Champ Bailey

Alaskan Grizzly

Released from Denver. Since Tillman doesn't want to play S and apparently Emery doesn't have much in the way of loyalty, would the Bears have use of him as a potential Safety?

He was scheduled to make 10 million this year. How much of a pay cut would he take? It is rumored he may be heading to Atlanta.

I say sign him for the vet minimum

It has been brought up on this site an bunch of times, the idea of a CB moving to Safety at the end of his career. Just wondering how many guys have actually don't it and been good? I know Woodson did it up in GB. Even in college that guy was a multi position player. He could do it all, played WR, CB and returned punts and kickoffs.

Tillman and Champ are both great CB, just not sure that means they would be great Safeties.

Ronnie Lott was another.

However, exceptions make the rules...

It has been brought up on this site an bunch of times, the idea of a CB moving to Safety at the end of his career. Just wondering how many guys have actually don't it and been good? I know Woodson did it up in GB. Even in college that guy was a multi position player. He could do it all, played WR, CB and returned punts and kickoffs.

Tillman and Champ are both great CB, just not sure that means they would be great Safeties.

He was scheduled to make 10 million this year. How much of a pay cut would he take? It is rumored he may be heading to Atlanta.

I say sign him for the vet minimum

I think we will bring in our own guys over 30 that we are more familiar with , but Phil wants to get younger I got a feeling most FAs are going to be under 30.

Released from Denver. Since Tillman doesn't want to play S and apparently Emery doesn't have much in the way of loyalty, would the Bears have use of him as a potential Safety?

I don't understand the urgency to move Tillman to safety. He was playing at a pro bowl level before the injury. You move a guy to safety because of his declining skills. This was not evident last year. He's just as likely to get injured playing safety as cornerback.

I think he'd be a great safety. But he was playing great at cornerback last year also. And we still need a starting cornerback . . .

I don't understand the urgency to move Tillman to safety. He was playing at a pro bowl level before the injury. You move a guy to safety because of his declining skills. This was not evident last year. He's just as likely to get injured playing safety as cornerback.

I think he'd be a great safety. But he was playing great at cornerback last year also. And we still need a starting cornerback . . .

That of him moving to safety, was just one writer making the comment , and everybody and there son giving it life.

That of him moving to safety, was just one writer making the comment , and everybody and there son giving it life.

I dont know where to put this, but was reading where Peanut is not released by the doctors yet and for new teams will come into play with how much money he gets. That could keep the price down and put us back in play.

I dont know where to put this, but was reading where Peanut is not released by the doctors yet and for new teams will come into play with how much money he gets. That could keep the price down and put us back in play.

At the end of the year, he was put on IR and Trestsmans comment about that was strange. He mentioned how he will not disclose his condition for medical privacy rights. It was speculated that that was said to protect him for when he hits the open market. He must have a something serious that was big enough to possibly effect a contract. Hope he is healthy enough to play if he wishes with whatever team, but hope more that it is with the Bears.

At the end of the year, he was put on IR and Trestsmans comment about that was strange. He mentioned how he will not disclose his condition for medical privacy rights. It was speculated that that was said to protect him for when he hits the open market.

HIPPA rules may apply. And Trestman is an attorney .. There is that possibility.

Regardless, the first hurdle to overcome is him re-signing. And since he's already said he has no desire to play Safety (so we know it was a topic of discussion) that limits his options. Yes, he WAS playing at a pro-bowl level BEFORE his injury, but Hester WAS returning KOs and punts for TDs not all that long ago. Just sayin'

I think for him to sustain his career he'd be better served to contemplate a FS position....eventually. Seems a few other players (with the examples noted above) did so successfully.

Regardless, the first hurdle to overcome is him re-signing. And since he's already said he has no desire to play Safety (so we know it was a topic of discussion) that limits his options. Yes, he WAS playing at a pro-bowl level BEFORE his injury, but Hester WAS returning KOs and punts for TDs not all that long ago. Just sayin'

I think for him to sustain his career he'd be better served to contemplate a FS position....eventually. Seems a few other players (with the examples noted above) did so successfully.

I'd rather sign Delmas for FS, draft Ward/Bucannon at SS and sign Tillman to groom a 3rd or 4th RD prospect at CB.

Giving Bailey money to play a position he's never played is a big gamble. That's a gamble I'm not willing to take given that both of our safety positions need help. I may be wrong but I don't think the market is going to come calling his name very quickly.