Melton's Market

AZ54

First wave of FA is over. According to NFL Network 50 (or more) of the top 100 FA have signed with teams. He has three teams interested in him: Dallas, Seattle, and Minn.

The Cowboys do not have a lot of cap space and still have a few spots to fill. Here Melton has tons of opportunity for little money.

The Vikings have cap space but Melton either got no contract or didn't like what they said. Based on reports it was no contract offer. On top of that the Vikings have Floyd at the 3T spot so Melton is going to be a backup and I can't see the Vikings spending big on Melton now. Little opportunity for likely medium money.

Seattle has opportunity and has a good amount of cap space left. I can see Melton landing here unless the Bears beat their offer in a significant way.

Chicago has a lot of opportunity and medium to low cash. We might be willing to go a little longer term on the contract

First wave of FA is over. According to NFL Network 50 (or more) of the top 100 FA have signed with teams. He has three teams interested in him: Dallas, Seattle, and Minn.

The Cowboys do not have a lot of cap space and still have a few spots to fill. Here Melton has tons of opportunity for little money.

The Vikings have cap space but Melton either got no contract or didn't like what they said. Based on reports it was no contract offer. On top of that the Vikings have Floyd at the 3T spot so Melton is going to be a backup and I can't see the Vikings spending big on Melton now. Little opportunity for likely medium money.

Seattle has opportunity and has a good amount of cap space left. I can see Melton landing here unless the Bears beat their offer in a significant way.

Chicago has a lot of opportunity and medium to low cash. We might be willing to go a little longer term on the contract

If Seattle does what they did last year with Arvil and Bennett they will offer a medium contract. Something like 1 year 5 or 2 year 11. I think our offer is for longer years, something like 3 year 17 mil. If he doesnt sign before monday with them or Dallas I see him coming back here.

If Seattle does what they did last year with Arvil and Bennett they will offer a medium contract. Something like 1 year 5 or 2 year 11. I think our offer is for longer years, something like 3 year 17 mil. If he doesnt sign before monday with them or Dallas I see him coming back here.

Where did you hear that the Bears were offering him multiple years?

Doesn't Dallas have $$$ since they cut Demarcus Ware? They have don't much.

Melton is rumored to be very close to signing with Seattle today. I think I saw that on PFT.

Melton is rumored to be very close to signing with Seattle today. I think I saw that on PFT.

Apparently he's back home in Dallas with no deal from Seattle. But "several teams" are interested and he may not make the scheduled meeting with Dallas tomorrow.

*I like (and agree) with the comments from the third guy down in the comments section (minus the bar part).

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/...ral-teams.html/

Apparently he's back home in Dallas with no deal from Seattle. But "several teams" are interested and he may not make the scheduled meeting with Dallas tomorrow.

*I like (and agree) with the comments from the third guy down in the comments section (minus the bar part).

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/...ral-teams.html/

You guys are crazy, Melton has had 2 years as a full time starter. 1 year he was a pro bowler, and the other he had the 3rd most sacks of any DT in the league. Melton is your prototype 3T.

I think teams are just trying to find as much as they can about the whole lawsuit thing before they offer up a contract......wouldn't surprise me if it's another week or 2 (or longer) before he signs..

Why would Melton want to sign a long term deal? His market is fairly low right now. With the bad knee and the arrest, that's not going to improve any time soon. I'm guessing he's being offered in the 3-4 million range. Whatever the figure is, it's not going to increase. If he can bounce back and have a pro-bowl year, next off-season he will strike it rich.

On a side note, if we ever wanted to move him, Lamarr Houston could be one helluva a 3 technique. That's not going to happen anytime soon as he's by far our best DE.

Where did you hear that the Bears were offering him multiple years?

Doesn't Dallas have $$$ since they cut Demarcus Ware? They have don't much.

I am just assuming we try to get him on a more long term deal, that would be able to allow less of a cap hit this year.

I think teams are just trying to find as much as they can about the whole lawsuit thing before they offer up a contract......wouldn't surprise me if it's another week or 2 (or longer) before he signs..

Im thinking that he is not getting the money offers he wants, the bar incident and his medical issue information has been out there for awhile.

Im thinking that he is not getting the money offers he wants, the bar incident and his medical issue information has been out there for awhile.

The bar incident got a new twist recently with the news they're trying to sue him. Before recently it was the other way around with Melton supposedly suing them.

The bar incident got a new twist recently with the news they're trying to sue him. Before recently it was the other way around with Melton supposedly suing them.

Why does it matter if an incident all of a sudden has a lawsuit involved, it doesnt change what actions created the situation that occurred and that was in December.Teams already have the details checked out with that.

Why does it matter if an incident all of a sudden has a lawsuit involved, it doesnt change what actions created the situation that occurred and that was in December.Teams already have the details checked out with that.

You don't think things are a little different now that 3 months later Melton is the one being sued. I won't pretend to know what happened, nor do I care, but there's obviously a new wrinkle to the story now.

Could it just be the injury concerns?? Very possible, I can't discard that possibility. Nor can I discard the possibility that he's asking for too much money. And I'm not sure you can discard this new wrinkle to the story either.

You don't think things are a little different now that 3 months later Melton is the one being sued. I won't pretend to know what happened, nor do I care, but there's obviously a new wrinkle to the story now.

Could it just be the injury concerns?? Very possible, I can't discard that possibility. Nor can I discard the possibility that he's asking for too much money. And I'm not sure you can discard this new wrinkle to the story either.

A team will not care if someone is sueing a player, long as there isnt an arrest applied to the charges, the lawsuit doesnt mean anything. He AINT getting a contract because he wants more money.Its not brain surgery.

A team will not care if someone is sueing a player, long as there isnt an arrest applied to the charges, the lawsuit doesnt mean anything. He AINT getting a contract because he wants more money.Its not brain surgery.

Money is a factor yes but Im saying it might not be the only thing.

His agent said this just a few days ago.

"We have recently reviewed the lawsuit, and do not believe the validity of the allegations made. We look forward to providing the true facts in court, and will defend this matter vigorously. We will seek and hold the Chill and other accountable for any and all damages Henry has suffered at the hands of multiple men who attacked him."

You don't think teams wanna do a bit more research?.

Money is a factor yes but Im saying it might not be the only thing.

His agent said this just a few days ago.

"We have recently reviewed the lawsuit, and do not believe the validity of the allegations made. We look forward to providing the true facts in court, and will defend this matter vigorously. We will seek and hold the Chill and other accountable for any and all damages Henry has suffered at the hands of multiple men who attacked him."

You don't think teams wanna do a bit more research?.

Nope, its ok to be wrong once in a while everybody is.

Last year u quit, talked smack about this board.

I think your big grip was the name calling.

Now you call him a douche...... I don't get it.

I'm a hot head, I don't like the name calling because I just have to respond to it and then the situation turns into what we have now. I left the board because all I was doing was responding to overblown arguments that were not needed. I keep trying to bury the hatchet with this guy, but he keeps insisting on arguing like a married couple (hence the hilarious posts by grizzly).

Like I said last year, don't start no shit won't be no shit.

I'm a hot head, I don't like the name calling because I just have to respond to it and then the situation turns into what we have now. I left the board because all I was doing was responding to overblown arguments that were not needed. I keep trying to bury the hatchet with this guy, but he keeps insisting on arguing like a married couple (hence the hilarious posts by grizzly).

Like I said last year, don't start no shit won't be no shit.

For everyones benefit I will not be clicking on this thread to see what happens next.

I like both u guys, both post a bunch of good stuff. I for one don't care about the name calling or jabs. Its the point of these boards, everyone expressing their thoughts and arguing over who is right. I compare it to sitting around my garage with my buddies. We never agree on shit and we call each other every name in the book. At the end of the day we are all friends.

Any board would be boring if everyone agreed with everything written.