Another Fanspeak's draft

Stinger226

I am started to get addicted to dreaming of drafting people we might get.

This is another one I did, and the first two picks were awesome(I realize it isnt realistic)

The 3rd pick was staring me in the face, and I couldnt help but remember a Ohio State game I watched and Hyde kicked ass. I had to take him.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=gukpeu

That'd be incredible, did you use the optimal scouting big board or something like that?

I did one the other day and came away with Donald AND Jernigan! Houston-Donald-Jernigan-Young would be incredible. Houston-Donald-Ratliff-Young/Ealy sounds equally sexy....Or maybe they sign Sims, who can play the 1 or the 3, and go with Houston-Donald-Sims-Young/Ealy.

I too am addicted to that site, everytime the Bears make a move I go back and do another draft.

That'd be incredible, did you use the optimal scouting big board or something like that?

I did one the other day and came away with Donald AND Jernigan! Houston-Donald-Jernigan-Young would be incredible. Houston-Donald-Ratliff-Young/Ealy sounds equally sexy....Or maybe they sign Sims, who can play the 1 or the 3, and go with Houston-Donald-Sims-Young/Ealy.

I too am addicted to that site, everytime the Bears make a move I go back and do another draft.

I know its not realistic but would be game is some of those situations actually happened. Thanks for turning me on to that site.

I am started to get addicted to dreaming of drafting people we might get.

This is another one I did, and the first two picks were awesome(I realize it isnt realistic)

The 3rd pick was staring me in the face, and I couldnt help but remember a Ohio State game I watched and Hyde kicked ass. I had to take him.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=gukpeu

I despise the Carlos Hyde pick, but I have to admit that would be a very good draft.

Here is my first draft attempt:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=yuwonc

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

DT TIMMY JERNIGAN

FLORIDA STATE

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

S TRE BOSTON

NORTH CAROLINA

C BRYAN STORK

FLORIDA STATE

ILB MAX BULLOUGH

MICHIGAN STATE

Based on this mock draft it was difficult to pass on DL as it seemed to be the most deep and then get some later round help for the secondary. Point being I think if the Bears want a starting FS they will need to take one in the first round. Very interesting mock draft sight thanks for sharing!

2nd draft attempt with BPA:

I know someone else posted what do the Bears do if a top LT falls to them in the daft? This happened for this mock and I took Matthews and it changed everything.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=dnxfvz

OT JAKE MATTHEWS

TEXAS A&M

CB KYLE FULLER

VIRGINIA TECH

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ

IOWA

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

WR JOSH HUFF

OREGON

At the third round, that would be a steal and a potential player to take Forte's place when he joins the non effective older RBs.

I just don't like drafting a RB when there are so many other positions of need. If the Bears trade down and accumulate picks, then I think RB isn't as bad of a choice.

Here is my first draft attempt:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=yuwonc

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

DT TIMMY JERNIGAN

FLORIDA STATE

Holy hell. What a start! Unfortunately, as soon as I saw this I thought, "That's impossible." So it kind of makes the rest of the draft moot. Although, I am salivating at the thought of those two guys wearing Bears' jerseys. I'd have to think that would guarantee a serious upgrade in the defense.

I just don't like drafting a RB when there are so many other positions of need. If the Bears trade down and accumulate picks, then I think RB isn't as bad of a choice.

I really think we need another good RB. At Forte's age and wear, he will be on the decline sooner than later. I'd rather it not be a need because that's a big one.

2nd draft attempt with BPA:

I know someone else posted what do the Bears do if a top LT falls to them in the daft? This happened for this mock and I took Matthews and it changed everything.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=dnxfvz

OT JAKE MATTHEWS

TEXAS A&M

CB KYLE FULLER

VIRGINIA TECH

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ

IOWA

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

WR JOSH HUFF

OREGON

I think Matthews would make this offense unstoppable, but it would hurt the defense. Overall, I don't like this draft, but I think this would be Forte's reaction.

fortesalivate.jpg

I think Matthews would make this offense unstoppable, but it would hurt the defense. Overall, I don't like this draft, but I think this would be Forte's reaction.

fortesalivate.jpg

Martin and Fuller just not enough defense, you almost have to take Mathews with that pick or someone gives you alot of picks for it.

I think Matthews would make this offense unstoppable, but it would hurt the defense. Overall, I don't like this draft, but I think this would be Forte's reaction. fortesalivate.jpg

I agree that this draft while it would be very good under different circumstances it would really set the team back defensively thus making the window for a possible run for a title even smaller with the core championship caliber offense players here.

The top FS was gone at 14 and so I went BPA. While taking Matthews helped the OL it cause me to miss out on the top tier DT thus I chose to double down again and take the highest rated player and drafted a starting center in the 3rd. Too bad the former regime struggled drafting quality players of their tenure.

This exercise demonstrates the reality that the Bears do not have the luxury to go BPA. Rather, they have to go BDPA because they are so desperate for upgrading the defense.

Here is my latest draft:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=twdqag

S HA HA CLINTON-DIX

ALABAMA

TE TROY NIKLAS

NOTRE DAME

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

DT KELCY QUARLES

SOUTH CAROLINA

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

ILB MAX BULLOUGH

MICHIGAN STATE

CB DONTAE JOHNSON

NC STATE

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

DT KELCY QUARLES

SOUTH CAROLINA

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

ILB MAX BULLOUGH

MICHIGAN STATE

CB DONTAE JOHNSON

NC STATE

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

DT KELCY QUARLES

SOUTH CAROLINA

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

ILB MAX BULLOUGH

MICHIGAN STATE

CB DONTAE JOHNSON

NC STATE

Donald and Quarles are both 3 T type tackles. I suspect they would go with a bigger DT with the second choice.

Here is my latest draft:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=twdqag

S HA HA CLINTON-DIX

ALABAMA

TE TROY NIKLAS

NOTRE DAME

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

DT KELCY QUARLES

SOUTH CAROLINA

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

ILB MAX BULLOUGH

MICHIGAN STATE

CB DONTAE JOHNSON

NC STATE

Hate the TE pick that early. Makes very little sense.