TEs-#1 Bennett,#2 ?,#3 Rosario

Stinger226

We still have a spot to fill as an effective TE in our #2 Slot

Options in FAgency: Jeff Cumberland/Jets- young with upside

Garrett Graham/Hou- young and can catch the ball

Quarlles/GB--young has shown some upside

Draft: C.J. Fiedorowicz/Iowa- I think our first 3 picks will all be defense, but from the 4th on anything goes

Rodgers/Cal- good athlete,speed, good upside

Grimble/USC- good athlete, can catch the ball, good upside,speed

Lynch/Geo-can block and shown he can catch the ball

Gilmore/CS-impressed at Senoir Bowl- I think we draft him in 5th if we dont get a FA

1. Bennett

2. Rosario

3. Who cares

The Bears don't need to waste time/money/picks on another TE. Bennett will be in on 99% of plays anyway. The other few plays go to a guy like Rosario, who has the resume to be a suitable backup, and serves as a good blocker when needed.

The Bears have more important holes at other positions to worry about a 3rd TE.

1. Bennett

2. Rosario

3. Who cares

The Bears don't need to waste time/money/picks on another TE. Bennett will be in on 99% of plays anyway. The other few plays go to a guy like Rosario, who has the resume to be a suitable backup, and serves as a good blocker when needed.

The Bears have more important holes at other positions to worry about a 3rd TE.

Its not a priority but think we fill that spot some where, why not add some one that can make a two TE set more of a danger,Britton filled that role last year as a blocker. A late round pick will not be starting who ever we pick.

Its not a priority but think we fill that spot some where, why not add some one that can make a two TE set more of a danger,Britton filled that role last year as a blocker. A late round pick will not be starting who ever we pick.

The why not is because that same thing can be said about actual positions of need.

Why not add another DT, DE, LB, S? Or for that matter, your other thread about RBs too. A good backup RB is WAY more important than a 3rd TE. Same goes for a 3rd player at just about any position. I'd much rather see a 3rd QB than a 3rd TE.

The simple fact is, another TE is a luxury the Bears cannot afford for more the barest of minimums.

The why not is because that same thing can be said about actual positions of need.

Why not add another DT, DE, LB, S? Or for that matter, your other thread about RBs too. A good backup RB is WAY more important than a 3rd TE. Same goes for a 3rd player at just about any position. I'd much rather see a 3rd QB than a 3rd TE.

The simple fact is, another TE is a luxury the Bears cannot afford for more the barest of minimums.

you make a good point but I dont consider Rosario a #2, he would be my 3. A two TE set with another good passing option would add a lot to our developing offense. I say all of this with the thought that we resign Melton, Ratliff, and possibly Wootten.

Depending on how the Bears see Rosario as a pass catcher I'm on board for bringing in another TE.

Of course it shouldn't come at the sacrifice of the D but that should be a given.

A cheap FA or late round still gives us many spots to fill defense

I'm probably the biggest advocate of OL and offense on this board, but even I recognize that 9/10 of this offseason needs to be defense.

Now that the Center position is locked up, the only real addition I want to see on offense is a mid/late round draft pick (i.e. McCarron in the 4th).

A potential field stretcher at WR (although this is low priority) would be nice. So, too, would a change-of-pace RB who can hit the homerun. Maybe a promising backup OG/C late.

Right now, however, I think it should be DT/DE/LB/S until there aren't other options. And if Peanut leaves, add CB to that list.

I'm probably the biggest advocate of OL and offense on this board, but even I recognize that 9/10 of this offseason needs to be defense.

Now that the Center position is locked up, the only real addition I want to see on offense is a mid/late round draft pick (i.e. McCarron in the 4th).

A potential field stretcher at WR (although this is low priority) would be nice. So, too, would a change-of-pace RB who can hit the homerun. Maybe a promising backup OG/C late.

Right now, however, I think it should be DT/DE/LB/S until there aren't other options. And if Peanut leaves, add CB to that list.

Your positions are correct for drafting in the 1st 4 rounds but after that , I wouldnt have any problem if in the next 3 spots we took a QB,RB and TE. The key to all speculation is who we sign in FAgency,which is a week away.