Bears agree to term with Nate Collins & Jordan Palmer

bradjock

One year deals. I should have mentioned that. I'm guessing non-guaranteed like Kelvin Hayden's deal.

This would be the point in the process where they realize nobody is calling about their services. So they settle for the known entity.

One year deals. I should have mentioned that. I'm guessing non-guaranteed like Kelvin Hayden's deal.

This would be the point in the process where they realize nobody is calling about their services. So they settle for the known entity.

I like those signing Collins will be a good rotational player and Palmer takes McCowns place.

Love Nasty Nate, with todays medicine I have no doubt he can come back healthy and contribute. 3 deep at DT now, I'd like to see em go 5 deep with a starting 3T and a later round run stuffer.

Palmer is a meh signing....but then again so was McCown back when.

If I remember Palmer looked better that Josh in the pre season, think he will be ok.

If I remember Palmer looked better that Josh in the pre season, think he will be ok.

Palmer did look better in pre-season. Josh was mediocre to bad. Granted, when Josh played in pre-season, he was throwing to Earl Bennett, Eric Weems, and Marquis Wilson. Not AJ, BM, and the black unicorn. Which again, makes me feel better about letting Josh go.

Jordan Palmer is not unexpected at all given the waning interest in McCown. We've hedged our bets at the QB position and now we see who else falls to us either in FA or the draft.

Very happy to have Nate Collins back. He worked hard and played well for us. Should provide good depth at this position. Now we have Ratliff, Paea, and Collins. Need to add at least one more FA DT and one via the draft. Toss in some more competition for the backup roles at the tail end of FA and we should be ready to go.

And now back to the DE position...

WTF? Where's all the McCown love we saw last season? This is nuts? Does everyone think Coach Nerdman can just turn any/every QB into a star in this offense? I'd sure like to see McCown back and I don't think he'd cost very much. But damn if there weren't dozens of folks here just itching to see McCown take over for Cutler. Where'd all those people go? If you think he's got what it takes to supplant Cutler you damn well better think he's got more to offer than Palmer!

I agree on Collins. Makes perfect sense to bring him back.

WTF? Where's all the McCown love we saw last season? This is nuts? Does everyone think Coach Nerdman can just turn any/every QB into a star in this offense? I'd sure like to see McCown back and I don't think he'd cost very much. But damn if there weren't dozens of folks here just itching to see McCown take over for Cutler. Where'd all those people go? If you think he's got what it takes to supplant Cutler you damn well better think he's got more to offer than Palmer!

Douchebag... I was one of those people. But it seems a moot point now that Cutler signed his long term deal ( not smart) and now, allegedly, teams are talking to McCown as a starter. So McCown (smart) will more than likely leave Chicago (not smart). I just thought it best to move on...

Douchebag... I was one of those people. But it seems a moot point now that Cutler signed his long term deal ( not smart) and now, allegedly, teams are talking to McCown as a starter. So McCown (smart) will more than likely leave Chicago (not smart). I just thought it best to move on...

McCown was fantastic last year. I'd love him to remain a Bear, but he's got a chance to make some $ for his future, $ the Bears just can't give him considering the crap we've got to deal with on D. So, I say thank you McCown, I hope you get that pay day and I hope you do well, but lose every game you may have against Chicago.

I'm going to assume you meant that "douchebag" in only the kindest possible way. :)

McCown was fantastic last year. I'd love him to remain a Bear, but he's got a chance to make some $ for his future, $ the Bears just can't give him considering the crap we've got to deal with on D. So, I say thank you McCown, I hope you get that pay day and I hope you do well, but lose every game you may have against Chicago.

This 100%.

Peace :dabears