Banner

madlithuanian

You know...I can't seem to figure out how to do a re-size... When I change the inches...the overall pixels seem to maintain their size.

How do you do a re-size in photoshop? I'm assuming the 738*118 is pixels?

lol thats the same problem I was having, it's tough to take a picture that size and bring it down to such odd dimensions.

I think you might be able to get away with zooming out on the picture a bit, then take a screen shot of it, and open it in another document. That might make it easier to work with

Sadly, that deteriorates the image.

I'm sure there's a way to reduce it down in photoshop. I'm just not that handy with that part of it... I tried it, and it simply shrunk the image, but not the pixel size.

lol thats the same problem I was having, it's tough to take a picture that size and bring it down to such odd dimensions.

I think you might be able to get away with zooming out on the picture a bit, then take a screen shot of it, and open it in another document. That might make it easier to work with

I can do that at home. I won't be able to do it tonight. But I'll work on it ASAP.

what exactly are you trying to do? convert an image to fit "X" dimensions for your banner?

if the proportions of your image at 72 pixels per inch is smaller than the size of the final file dimensions for the finished image you will have pixelization no matter what you do. you can't add size beyond that point without affecting the image quality.

if your image has a larger pixel count then you CAN convert it down and if the dimensions correspond with the width and height of your final target no problem. if they do NOT fit the final size then what you will have to do is create a new file the size you want and paste the image into it and size it to the best fit.

if you can contact me through this site by email i can help you out a little more if you need it.

That helped!

Before I do just that, I was wondering if the second version works?

what exactly are you trying to do? convert an image to fit "X" dimensions for your banner?

if the proportions of your image at 72 pixels per inch is smaller than the size of the final file dimensions for the finished image you will have pixelization no matter what you do. you can't add size beyond that point without affecting the image quality.

if your image has a larger pixel count then you CAN convert it down and if the dimensions correspond with the width and height of your final target no problem. if they do NOT fit the final size then what you will have to do is create a new file the size you want and paste the image into it and size it to the best fit.

if you can contact me through this site by email i can help you out a little more if you need it.

OK. Let me try it again!

The width we have flexibility on but the height is tied to the coding and I am not smart enough (used to be but its been a long time since I was in the skeletons of this coding) to get the graphics to show up right (it basically just flows past the orange and doesn't fit properly.