Rumors and myths

Stinger226

I notice a few names on twitter that probably means crab but worth throwing out there.(slow time until draft)

I seen on a local South Carolina paper that it was mentioned the Bears targeting K. Quarles at DT (he is a 3T type, likely in the second or third round)

Also God forbid, seen Tebow's name mentioned that were looking at(Ugh)--enough said

If trading was a likely scenario,SF is the only team loaded with players and draft picks. So lets say(yes) 14th pick for late 1st-2nd-3rd-4th.

WHY? SF cut Carlos Rodgers and lost Tarrel Brown in FAgency so they move up to get Gilbert or Dennard

so here we go(used Draft Tek) full draft list

30th pick-----Jernigan/DT/FSU-------intent on stopping the run this year

2nd-1--------- Roby/CB/OSU---------a valve and need with Peanut on a one year and Bowman not being resigned

2nd-2---------Jimmie Ward/FS/NIU--minus 5 lbs less that Earl Thomas, the kid can play

3rd-1----------C.J.Fiedorowicz/TE/Iowa---with the extra picks we address offense, not addressed in FAgency

3rd-2----------Kareem Martin/DE/NC----more youth at DE

4th-1-----------DAT/RB/Oregon----- we add speed at RB and plays slot WR another weapon to our Arsenal

4th-2-----------Zack Mettenberger/QB/LSU---extra picks lands us a QB

5th-------------Max Bullough/MLB/MSU---- a troubled player with great upside

6th-------------Gabe Ikard/OC/OKa------- a center prospect

6th-------------Brock Vereen/SS/Minn---safety depth

after scanning thru Draft Tek list, seems unrealistic slotting of players.

I notice a few names on twitter that probably means crab but worth throwing out there.(slow time until draft)

I seen on a local South Carolina paper that it was mentioned the Bears targeting K. Quarles at DT (he is a 3T type, likely in the second or third round)

Also God forbid, seen Tebow's name mentioned that were looking at(Ugh)--enough said

If trading was a likely scenario,SF is the only team loaded with players and draft picks. So lets say(yes) 14th pick for late 1st-2nd-3rd-4th.

WHY? SF cut Carlos Rodgers and lost Tarrel Brown in FAgency so they move up to get Gilbert or Dennard

so here we go(used Draft Tek) full draft list

30th pick-----Jernigan/DT/FSU-------intent on stopping the run this year

2nd-1--------- Roby/CB/OSU---------a valve and need with Peanut on a one year and Bowman not being resigned

2nd-2---------Jimmie Ward/FS/NIU--minus 5 lbs less that Earl Thomas, the kid can play

3rd-1----------C.J.Fiedorowicz/TE/Iowa---with the extra picks we address offense, not addressed in FAgency

3rd-2----------Kareem Martin/DE/NC----more youth at DE

4th-1-----------DAT/RB/Oregon----- we add speed at RB and plays slot WR another weapon to our Arsenal

4th-2-----------Zack Mettenberger/QB/LSU---extra picks lands us a QB

5th-------------Max Bullough/MLB/MSU---- a troubled player with great upside

6th-------------Gabe Ikard/OC/OKa------- a center prospect

6th-------------Brock Vereen/SS/Minn---safety depth

after scanning thru Draft Tek list, seems unrealistic slotting of players.

This will be ugly but using drafttek too:

1-Timmy Jernigan DT

2-Deone Buccannon SS

2-Kelcy Quarles DT

3-Jimmy Ward FS

3-Kadeem Carey RB

4-Joe Don Duncan TE

4-Taylor Hart DE

5-Walt Aikens CB

6-Aaron Murray QB

6-Gabe Ikard C

It's unrealistic, but going off the same drafttek draft order I'd be ecstatic with this.

....if we don't trade down...

1. HaHa Clinton-Dix FS

2-Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 6-6

3-Kelcy Quarles DT

4-Taylor Hart DE

5-Walt Aikens CB

6-Aaron Murray QB

6-Gabe Ikard C

This will be ugly but using drafttek too:

1-Timmy Jernigan DT

2-Deone Buccannon SS

2-Kelcy Quarles DT

3-Jimmy Ward FS

3-Kadeem Carey RB

4-Joe Don Duncan TE

4-Taylor Hart DE

5-Walt Aikens CB

6-Aaron Murray QB

6-Gabe Ikard C

It's unrealistic, but going off the same drafttek draft order I'd be ecstatic with this.

....if we don't trade down...

1. HaHa Clinton-Dix FS

2-Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 6-6

3-Kelcy Quarles DT

4-Taylor Hart DE

5-Walt Aikens CB

6-Aaron Murray QB

6-Gabe Ikard C

Two starting safeties and two rotational DT. Dont know anything about Carey but will check it out. Im all in.

Just seen a report on Bleacher report that James Ihedigbo/S is deciding between us and Detroit as to who to sign with.

That would be a good add but something tells me he's going to cost.

Edit: good "camp body" add and not costly. Confused him with Ihenacho at Denver. Who might be available if Ward is there? But am sure he'd (Ihenacho) be pricey.

I kinda doubt we're in on Ihedigbo, might chart that one up as a myth. He and Mundy are virtually the same player, strong run defenders who struggle in pass defense.

And FWIW, Matt Miller has him ranked 69th of 75 safeties, Mundy's ranked 26th. (MD Jennings ranked 57th)

I suppose he could be depth/competition for Ryan though.

I kinda doubt we're in on Ihedigbo, might chart that one up as a myth. He and Mundy are virtually the same player, strong run defenders who struggle in pass defense.

And FWIW, Matt Miller has him ranked 69th of 75 safeties, Mundy's ranked 26th. (MD Jennings ranked 57th)

I suppose he could be depth/competition for Ryan though.

I like Matt Miller but seen where last year PFF had him rated as the 16th best safety. Forgot who but someone had him rated as the 15th best FA this year.I think , if we sign him he would start along side Mundy. Although I agree he seems more of a SS, but need to check him out more.

I like Matt Miller but seen where last year PFF had him rated as the 16th best safety. Forgot who but someone had him rated as the 15th best FA this year.I think , if we sign him he would start along side Mundy. Although I agree he seems more of a SS, but need to check him out more.

NFL trade rumors has him ranked as the 15th best FA...of all the players left.

Ihedigbo strong PFF rank was all from his run defense grade, which was really good. He was worse in coverage than Mundy, who also got less PT to improve his overall grade.

I really think pairing the 2 (Mundy and Ihedigbo) would be a mistake. I think we need to pair Mundy (or perhaps Ihedigbo, if the rumor carries some weight) with a safety who's good in coverage.....Esp. if we run a lot of zone coverage which is pretty much a lock.

NFL trade rumors has him ranked as the 15th best FA...of all the players left.

Ihedigbo strong PFF rank was all from his run defense grade, which was really good. He was worse in coverage than Mundy, who also got less PT to improve his overall grade.

I really think pairing the 2 (Mundy and Ihedigbo) would be a mistake. I think we need to pair Mundy (or perhaps Ihedigbo, if the rumor carries some weight) with a safety who's good in coverage.....Esp. if we run a lot of zone coverage which is pretty much a lock.

If the players are that close in ability probably wouldnt be a good signing, although maybe he is better than Mundy.