Mark Sanchez

AZ54

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014rumors.php

3/23: The Rams, Bears, Seahawks and Browns are possible landing spots for Mark Sanchez, per Rich Cimini, ESPN New York.

We've rehabbed one QB so far why not another? I'm not a big fan of Sanchez mostly because I don't think he has it mentally. Not so much playing smarts, although that needs work as well, but moreso on the ability to handle the pressure that comes with the job. Maybe a backup role is where he can succeed but he does not have the headstrong character traits Josh McCown displayed while he was here on several short term contracts.

I think his lack of humility would be a detriment. But, maybe that has changed.

I think I'd rather spend the money on D, but I'm not opposed. Bottom line...if Trestman thinks he can be the guy, then I'm fine with it.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014rumors.php

3/23: The Rams, Bears, Seahawks and Browns are possible landing spots for Mark Sanchez, per Rich Cimini, ESPN New York.

We've rehabbed one QB so far why not another? I'm not a big fan of Sanchez mostly because I don't think he has it mentally. Not so much playing smarts, although that needs work as well, but moreso on the ability to handle the pressure that comes with the job. Maybe a backup role is where he can succeed but he does not have the headstrong character traits Josh McCown displayed while he was here on several short term contracts.

I think his lack of humility would be a detriment. But, maybe that has changed.

I think I'd rather spend the money on D, but I'm not opposed. Bottom line...if Trestman thinks he can be the guy, then I'm fine with it.

Another thing to consider our QB coach was with him from 2009 until 2011 in NY. Maybe have a connect that would bring him here on a song and let Trestman do his magic, lets say 2 year deal 2 mil. Then he can improve and get a McCown contract.

two words….. butt fumble

But seriously I've never been a fan of Sanchez and he has shown a lack of smarts or mental toughness. Could partly be from playing in the NFL's Purgatory that is the NY Jets where he's not exactly surrounded with exhibitions of greatness on a team perpetually mired in mediocrity. But given our loss of McCown to Tampa, and our only backup being Jordan Palmer, for the right price it couldn't hurt to bring him in and see if he can be a capable backup. Perhaps the QB whisperer can help bring out the best in him. He may still be convinced in his mind that he should be a starter.

I think he'd be a good signing to be honest. He's never really been surrounded by the talent he'd have here. I think if you paired him with Marshall/AJ/Bennett vs guys like Santonio Holmes and Jericho Cotchery he'd be an above average backup.

I know the 2009/2010 Jets were built on D, but you gotta like the fact that he got them 4 post season wins in those 2 years. He had a 94.3 passer rating over those 6 games in the playoffs.

I thought I seen Orton is or soon will be available. Another name to consider...

He's actually contemplating retirement. Still on a 1 year deal with Dallas, haven't read about them releasing him, just retirement talks.

Grossman, David Garrard, Kevin Kolb, Colt McCoy, Matt Flynn, and Josh Freeman are all intriguing options.

Then there's of course McCown who's still out there.

He's actually contemplating retirement. Still on a 1 year deal with Dallas, haven't read about them releasing him, just retirement talks.

Grossman, David Garrard, Kevin Kolb, Colt McCoy, Matt Flynn, and Josh Freeman are all intriguing options.

Then there's of course McCown who's still out there.

We need to remember Josh McCown wasnt anything special until last year, so the system and Trestman had something to do with it. We can find another one to take his place.

We need to remember Josh McCown wasnt anything special until last year, so the system and Trestman had something to do with it. We can find another one to take his place.

True about McCown. And we won't consider Sanchez. We want a guy like McCown. He was humble, understood his role, and happy to work his ass off to remain in the league.

Sanchez still wants to be a #1. Which means we don't want Sanchez and he doesn't want us. We are talking about Sanchez because some reporter identified that we lost our #2 and may need a replacement.

True about McCown. And we won't consider Sanchez. We want a guy like McCown. He was humble, understood his role, and happy to work his ass off to remain in the league.

Sanchez still wants to be a #1. Which means we don't want Sanchez and he doesn't want us. We are talking about Sanchez because some reporter identified that we lost our #2 and may need a replacement.

Im sure almost any QB in league always thinks he should be a #1 until the reality hits that their not as good as they think they are. One reason they brought up Sanchez and us is Matt Cavaugh(spelled that wrong) was his QB coach from 2007 until 2011. A connection.

Agreed. That's why there was such a discussion about whether to keep/extend Cutler. Let's analyze that...

Chicago fans were actually debating whether or not the Bears should keep their franchise, pro-bowl QB instead of a journeyman scrub who caught lightning in a bottle with Trestman's offense. Money was obviously paramount in this debate, but it's pretty telling of the offensive production that McCown not only elicits that discussion, but parlays it into a starting gig on another team.

I'd prefer a cheap stop-gap at backup QB, just in case (when) Cutler gets hurt. And support that with a mid-round rookie who Trestman can mold.

Agreed. That's why there was such a discussion about whether to keep/extend Cutler. Let's analyze that...

Chicago fans were actually debating whether or not the Bears should keep their franchise, pro-bowl QB instead of a journeyman scrub who caught lightning in a bottle with Trestman's offense. Money was obviously paramount in this debate, but it's pretty telling of the offensive production that McCown not only elicits that discussion, but parlays it into a starting gig on another team.

I'd prefer a cheap stop-gap at backup QB, just in case (when) Cutler gets hurt. And support that with a mid-round rookie who Trestman can mold.

Yet the brass threw the bank at Cutler and threw McCown to the curb. Tells me they know it's just not the system. McCown just finally played in a system that highlighted his talents. Let alone it was the best talent he ever played with...

Yet the brass threw the bank at Cutler and threw McCown to the curb. Tells me they know it's just not the system. McCown just finally played in a system that highlighted his talents. Let alone it was the best talent he ever played with...

That's a good point. From the outside, it looks like the system can turn an average Joe into a productive QB. Maybe the coaches realize it was a fluke? Maybe they realize, like you said, it just highlighted what McCown does well?