DE- Young, Lane, Scott

OLB- Briggs, Greene

OLB- Shea,

MLB- Williams, Bostic,

CB- Jennings, Frey

CB- Hayden,

S- Conte,

S- Mundy

Fill in with what ever guys Im missing. I put in Bold the guys that I think are at least proven vets. When I look at this depth chart it still looks really weak. We are short handed on all three levels, Line, Backers and DB's.

Not really missing anyone of note. Still very early. Think there's a good chance we re-sign Melton and also add another DE/S.

Just to put in one place

Bears have signed

1. Houston

2. Senn

3. Mundy

4. MD Jennings

May still be targeting :

Mike Neal DE

Jared Allen DE - Emery= looking at Allen and other, "settling out" period will come next then see where the market is

Bears FA still unsigned:

Hester- KC or Bucs have been reported interested, looks like he isn't getting the money he wants

Tillman - met with the Bucs didn't sign yet

Melton - meeting with the Vikes hasn't signed

From Emery press conference:

Working through Tillman and Melton situation. Would be open to a Peppers return for the right price, bust doesn't look good.

DE- Houston, Bass

DT- Paea, Collins,

NT- Ratliff,

DE- Young, Lane, Scott

OLB- Briggs, Greene

OLB- Shea,

MLB- Williams, Bostic,

CB- Jennings, Frey

CB- Hayden,

S- Conte,

S- Mundy

Fill in with what ever guys Im missing. I put in Bold the guys that I think are at least proven vets. When I look at this depth chart it still looks really weak. We are short handed on all three levels, Line, Backers and DB's.

DE = Looks like its the most complete group, wouldn't mind another additions

DT/NT= Needs some more, possibly the draft, if they resign Melton we would be pretty good

OLB= Funny one here, if Shea performs we still need a body but Briggs we know what we are getting

MLB- with Williams and Bostic we could be OK here

CB= if Tillman resigns I would not be too worried here but prolly need another body for depth and Nickel depth

S= Need a starter and bodies.

What do you guys think the biggest concern is now??? Safety and DL

1st DL or S

2nd whichever they choose the opposite

3rd OLB or CB

I would say at this moment (without Tillman) CB is a bigger need than S. I don't love Mundy or Jennings, but both are at least potential starters, whereas I don't think Hayden or Frey qualify as that. If the Bears do anything with their remaining money, I'd love to see Melton back and a starting-caliber CB (Munnerlyn, DMC, Tillman). Agree that DT is the other need.

I would say at this moment (without Tillman) CB is a bigger need than S. I don't love Mundy or Jennings, but both are at least potential starters, whereas I don't think Hayden or Frey qualify as that. If the Bears do anything with their remaining money, I'd love to see Melton back and a starting-caliber CB (Munnerlyn, DMC, Tillman). Agree that DT is the other need.

I think, after Phil said there's more value in the draft at Cb, that'll we'll snag a starter from the draft.

Maybe Denard in the first or a guy like Roberson/McGill/Baptiste in the 2nd.

If they brought back Melton I'd bust a nut if Gilbert falls to us....Can't imagine he gets past the lions though.

The best case scenario would be to retain Peanut and Melton. They can then focus on a safety with their first draft pick. I am assuming HaHa Clinton-Dix will be there for the taking. They can then use their 2nd rounder on a CB or NT to add some more depth.

DE- Houston, Bass

DT- Melton, Paea, Collins

NT- Ratliff, (2nd Rounder)

DE- Young, Lane, Scott

OLB- Briggs, Greene

OLB- Shea, (3rd Rounder)

MLB- Williams, Bostic,

CB- Jennings, Frey

CB- Tillman, Hayden, (4th Rounder)

S- Clinton Dix, Conte

S- Mundy, MD Jennings

The best case scenario would be to retain Peanut and Melton. They can then focus on a safety with their first draft pick. I am assuming HaHa Clinton-Dix will be there for the taking. They can then use their 2nd rounder on a CB or NT to add some more depth.

DE- Houston, Bass

DT- Melton, Paea, Collins

NT- Ratliff, (2nd Rounder)

DE- Young, Lane, Scott

OLB- Briggs, Greene

OLB- Shea, (3rd Rounder)

MLB- Williams, Bostic,

CB- Jennings, Frey

CB- Tillman, Hayden, (4th Rounder)

S- Clinton Dix, Conte

S- Mundy, MD Jennings

I think they will file the roster with depth and take the best player available.The good teams do that.