Melton...For 2M???

scs787

Moon posted this earlier...

John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 3h

#Bears question w/ DT Henry Melton: would u draft a DT rehabbing ACL tear? would you pay him $2M UFA? #BearsTalk http://bit.ly/1ijdi6M

If Melton's really only gonna cost 2M, which if he hits the market I doubt, sign me up.

At 2M I think it's possible to sign both him and Bennett.

I love Aaron Donald, but in some of the latest mocks I've seen him go 12th to the Giants and 11th to the Titans. The SI mock added that it wouldn't surprise anyone if he goes in the top 10. It might be wise not to count on him being there like I have been.

For $2M, I think that's reasonable. Doubt he'll take it...

Moon posted this earlier...

John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 3h

#Bears question w/ DT Henry Melton: would u draft a DT rehabbing ACL tear? would you pay him $2M UFA? #BearsTalk http://bit.ly/1ijdi6M

If Melton's really only gonna cost 2M, which if he hits the market I doubt, sign me up.

At 2M I think it's possible to sign both him and Bennett.

I love Aaron Donald, but in some of the latest mocks I've seen him go 12th to the Giants and 11th to the Titans. The SI mock added that it wouldn't surprise anyone if he goes in the top 10. It might be wise not to count on him being there like I have been.

$2M, sign me up. I'd rather go 2-3 years with him, hope to get him a bit cheaper by showing some faith but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on a one year deal.

I think he'd prefer a 1 year deal unless someone pays him pro bowl type money that he would have got before injury.

I think he'd prefer a 1 year deal unless someone pays him pro bowl type money that he would have got before injury.

I think someone will outbid us for him, something like a 3 year 21mil deal is about all we will go.. Red Bryant got a 4 year 17 mil. His injury cost him.

I think someone will outbid us for him, something like a 3 year 21mil deal is about all we will go.. Red Bryant got a 4 year 17 mil. His injury cost him.

If he gets 3/21 then I wouldn't say his injury cost him. 7 mill a year would give him the 7th highest contract for a DT.

On many sites he is listed as the #1 DT out there. He got 8.5 mil on a tag, and wouldnt sign a contract.

I'm not certain that we made him a lucrative offer. Last off-season there was not much demand/value for defensive tackles. Melton signed his tender the day free agency started last year when he realized he might get less money in the open market. The Bears seemed to be happy to take a "Is he really worth it?" approach.