Austen Lane

AZ54

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...mel-tucker.html

Lane gives some insight into how Tucker ran the D in Jacksonville. He is right, I can't name 5 players from that defense that ranked #6. In fact I can't name two (one name only because of Lane). Sounds like we are going to see a lot of different looks from our defense this year. Can't say results will be different but after a decade watching the Lovie 2 if nothing else at least it will have me wondering what we're going to do next.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...mel-tucker.html

Lane gives some insight into how Tucker ran the D in Jacksonville. He is right, I can't name 5 players from that defense that ranked #6. In fact I can't name two (one name only because of Lane). Sounds like we are going to see a lot of different looks from our defense this year. Can't say results will be different but after a decade watching the Lovie 2 if nothing else at least it will have me wondering what we're going to do next.

Blirzing linebackers?? You mean you can do that sort of thing? lol. Hopefully we see a lot of what he said, the "vanilla D" worked in the past but they had the players to make it work.

That Jags D was filled with a bunch of nobodies and still ranked #6, so we know Tucker and his D have some potential.

I'm rooting for Lane as well. DE is stocked full of question marks like him, Scott, Bass, Washington, and Ozougwa, who all interestingly enough can probably play OLB, so it'd be real nice if a couple of them emerge. Lane was dabbling in MMA, so maybe working with Joe Kim might take him to the next level.

Blirzing linebackers?? You mean you can do that sort of thing? lol. Hopefully we see a lot of what he said, the "vanilla D" worked in the past but they had the players to make it work.

That Jags D was filled with a bunch of nobodies and still ranked #6, so we know Tucker and his D have some potential.

I'm rooting for Lane as well. DE is stocked full of question marks like him, Scott, Bass, Washington, and Ozougwa, who all interestingly enough can probably play OLB, so it'd be real nice if a couple of them emerge. Lane was dabbling in MMA, so maybe working with Joe Kim might take him to the next level.

I would be happy if just one of those emerged as one of our starters.

I would be happy if just one of those emerged as one of our starters.

Would be nice, bring back Wootton and let all those guys compete with him. While we of course have Bennett on the other side. I know I've been drafting Kareem Martin in just about every mock but after typing all those names I'm not so sure it's a need if they do bring in Bennett/Johnson and Wootton.