Url still making whine with sour grapes

madlithuanian

Ha. This thread is going to draw flames from both the Hester and Urlacher defenders. Personally I was OK with the Urlacher parting but would've liked it to be handled better than it was. Hester I'd like back but at a fair price for a kick returner, whatever that might be. I still think he's got a few years left in his legs.

When Urlacher was complaining about his contract, the one he signed, it was because it was all business and in his business mind he deserved more money. No loyalty at that time was needed on his part. The disloyal Bears gave him a pay raise in the middle of the contract. He needs to start growing up. Has any KR/PR ever made more money than Hester did on his last contract? I don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet on it.

Hester has shown class and appreciation for his time here. I think the club is looking for a returner who can contribute in other ways, either as WR, RB, or DB. On a side note related to that: I still can't figure out why the league won't change the stupid game day roster rules and just allow all 53 to be active. Makes no sense in today's game.

I am not sure if you are referring to the last contract that he refused to sign, which appeared to be more than any other team wanted to provide, but I was referring to previous contracts which if my memory serves he got all the money he could....which equates to no loyalty, all business.

So, when the Bears treat him, and Hester, the same, then it is a problem?

If nothing else, the Bears may have overpaid him the last few years of his contract.

I agree entirely on Hester, 100% class all the way thus far, and I hate to see him go. But business is business, and he has made a handsome amount of money from the Bears.

Url is another story entirely...no loyalty, no class IMO.....

I would not be shocked if Hester can't get a good deal elsewhere, if the Bears make an offer. But, I honestly think these is 1 out of 31 clubs that will be willing to overpay for the opportunity to put some fans in the stands. Like Jax, Cle, Mia...or back to TB with Smith. Hester does still have something left. It's just that the Bears have determined that what is left is not what they are willing to pay for given all their other needs.

Ha. This thread is going to draw flames from both the Hester and Urlacher defenders. Personally I was OK with the Urlacher parting but would've liked it to be handled better than it was. Hester I'd like back but at a fair price for a kick returner, whatever that might be. I still think he's got a few years left in his legs.

I would not be shocked if Hester can't get a good deal elsewhere, if the Bears make an offer. But, I honestly think these is 1 out of 31 clubs that will be willing to overpay for the opportunity to put some fans in the stands. Like Jax, Cle, Mia...or back to TB with Smith. Hester does still have something left. It's just that the Bears have determined that what is left is not what they are willing to pay for given all their other needs.

Precisely. And we don't know what parameters Hester's agent has put out there. Same thing goes for Urlacher back then. The players rely on experts to negotiate for them. The agents tell the Bears we think we're in this range. The Bears then say "OK, we're close enough to work with you" or "No thanks". In Urlacher's case they said "We're really miles apart, here's our best offer, take it or leave it." Apparently Urlacher's agent thought the Bears were bluffing and he could negotiate in the media and get more, they weren't and they cut him loose as soon as they heard from the agent. It wasn't a nice thing to do but they made it clear that they mean what they say.