FA DE are starting to dwindle

Stinger226

I absolutely agree with the bold statement, and that's exactly what I'm doing.....You apparently don't though since all you're looking at is sack numbers, so where's you're logic?

My point for the last time is all the very good and great DEs are usually judged by there yearly sack total, I know that is only one primer I am just saying the stats you showed is just one to judge by. By some of the names on your list will probably never repeat those stats. Perfect example all the talk is how good Hardy is because of his sack total, he is 10th on your list. We both know he carries other skills, Hughes is rarely ever mentioned any where.

My point for the last time is all the very good and great DEs are usually judged by there yearly sack total, I know that is only one primer I am just saying the stats you showed is just one to judge by. By some of the names on your list will probably never repeat those stats. Perfect example all the talk is how good Hardy is because of his sack total, he is 10th on your list. We both know he carries other skills, Hughes is rarely ever mentioned any where.

I know what your point is but you also just contradicted it by saying we need to look at more than one thing.

That list is filled with studs and Hughes who had 10 sacks in 228 less snaps than Hardy. Again all that list is is about percentages.

I kinda look at sacks as a home run. Adam Dunn was 4th in the league in home runs last year yet over half the fan base wants him gone. Sacks and home runs are both sexy stats but I'll take the guy who gets on base more or gets disrupts the QB more.

While Greg Hardy may have more "home runs" than Bennett and Hughes, the last 2 got on base more consistently when they had playing time.

I know what your point is but you also just contradicted it by saying we need to look at more than one thing.

That list is filled with studs and Hughes who had 10 sacks in 228 less snaps than Hardy. Again all that list is is about percentages.

I kinda look at sacks as a home run. Adam Dunn was 4th in the league in home runs last year yet over half the fan base wants him gone. Sacks and home runs are both sexy stats but I'll take the guy who gets on base more or gets disrupts the QB more.

While Greg Hardy may have more "home runs" than Bennett and Hughes, the last 2 got on base more consistently when they had playing time.

I get all that, I was just using the sack as a point of combined views of players, I dont think it is the only measuring stick. It is just most great DEs we look back on were big is sacks.All the other stuff matters, but Hughes is at the top of that stat, an is a backup, just no big deal. M. Willams is why he has elevated stats.

Michael Bennett set to test free agency: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000033...est-free-agency

Bennett was Seattle's best pass rusher last season and is one of the best defensive ends available in a deep market this offseason. (He's our No. 3 defensive end and our No. 9 player overall.

If he doesn't go back to Seattle, Chicago seems like a logical destination with his brother's campaigning. Obviously money will be a factor, but if we cut Peppers, and with the increased cap, there should be money there this year to make a run at him.

Michael Bennett set to test free agency: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000033...est-free-agency

If he doesn't go back to Seattle, Chicago seems like a logical destination with his brother's campaigning. Obviously money will be a factor, but if we cut Peppers, and with the increased cap, there should be money there this year to make a run at him.

The problem is teams like Jack and Oakland has tons of cap space and can smack a big number on him, if one team does we have lost our edge. $$$ comes first, I wish is wasnt true.

The problem is teams like Jack and Oakland has tons of cap space and can smack a big number on him, if one team does we have lost our edge. $$$ comes first, I wish is wasnt true.

Gah, could you imagine going from Seattle to one of those teams??? Hopefully he cares about winning as well as the big money the Bears can offer him.

A subliminal message from Marty????

Martellus Bennett ‏@MartysaurusRex 9m

So @mosesbread72 and I may have a new tv show airing Monday. Or we may not. Stay tuned.

Yeah, but I am sure he has a number and it doesn't necessarily have to be the biggest number.

scs787 is right, hard to go from Seattle to a bottom feeder team.