a lock that Shea will replace James Anderson at OLB, I see us having greater aspirations for him. When we drafted Shea, there was all kinds of talk that he was #54's eventual replacement. Like Shea, Urlacher also struggled with shedding blocks, particularly in his early years.

Lance is a lock at WLB. I agree Green is a usable backup and ST's guy. How much time will Bostic take to develop?

If you count Shea, in the last two years Emery has spent a #1, #2, and #4 on the LB position. And he has Lance Briggs. It'll be interesting.

Any chance Shea will take over the Mike position? While it seems to be a lock that Shea will replace James Anderson at OLB, I see us having greater aspirations for him. When we drafted Shea, there was all kinds of talk that he was #54's eventual replacement. Like Shea, Urlacher also struggled with shedding blocks, particularly in his early years.

Lance is a lock at WLB. I agree Green is a usable backup and ST's guy. How much time will Bostic take to develop?

If you count Shea, in the last two years Emery has spent a #1, #2, and #4 on the LB position. And he has Lance Briggs. It'll be interesting.

Really? I don't remember that at all. That would have been crazy talk considering he was a DE at best and an OLB at worst coming out of college. I remember that Green Bay wanted him as well, for those two positions.

**EDIT**

I just did some google-fu, and found a few instances of such talk. It was crazy then. Not so crazy now because it's just an attempt to salvage a potential first round bust with athletic talent/ability.

Really? I don't remember that at all. That would have been crazy talk considering he was a DE at best and an OLB at worst coming out of college. I remember that Green Bay wanted him as well, for those two positions.

**EDIT**

I just did some google-fu, and found a few instances of such talk. It was crazy then. Not so crazy now because it's just an attempt to salvage a potential first round bust with athletic talent/ability.

If you go back it was really the other way around. Like I posted in some other thread, he was something like the #14 prospect in the whole draft but as an OLB.

If you go back it was really the other way around. Like I posted in some other thread, he was something like the #14 prospect in the whole draft but as an OLB.

Yeah, that was the major issue. Most here, me included, thought he was not properly suited to being a DE. We ended up being right. He was suited to being a 3-4 OLB, which is a glorified DE who doesn't have to deal with the rigors of being a DE in many systems. But MLB? That woulda been crazy talk.

Yeah, that was the major issue. Most here, me included, thought he was not properly suited to being a DE. We ended up being right. He was suited to being a 3-4 OLB, which is a glorified DE who doesn't have to deal with the rigors of being a DE in many systems. But MLB? That woulda been crazy talk.

Looking back at his scouting reports, I think it's possible he plays in the middle. He'll apparently get a shot there, but in the end I really think Bostic is our MLB next year. I would just hate to see both Bostic and Greene riding pine a year after they were drafted.