Wootton signs with Minnesota

bradjock

lol ya beat me! mods go ahead and delete my thread.

The NFC North DE shuffle continues.

Wootton is a Viking

Peppers is a Packer

Young is a Bear

Izzy is a Bear

Is Allen to the Bears the next part of the NFC-N shuffle??? (doubtful)

I'm fine with Houston/Young, but I can't deny how sexy it would be to add Allen to the mix.

lol ya beat me! mods go ahead and delete my thread.

The NFC North DE shuffle continues.

Wootton is a Viking

Peppers is a Packer

Young is a Bear

Izzy is a Bear

Is Allen to the Bears the next part of the NFC-N shuffle??? (doubtful)

I'm fine with Houston/Young, but I can't deny how sexy it would be to add Allen to the mix.

Didn't he (Allen) sign a deal with Seattle? I know he went there for a second visit...which isn't good.

Didn't he (Allen) sign a deal with Seattle? I know he went there for a second visit...which isn't good.

Last I heard, he wanted 10 million per year or he was retiring. I think he could be the guy who puts us over the top. Our offense is among the best in the league. Even with all the moves we've made, our defense is still among the worst. The draft will help, but not nearly enough immediately.

The Wootton deal was for a one year deal. I thought he would do better than that.

All the moving around last year didn't do him any justice, he was pretty bad.

He's never proven himself as a full time starter yet. I'd say a 1 year deal is what's best for him.

All the moving around last year didn't do him any justice, he was pretty bad.

He's never proven himself as a full time starter yet. I'd say a 1 year deal is what's best for him.

Good point. Every year he was with the Bears I felt like he was on the verge of breaking out to be a really good player. Instead he was always just an ok player who was never a difference maker (although he did knock out Favre). He's only 26 and he should be a nice player for Minny.

For KO-ing Favre, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the guy...other than the days he plays against us.

Decent player. No big loss.

Good point. Every year he was with the Bears I felt like he was on the verge of breaking out to be a really good player. Instead he was always just an ok player who was never a difference maker (although he did knock out Favre). He's only 26 and he should be a nice player for Minny.

Considering the so-so year (although I liked how he competed at DT for us) and his surgery he's got a pretty good deal in Minn IMO. I thought he'd end up closer to $1mil for a year, and maybe even vet min. His versatility helped in this case. He's a good guy and I expect he'll be around the league for another 5 years.