Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Now that we've signed special teams like always, this is a great draft

1. Dix - S

2. Roberson - CB

3. A. Johnson - DT

4. J. Sumwalt - ILB

5. D. Fales - QB

Not bad, but if it plays out that way it would kill me. Tons of guys I like going just before the Bears pick.

Based on that structure, I'd actually prefer to see it go:

1 - Jernigan, DT

2 - Roberson, CB

3 - Bucannon - S

4 - McCarron - QB

I'm content with both scenarios, but I like yours better than WalterFootball's...except I'd like to see some LB picks in there too.

Not bad, but if it plays out that way it would kill me. Tons of guys I like going just before the Bears pick.

1 - Jernigan, DT

2 - Roberson, CB

3 - Bucannon - S

4 - McCarron - QB

1 - Jernigan, DT

2 - Roberson, CB

3 - Bucannon - S

4 - McCarron - QB

Love the idea of Jernigan if they can snag Melton. Don't think he'll provide much of a pass rush to play him as the 3T, and we need a guy that will provide pressure up the gut.

Houston-Melton-Jernigan-Young should be DOMINATE against the run.

If they cant snag Melton or Hatcher I really hope Donald falls to us.

If we get Melton and the Bears like Ratliff/Paea at NT I'd be cool with Dix.

Like Roberson in the 2nd.

I'm content with both scenarios, but I like yours better than WalterFootball's...except I'd like to see some LB picks in there too.

Yeah, my philosophy on defense is that the 1st and 3rd levels are much more important than the LBs. I think if the 1st and/or 3rd levels are good, the LBs are basically guys that are required to find their gaps and hit tacklers. I know it's super-simplified, but that's my thought. And since the Bears already have Briggs, SMC, Bostic, DJ, and Greene, I don't think LB is a need. If those 5 can't fill the 3 LB positions then that's a big problem.

Yeah, my philosophy on defense is that the 1st and 3rd levels are much more important than the LBs. I think if the 1st and/or 3rd levels are good, the LBs are basically guys that are required to find their gaps and hit tacklers. I know it's super-simplified, but that's my thought. And since the Bears already have Briggs, SMC, Bostic, DJ, and Greene, I don't think LB is a need. If those 5 can't fill the 3 LB positions then that's a big problem.

I agree, right now LB is low on the need list with the addition of DJ. Until we see what style defense we will be running, I'd rather hold off.

I follow your logic.

I think I'm too wrapped up in the Bears MLB tradition. I think you absoutely need a defensive leader in at MLB, that's why I give that line a little more oomph than the secondary.

I'm solely looking for a leader at MLB...that's why I don't mind taking one in the mid rounds.

Guest TerraTor

IM With Madlith our LB Corp (ILB) needs foundation. Bostic isn't a Defensive Signal Caller. Let him play outside and kill people all he wants.

Shae McClellin Is just awful. I'm not even thinking he would be serviceable in a 3-4

I follow your logic.

I think I'm too wrapped up in the Bears MLB tradition. I think you absoutely need a defensive leader in at MLB, that's why I give that line a little more oomph than the secondary.

I'm solely looking for a leader at MLB...that's why I don't mind taking one in the mid rounds.

The problem is a rookie probably doesn't come in and take command right away. Bostic was praised as a strong leader at Florida, by draft experts as well.

Agreed.

Hell, Url didn't take to it right away. Even Singletary had to earn it. If Bostic can do it this season and show us that, then what a pleasant surprise that'll be! I'm not banking on it. Henceforth, why I want to take a stab at another.

The problem is a rookie probably doesn't come in and take command right away. Bostic was praised as a strong leader at Florida, by draft experts as well.