Let's get ridiculous for a moment

jason

I get that he's a speed guy, which is something different, but IMO this would be no different than drafting a TE early. In a WCO that's all about "nickle and diming" teams to set up the deep pass I just don't think top notch speed is an element that is needed for the offense to really take off. It's not a no no though, and I wouldn't hate it at all.

The traditionalists won't like the whole gang affiliation thing either. He can obviously have a Marshall like resurrection though.

I'd rather spend the money on Chris Clemons.

His acquisition would make this one of the top 3 offenses of the SB and FA era. 3 legitimate #1 WR's, Pro Bowl level RB, top flight TE and an improving Offensive Line. Cutler would have to be released if he didn't pass for 4,500 yards and 40 TDs.

His return ability makes it intriguing, but Carolina seems like the logical landing spot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...desean-jackson/

The potential gang ties could be a concern...

But this is fantasy-land talk anyway...

Suppose the Bears used the rest of their available cap, not including the portion allotted for rookies, to sign Desean Jackson. How would you feel about this move?

Right now it seems like the group they have is a team first group. Everyone seems to be buying in, pics on the net with all of them training together. Desean doesn't not seem like a team first guy. More of a ME guy.

He is a talent but would he be a distractions? Maybe he learned some humility by being cut, maybe BM could teach him a something.

Well said. I think I now change my mind on my Madden GM thought of bringing him in.

Right now it seems like the group they have is a team first group. Everyone seems to be buying in, pics on the net with all of them training together. Desean doesn't not seem like a team first guy. More of a ME guy.

He is a talent but would he be a distractions? Maybe he learned some humility by being cut, maybe BM could teach him a something.

Suppose the Bears used the rest of their available cap, not including the portion allotted for rookies, to sign Desean Jackson. How would you feel about this move?

Also read that he was due 10 mil this year and wanted to redo his contract already. Who knows how much he thinks he is worth.

Agreed. I still think Steve Smith would have been the better "#3 option" if they were going to go the FA route.

I get that he's a speed guy, which is something different, but IMO this would be no different than drafting a TE early. In a WCO that's all about "nickle and diming" teams to set up the deep pass I just don't think top notch speed is an element that is needed for the offense to really take off. It's not a no no though, and I wouldn't hate it at all.

The traditionalists won't like the whole gang affiliation thing either. He can obviously have a Marshall like resurrection though.

I'd rather spend the money on Chris Clemons.

In a Trestman offense I guarantee you they would design plays for him. Trestman uses the talent he has and is not defined by a specific system. Give him players and he will make it work.

In a Trestman offense I guarantee you they would design plays for him. Trestman uses the talent he has and is not defined by a specific system. Give him players and he will make it work.

I'm sure he would if for whatever reason they signed him. I'm just saying I don't think they need a speed element for his offense to thrive, thus I wouldn't spend the 10 mill or whatever he wants to come here.

If they wanna blow the rest of their load on one player it should be Chris Clemons......Or perhaps more preferably spend it wisely on a few guys like Andre Brown, Rex Grossman, and Eben Britton.

If they want a burner I'd rather sign Jacoby Ford or Darrius Heyward-Bey who give you the same speed and will come MUCH cheaper.

I have never had a problem with taking wide receivers with some issues. I always was in on the Ocho / Moss / Owens stuff. However, with Desean, I'd make damn sure i've done my homework. A guy like that with serious gang ties could cause some major issues and I wouldn't want my young players associated with him. However, if it is all being blown out of proportion then that is fine.