Interesting article by Dan Durkin

Stinger226

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/06/dur...-agency-primer/

This had a lot of valid points in the article, I think he is right on with FAgency, we will be going after valve and quantity

I didn't read anywhere where he said they will be going after VALUE vs quality. He didn't say the opposite either. The article was just talking about FA in general.

I did like the Cash vs Cap section though. I think the Bears can do something like this again with Bennett. For those who don't wanna read the article I'll pull the part I'm talking about.

in 2013, Bushrod was 11th on the Bears in terms of his cap number of $3.015 million ($2.2 million prorated signing bonus + $715K base salary + $100K workout bonus), but was second on the team in terms of his cash number of $11.815 million ($11 million signing bonus + $715K base salary + $100K workout bonus).

Throw Bennett a huge signing bonus, while keeping his cap number at a respectable number in the 5-7 range and boom, no problems with the cap.