Izzy coming back to Chicago???

GakMan23

Hold up. You have that stance on Izzy, an inarguable average, albeit reliable, player for 9 years with the Bears, but you were basically leading the charge on this board for the ouster of Urlacher and Hester, saying they were worth no more than vet minimum (or thereabouts)? :blink: :blink:

Izzy is most likely getting paid vet minimum. Hester is not worth more than vet minimum in my opinion and the market will probably prove that out. I said Url was worth more that vet minimum (but not much) and that was proven out by the market.

Peace :dabears

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of making Houston a full time 3-tech DT, I can't imagine that being the plan though...Would be be interesting nevertheless

I think with Melton going Cowboy, I think there is a possibility that could happen if we get another DE, draft or FAgency.

I think with Melton going Cowboy, I think there is a possibility that could happen if we get another DE, draft or FAgency.

Not this year it won't happen. Last year we started the season with Peppers, Shea, and Wootton at DE. Those 3 were solid locks to make the team and contribute. Then we had other guys like Cheta who were competing for the #4 spot. Peppers is gone, Wootton is likely gone, and Shea is a linebacker. We've replaced them with Houston, Young, and Izzy. That's a down-grade. We might want Izzy as more of a special teams player. Does Trevor Scott make the team? Does Lane Austin? David Bass, Cornelius Washington . . .

I know there are five guys with potential but at this stage in the game, we should be hearing about the 1 or 2 DE's we really like.

IMO, our #1 defensive priority was making sure the run defense was not a freaking joke. We need Houston to play defensive end and we need him for run defense.

Not this year it won't happen. Last year we started the season with Peppers, Shea, and Wootton at DE. Those 3 were solid locks to make the team and contribute. Then we had other guys like Cheta who were competing for the #4 spot. Peppers is gone, Wootton is likely gone, and Shea is a linebacker. We've replaced them with Houston, Young, and Izzy. That's a down-grade. We might want Izzy as more of a special teams player. Does Trevor Scott make the team? Does Lane Austin? David Bass, Cornelius Washington . . .

I know there are five guys with potential but at this stage in the game, we should be hearing about the 1 or 2 DE's we really like.

IMO, our #1 defensive priority was making sure the run defense was not a freaking joke. We need Houston to play defensive end and we need him for run defense.

IMO Houston/Young/Izzy is an upgrade to Peppers/SMC/Wootton.

There's a reason why Houston is ranked the 10th overall FA and Peppers is ranked 54th on PFTs top 101 list. Young vs Wootton is toss up since the whole playing on the line with the best DT duo argument is legit. I'll take Izzy over SMC all day as well.

All the guys will benefit from working with Joe Kim as well.

As you said the run defense should be miles ahead of where it was last year as well.

One things for sure is that it was gonna take more than a year regardless, and next year they'll have big bucks to throw around. If Young doesn't work out then perhaps we will have another shot at Greg Hardy next year, or maybe take a shot at Cliff Avril.