Are we real players

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

He wasn't tagged, obviously. I think Ward is more realistic. Either way, the safeties on the team don't belong on nfl rosters, Let alone starting.

I'm with Biggs on this....

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 6h

No franchise/transition tag for #Bills S Jairus Byrd or #Browns S TJ Ward. But #Bears need to invest in front 4 before secondary IMO.

I will give you credit though...You were the only one 2 years ago who didn't think the Conte/Wright duo was good enough while everyone else was cool with them getting another year.

That said the Bears D was still a top 5 D with those guys back there.....Certainly not calling for their return but it shows you can get by with "lesser" players back there if you're getting after the QB.

He wasn't tagged, obviously. I think Ward is more realistic. Either way, the safeties on the team don't belong on nfl rosters, Let alone starting.

There are many less expensive options than those two.

Delmars

Whitner

Cleamons

Bethea

Brown- this is my choice to go after-had a great 2012 but was injured last year-the youngest of this group

There are many less expensive options than those two.

Delmars

Whitner

Cleamons

Bethea

Brown- this is my choice to go after-had a great 2012 but was injured last year-the youngest of this group

Yeah, I'd prefer this approach and a solid guy in the draft.

If HHCD were drafted in the first, and someone like Whitner were picked up, that immediately upgrades the Bears secondary by three-fold, and gives the Bears solid depth with Wright and Conte.

Guest TerraTor

Whitner is garbage, I like Delmas too but

I'd go after Ward. Draft a FS and be done with it.don't forget Urlacher was the pilot of those defenses

I'd go after Ward. Draft a FS and be done with it.don't forget Urlacher was the pilot of those defenses

How can you not like Whitner? Dude has always been good against the run and last year he was was one of the better safeties in the league in coverage.

Dude, c'mon.

If Whitner is garbage, then Conte is a pile of burning skunk carcasses.

Dude, c'mon.

Having eaten a skunk as part of my Air Force survival training it actually doesn't stink nearly as bad as how Conte played last season. I hope Conte's play elevates to the proverbial "tastes-like-chicken" level of my meal that day.

Having eaten a skunk as part of my Air Force survival training it actually doesn't stink nearly as bad as how Conte played last season. I hope Conte's play elevates to the proverbial "tastes-like-chicken" level of my meal that day.

Conte actually played well in 2012, because the rest of the defense played at a higher level. His played looked worst when he was put in a different place. We can not rebuild the defense in one year so need a better player to rise above that.

Conte actually played well in 2012, because the rest of the defense played at a higher level. His played looked worst when he was put in a different place. We can not rebuild the defense in one year so need a better player to rise above that.

I supported him after 2012! I agree in 2013 when all hell broke loose on D he had no clue which direction to go. He will have significant competition this year.

Guest TerraTor
Dude, c'mon.

Whitner had nothing to do with that Defense success.. He was trash in Buffalo and obviously means shit to SF