What to make of our RBs

Stinger226

Forte has been a very good player for us but will be 29 during this football season. RBs start to hit the wall once they hit 1500 carries and Matt is at 1506, with 341 receptions.

I think they start to take some of the carries away as they try to get two more years out from him and diversify the offense a little more in its second year.

I dont think we go after anybody in FA, we will cut Bush(to much money).

We have Ford, and will remain one of our backups but think we draft a compliment player to Forte.

I think it will only be a 6th round type that will be able to be a backup RB and also play some slot WR.

If Thomas/Ore or Archer/KS last until the 6th round, we will make that selection to add speed and another dimension to our offense.

other late round possibilities

McKinnon/GS- has some speed and was a productive college RB

Perkins/MSU- has some speed and can catch the ball out of backfield

Josey/Miso- some speed, and was a productive player on a high end offense in college

I agree, we should cut Michael Bush and if we do we must sign another RB to take carries off Forte but that can't be one of these little guys. If we grab Thomas or Archer they can't block blitzers so they are purely a speed element on the outside. In other words they'd replace Ford, or just hold down Hester's spot on the roster and Ford is inactive most games. Either way we need someone bigger to share the load the load with Forte. I'd be very happy to see Ka'Deem Carey fall to us in the 4th. I don't care that he ran a 4.7 forty at the combine I've seen enough to know what he can do on the field, including enough speed to break long runs, and he is not easy to tackle.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2013...ideo-highlights

I agree, we should cut Michael Bush and if we do we must sign another RB to take carries off Forte but that can't be one of these little guys. If we grab Thomas or Archer they can't block blitzers so they are purely a speed element on the outside. In other words they'd replace Ford, or just hold down Hester's spot on the roster and Ford is inactive most games. Either way we need someone bigger to share the load the load with Forte. I'd be very happy to see Ka'Deem Carey fall to us in the 4th. I don't care that he ran a 4.7 forty at the combine I've seen enough to know what he can do on the field, including enough speed to break long runs, and he is not easy to tackle.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2013...ideo-highlights

The littles guys I suggest arent replacing Bushes role, but filling a different one. I think this role could get 10-15 plays a game and takes some of the wear off of Forte. The big back theory hasnt worked, I would rather have Forte at the goal line. We still have a fullback on the roster, and give him some of those carries in short runs.

The littles guys I suggest arent replacing Bushes role, but filling a different one. I think this role could get 10-15 plays a game and takes some of the wear off of Forte. The big back theory hasnt worked, I would rather have Forte at the goal line. We still have a fullback on the roster, and give him some of those carries in short runs.

We are actually 100% in agreement on the role for the little guys. I'd take the FB carrying the ball at the goal line as a replacement for Bush's carries there but I don't have expectations the results will be much different.