New Mock

Guest TerraTor

1: Trade Down Kyle Fuller - CB

2: Kelcey Quarles - DT

3: Dion Bailey - S

3: Max Bullough - ILB

4: Bryan Stork - C

5: Jerick McKinnin - RB

If they traded down, I dont see any extra picks and we have two 6th round picks this year. I also would have no problem if we ended up getting C.J. Mosely. I think he will be a stud.

This is my mock post the Allen signing.

Visit My Website

DT, MLB, C, TE, SS, CB, FS.

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

FLORIDA STATE

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ

IOWA

S HAKEEM SMITH

LOUISVILLE

CB DONTAE JOHNSON

NORTH CAROLINA STATE

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

Mine:

1) Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt - Really like Donald and don't really like many other DT prospects. Completes the transformation of the Bears' line.

**trade down in 2nd, pick up a 3rd**

2) Deone Buccannon, S, Washington State - Has the smarts and size to push to start immediately

3) Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss - Seems crazy, I know. Part of it is that I love Moncrief, who looks like Alshon 2.0 and isnt' getting nearly the attention he should. But I'd like some insurance behind Wilson and Hixon in case there's an injury to the WR corps.

4a) Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia - Not much depth behind Bennett and Lynch's blocking can be a real asset.

4b) Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State - Wish he was bigger, but good cover skills to press for PT.

5) Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State - Time to start planning for life after Garza

6a) De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon - I just want to see what Trestman could do with him in the backfield, in the slot, wildcat, whatever.

6b) Jonathan Brown, LB, Illinois - After spending two relatively high picks on LB last year, I'd like to see how they progress before spending another high pick on a LB, but Brown is a nice versatile LB to have on the roster.

This is my mock post the Allen signing.

Visit My Website

DT, MLB, C, TE, SS, CB, FS.

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

FLORIDA STATE

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ

IOWA

S HAKEEM SMITH

LOUISVILLE

CB DONTAE JOHNSON

NORTH CAROLINA STATE

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

I like your names but think we need to grab a S higher to get a starter, dont think a 4th or 6th will end up starting and we need the upgrade.Baily was there when you took Swanson and I would have did that. I think he is underrated.

Mine:

1) Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt - Really like Donald and don't really like many other DT prospects. Completes the transformation of the Bears' line.

**trade down in 2nd, pick up a 3rd**

2) Deone Buccannon, S, Washington State - Has the smarts and size to push to start immediately

3) Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss - Seems crazy, I know. Part of it is that I love Moncrief, who looks like Alshon 2.0 and isnt' getting nearly the attention he should. But I'd like some insurance behind Wilson and Hixon in case there's an injury to the WR corps.

4a) Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia - Not much depth behind Bennett and Lynch's blocking can be a real asset.

4b) Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State - Wish he was bigger, but good cover skills to press for PT.

5) Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State - Time to start planning for life after Garza

6a) De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon - I just want to see what Trestman could do with him in the backfield, in the slot, wildcat, whatever.

6b) Jonathan Brown, LB, Illinois - After spending two relatively high picks on LB last year, I'd like to see how they progress before spending another high pick on a LB, but Brown is a nice versatile LB to have on the roster.

I agree we need to add a WR but not that high. The first two are a must, but Thomas can be a backup RB and also play a slot WR so I think he can fill two roles.

I agree we need to add a WR but not that high. The first two are a must, but Thomas can be a backup RB and also play a slot WR so I think he can fill two roles.

Here is my shot at a post FAgency draft.

I did the Fanspeak thing but injected a trade.

we trade down with SF our first for an extra 2nd,3rd and 7th.

1st-Calvin Pryor/FS- because we need to upgrade the position.

2nd a-Stephen Tuitt/DT-DE- big and versatile in Emery's wheelhouse

2nd b-Stanley Jean-Baptiste/CB- a big CB to develop

3rd a- Christan Jones/MLB- good valve here in a need position

3rd b-Jimmy Garoppolo/QB- good prospect

4th- C.J. Fiedorowicz/TE- we add a backup for two TE sets

5th-DE'Anthony Thomas/RB- speed to a backup RB and a slot WR

6th-Russle Bodine.OC- someone to groom for Garza job

6ht-Marques Huff/-S- speed and productive player

7th-Ricardo Allen/CB- added depth

I sure would like racking up all them picks.

I've been doing some more reading up on Pryors cover skills and I'm coming around on him playing centerfield, which is what we'd need him to be. If it doesn't work out then maybe Huff can be that guy and Pryor becomes that Cam Chancelor type SS. That said, for what we need, I think I'd rather grab a guy like Ed Reynolds or Terrance Brooks.

I'd probably add a tackle in there at some point though. Britton might be brought back, but they still need a replacement for Scott as well. I can't really argue grabbing an OC, no one really knows what to think about Boggs, but I think I'd probably swap Bodine for a OT.

I like DAT but at his size I really think he's more of a #3 gadget type RB. If Forte goes down DAT isn't a guy you wanna rely on for 20+ carries a game....I still think Andre Brown makes a lot of sense in FA, but if we go to the draft a guy I really like is Marion Grice. He'll be taken around the 5-6 round.

I of course have been a supporter of Bostic, but with all these picks I can't hate on taking one.

Overall I like it though.

I sure would like racking up all them picks.

I've been doing some more reading up on Pryors cover skills and I'm coming around on him playing centerfield, which is what we'd need him to be. If it doesn't work out then maybe Huff can be that guy and Pryor becomes that Cam Chancelor type SS. That said, for what we need, I think I'd rather grab a guy like Ed Reynolds or Terrance Brooks.

I'd probably add a tackle in there at some point though. Britton might be brought back, but they still need a replacement for Scott as well. I can't really argue grabbing an OC, no one really knows what to think about Boggs, but I think I'd probably swap Bodine for a OT.

I like DAT but at his size I really think he's more of a #3 gadget type RB. If Forte goes down DAT isn't a guy you wanna rely on for 20+ carries a game....I still think Andre Brown makes a lot of sense in FA, but if we go to the draft a guy I really like is Marion Grice. He'll be taken around the 5-6 round.

I of course have been a supporter of Bostic, but with all these picks I can't hate on taking one.

Overall I like it though.

I think Ford is going to be a surprise as a backup this year and just added a 3rd backup for gadget plays. I think Thomas could also line up as a slot WR in some formations.

Guest TerraTor

Love it.... Honestly, we need an instant starter at S, 10 years of trash is plain ridiculous

I like your names but think we need to grab a S higher to get a starter, dont think a 4th or 6th will end up starting and we need the upgrade.Baily was there when you took Swanson and I would have did that. I think he is underrated.

Too me if the BEars go DT in the 1st than they should wait a few rounds to get secondary help as these positions are not so deep to expect these players to be contributors day one which is why I took the players in the order that I did.

If the Bears get Donald than the DL rotation will be very strong and make the secondary much better just by the improved run and pass rush that should be generated from this new group. I was looking at the top 4 rounds of the draft for possible rookie starters / impact players at positions of needs and took the BPA approach.

I did considered Baily but there is concern that he may project to a SS in the NFL and ultimately could not take him over Swanson whom I think was the best choice and highest rated player at a position of need. Additionally, I was confident that I could get Dowling, who has a 3rd round grade on some websites, is a true FS prospect that was a redshirt JR and transferred from Florida to W. Kentucky, who also has more size 6'3 and speed than Bailey later in the draft. Now I 'm no expert but I really like Dowling's Bio and if it is accurate and translate to the pro game he could be a nice addition for the Bears.

Too me if the BEars go DT in the 1st than they should wait a few rounds to get secondary help as these positions are not so deep to expect these players to be contributors day one which is why I took the players in the order that I did.

If the Bears get Donald than the DL rotation will be very strong and make the secondary much better just by the improved run and pass rush that should be generated from this new group. I was looking at the top 4 rounds of the draft for possible rookie starters / impact players at positions of needs and took the BPA approach.

I did considered Baily but there is concern that he may project to a SS in the NFL and ultimately could not take him over Swanson whom I think was the best choice and highest rated player at a position of need. Additionally, I was confident that I could get Dowling, who has a 3rd round grade on some websites, is a true FS prospect that was a redshirt JR and transferred from Florida to W. Kentucky, who also has more size 6'3 and speed than Bailey later in the draft. Now I 'm no expert but I really like Dowling's Bio and if it is accurate and translate to the pro game he could be a nice addition for the Bears.

I hate to bring this up , but I think Conte might get some of his swagger back this year. He played well enough in 2012 to say he was an up and comer but so bad in 2013 we forgot about the year before. i agree with a better front 7 the back will look better, but I think S is a must for a potential starter. It was that bad last year.

I hate to bring this up , but I think Conte might get some of his swagger back this year. He played well enough in 2012 to say he was an up and comer but so bad in 2013 we forgot about the year before. i agree with a better front 7 the back will look better, but I think S is a must for a potential starter. It was that bad last year.

I hope you are right. He got better, still a little dumbfounded as to why he took such a step backwards.... Hopefully with an improved front line he can get back on track.

If DT isn't there and they don't want a CB, then trade down and take a safety (or one of the lesser DT's).

That's what I'm thinking as well. Emery touched on the depth at CB and made the comments about Conte, so that leads me to believe it's DT or trade down....Right now Jernigan is being talked about as a late 1st/early 2nd, so it could really be Donald or trade down.

Guest TerraTor

Best D player(not DE) available at #14 if we can't pick up a late 2nd or 3rd.

I'm not a fan of DDonald or Jernigan honestly. It's a huge need, but I'd go with a bigger dude

Best D player(not DE) available at #14 if we can't pick up a late 2nd or 3rd.

I'm not a fan of DDonald or Jernigan honestly. It's a huge need, but I'd go with a bigger dude

I thought you actually liked Jernigan? Or at least did like him?

I'm shocked(not really) you don't like Donald. Dude is the most legit DT in the draft, a future pro bowler.

For some reason I can't start a new thread so I'll post it here.....

Kiper has a new mock draft up, any insiders care to share? If you're feelin frisky, perhaps throw up notable picks(like DT/S/CBs) made after our pick so we can change it up a bit.

New thread would be cool if you can, not sure why I can't right now.

Here is how my multiple trade down draft went: http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/sharedraft....DNKwiG_oQ.gmail

DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN

MINNESOTA

S DEONE BUCANNON

WASHINGTON STATE

DT KELCY QUARLES

SOUTH CAROLINA

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

CB PHILLIP GAINES

RICE

ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD

UCONN

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

ILB JORDAN ZUMWALT

UCLA

WR T.J. JONES

NOTRE DAME

TE MARCEL JENSEN

FRESNO STATE

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

RB ALFRED BLUE

LSU

Here is how my multiple trade down draft went: http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/sharedraft....DNKwiG_oQ.gmail

DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN

MINNESOTA

S DEONE BUCANNON

WASHINGTON STATE

DT KELCY QUARLES

SOUTH CAROLINA

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

CB PHILLIP GAINES

RICE

ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD

UCONN

DE KAREEM MARTIN

NORTH CAROLINA

ILB JORDAN ZUMWALT

UCLA

WR T.J. JONES

NOTRE DAME

TE MARCEL JENSEN

FRESNO STATE

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

S JONATHAN DOWLING

WESTERN KENTUCKY

RB ALFRED BLUE

LSU

I like your names but think somewhere in there you could have went with a better RB prospect.