Denver moves

Alaskan Grizzly

Just as a side note; where it appears the Bears are plodding along in FA, Denver is setting up for another run (or two) to the Super Bowl. Added TJ Ward and Aquib Talib today and looking like Demarcus Ware will soon be joining Von Miller along the front seven... Yikes.

They have more money and with Peyton's age they have to go after it now.

Comparing a team with $28mil or thereabouts in cap space and few needs against us with $10mil in cap space and a ton of defensive needs should not yield any expectation of similar results. Denver is in an enviable position. We got the biggest need covered for a reasonable cap hit this year and that leaves us some flexibility to fill several other positions on D once the initial wave of big money is off the table.

Comparing a team with $28mil or thereabouts in cap space and few needs against us with $10mil in cap space and a ton of defensive needs should not yield any expectation of similar results. Denver is in an enviable position. We got the biggest need covered for a reasonable cap hit this year and that leaves us some flexibility to fill several other positions on D once the initial wave of big money is off the table.

Biggest need? I still thought Safety was our weakest position last year. If we lose Wootton and don't get someone like Allen, you could say we got worse on the DL.

Biggest need? I still thought Safety was our weakest position last year. If we lose Wootton and don't get someone like Allen, you could say we got worse on the DL.

I don't think safety was our biggest weakness, I believe D Line was, leaving our safeties trying to cover all day due to no pressure.

I don't think we get worse this year at all on Dline with Houston coming in, Collins back, and maybe Melton as well as possible one or two draft picks high up that will help.

I don't think safety was our biggest weakness, I believe D Line was, leaving our safeties trying to cover all day due to no pressure.

Agreed. Anyone want to try to tackle a NFL RB that is untouched by the front 7. That will shorten anyone's carreer. Let alone trying to cover when your DL can't generate any pressure.

Agreed. Anyone want to try to tackle a NFL RB that is untouched by the front 7. That will shorten anyone's carreer. Let alone trying to cover when your DL can't generate any pressure.

Exactly, and have no guidance from any real leaders, with Tillman and Url gone and Briggs being his worthless self....I am not that worried about Conte, or Wright, given guidance, I am sure they can do the job, if the rest of the D is doing it's job and we have one or two leaders on the field that can give some guidance.