Not a Bears item, but a Q on how we all view things...

madlithuanian

Viewing Preference?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Viewing Preference

• Standard
    • Outline
    • Other

I was messaging with scs about how we view the board and was wondering how everyone views the threads...

Do you guys view in standard mode or outline mode? (or other?)

I view in outline since I don't necessarily care what the most recent post is, but instead to follow a specific sub-thread or conversation.

I was messaging with scs about how we view the board and was wondering how everyone views the threads...

Do you guys view in standard mode or outline mode? (or other?)

I view in outline since I don't necessarily care what the most recent post is, but instead to follow a specific sub-thread or conversation.

Not sure how I view it, ive never changed anything so whatever the default setting is, is the way I view. Where can I go to change it to see how the two are different?

When you're in a thread, there should be an "options" buttom towards the top right of the page...there you can set the different views...

I imagine default is standard, but I'm not sure. I tweaked my preferences so long ago that I have no idea!

Not sure how I view it, ive never changed anything so whatever the default setting is, is the way I view. Where can I go to change it to see how the two are different?

Not sure in all honestly what the default is. All I know is when I switch to standard, I just get pages of detailed reponses. Whereas when I've selected outline, it's a summary (like an outline) of the thread and various sub-threads.

I chose "other". I prefer to 'view' it with my eyes.

But I think Outline is the format I read it in...or is it? I can't tell the advantage of one over the other. Isn't outline the 'default' setting?

I was chatting with scs about how when I view his posts, they never follow a sub-thread. Apparently, he follows the std view, so he didn't see that happening...

So, just out of curiousity, I was wondering how everyone else views. I think outline is better so I can see the forrest from the trees...

Why are you asking? Just out of curiosity?

Sorta unrelated to your question but still Bears..... So now that Devin is gone, who changes the banner for the site? I think Brian (?) was asking about this a year or so ago but nothing happened. My thought at the time would be to do something 'old school' with pics of historic players; Butkus, GSH, Payton, Sayers, Luckman...etc

Sorta unrelated to your question but still Bears..... So now that Devin is gone, who changes the banner for the site? I think Brian (?) was asking about this a year or so ago but nothing happened. My thought at the time would be to do something 'old school' with pics of historic players; Butkus, GSH, Payton, Sayers, Luckman...etc

Payton is my all time favorite player.(probably cause I had season tickets when he played. ) Good player , good man, prankster like me.

Agreed!

Time to go classic!

Yeah but then we'll have to change it again in about five years or so.... Maybe not such a bad thing.

Dang whippersnappers.

Change is good my friend. Soxtalk changes theirs every year. Ironically this year they have Frank Thomas so they went with a blast from the past (Because he was just inducted in the HoF).

Who made the one we see now??? I'm not bad with photoshop, but I'm not great either.

Change is good my friend. Soxtalk changes theirs every year. Ironically this year they have Frank Thomas so they went with a blast from the past (Because he was just inducted in the HoF).

Who made the one we see now??? I'm not bad with photoshop, but I'm not great either.

Not sure. Been there since the site started I think. Maybe Brian?

Maybe a poll on what to put up there?

Not sure. Been there since the site started I think. Maybe Brian?

Maybe a poll on what to put up there?

Sounds like a plan.

On that note I've actually never made a poll before....I'm sure it's not hard to figure out but if someone else wans to make it, go for it.

With the Bears being offensive oriented now a days I vote for one with Forte/Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett

Here's what I just threw together....

banner_zpsa3125dda.jpg

Not great, but it's somethin. Need to touch up Marshalls arm just a bit.

I could try to whip something up with the legends if that's what we want. I encourage others to give it a shot as well.

Not bad. Know I couldn't do it. Probably will have to get Admins to vote on it as they are sorta the "founding fathers" of the site.