Tis that time of the season

Stinger226

Another meeting?? That would be his 2nd.

WF has these guys listed as guys we met with already.

Walt Aikens, DB, Liberty (PRI)

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (SR)

Xavius Boyd, LB, Western Kentucky (INT)

Deone Bucannon, DB, Washington State (PRI)

Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh (COM)

Marqueston Huff, DB, Wyoming (PRO)

Gabe Ikard, OL, Oklahoma (COM)

Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois (COM)

Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama (PRO)

To do a little overreacting to the QBs we've looked at and also throwing in the fact we brought back Jerrod Johnson, it looks like Trestman likes his "scrambling" QBs. Could be yet another reason why they chose Cutler over McCown.

I view Lynch as a UDFA candidate. I really don't think he'll ever be a good NFL QB simply because I don't think he has enough arm to make it in the NFL. I love how he plays the game. He doesn't have enough size or speed to make me think he can convert to another position. For that matter, he doesn't have that much size for the QB position. He said he did some RB workouts at the combine and at his Pro Day he did some DB workouts. Is he being looked at as a SS? H-back? RB?

Another meeting?? That would be his 2nd.

WF has these guys listed as guys we met with already.

Walt Aikens, DB, Liberty (PRI)

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (SR)

Xavius Boyd, LB, Western Kentucky (INT)

Deone Bucannon, DB, Washington State (PRI)

Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh (COM)

Marqueston Huff, DB, Wyoming (PRO)

Gabe Ikard, OL, Oklahoma (COM)

Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois (COM)

Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama (PRO)

To do a little overreacting to the QBs we've looked at and also throwing in the fact we brought back Jerrod Johnson, it looks like Trestman likes his "scrambling" QBs. Could be yet another reason why they chose Cutler over McCown.

He will be brought in for a workout at Halas Hall.

Does anybody remember if the players we brought in last year were any we actually drafted?

Worth noting that the Bears tend to bring in local(ish) players on visits because I think it doesn't count toward whatever limits there are on the number of prospect visits a team can have- maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but I think that's right. I can't remember any who were drafted since Garrett Wolfe.

Me thinks Jordan Lynch should be viewed as a Michael Robinson or Brad Smith type. Special teams,H-back and possible Wildcat QB in some goal line read option packages.

I would think that's about right. If he was faster, he could maybe be a RB,S but his speed isnt great.4.74

Agreed but you don't have to be fast to help move the chains and this guy has a strong drive.

Seen Lynch on espn with Gruden. Gruden was telling Lynch that he doesn't know why the NFL hasn't caught on yet with the Tebows and Lynchs yet. They are winners and find a way to win is one thing he said. He thinks the NFL is going that way and someday a team will put an offense together for this type of player.

Seen Lynch on espn with Gruden. Gruden was telling Lynch that he doesn't know why the NFL hasn't caught on yet with the Tebows and Lynchs yet. They are winners and find a way to win is one thing he said. He thinks the NFL is going that way and someday a team will put an offense together for this type of player.

Maybe because speed is everywhere in the NFL and if you can't consistently threaten a defense beyond 20 yards with accurate passing and receiving life is very difficult. I think we've seen enough of that in Chicago to know it's true.

Maybe because speed is everywhere in the NFL and if you can't consistently threaten a defense beyond 20 yards with accurate passing and receiving life is very difficult. I think we've seen enough of that in Chicago to know it's true.

There is a reason speed is so well liked because it separates the average from the plums.There are exceptions to every rule but it matters.

There is a reason speed is so well liked because it separates the average from the plums.There are exceptions to every rule but it matters.

At the same time, there is a reason track stars don't automatically transition into the NFL. Football abilities mean a lot. You get a team full of superstar 40-yd dash warriors and they'll get beat all day by a team full of pretty good athletes who are just damn good football players.

At the same time, there is a reason track stars don't automatically transition into the NFL. Football abilities mean a lot. You get a team full of superstar 40-yd dash warriors and they'll get beat all day by a team full of pretty good athletes who are just damn good football players.

I am referring to football players. You have two with the same traits, one runs a 440 and one runs a 460, who do you think gets the look? When looking at prospects I look at production, football sense, work habits and then athletic traits. I like everything about Lynch, but with a lack of speed it limits what he can do in transferring to other positions in the NFL.

One of those football abilities that matters a lot is accurate passing. I still think Tebow was a very good football player in the category you describe and could have been a good H-back type or perhaps a TE. He was not and is not a good QB.

Jordan Lynch, who is also a very good football player, has followed a similar path through college. He is not fast either but he is quick and may actually play faster than he was timed. At least the videos seem to confirm that IMO. Regardless, Lynch, at just 6 feet tall and 217lbs, does not have the frame Tebow does (at 6' 3" and 240lbs).

I don't know if Lynch is interested in switching positions, and if he is I'm not sure to what. I suppose he could be a FB type because we know he can run out of the backfield plus he is versatile enough to catch passes which he did in games. I just have no clue if he can block. I assume the Bears interest in him is as a UDFA QB and nothing else.

One of those football abilities that matters a lot is accurate passing. I still think Tebow was a very good football player in the category you describe and could have been a good H-back type or perhaps a TE. He was not and is not a good QB.

Jordan Lynch, who is also a very good football player, has followed a similar path through college. He is not fast either but he is quick and may actually play faster than he was timed. At least the videos seem to confirm that IMO. Regardless, Lynch, at just 6 feet tall and 217lbs, does not have the frame Tebow does (at 6' 3" and 240lbs).

I don't know if Lynch is interested in switching positions, and if he is I'm not sure to what. I suppose he could be a FB type because we know he can run out of the backfield plus he is versatile enough to catch passes which he did in games. I just have no clue if he can block. I assume the Bears interest in him is as a UDFA QB and nothing else.

Louis Nix was brought in for a visit.

He will be brought in for a workout at Halas Hall.

Does anybody remember if the players we brought in last year were any we actually drafted?

Damnit. I can't remember the source but I recently read that on average, in the NFL, only 7% of players drafted made an official visit to the team that drafted them.

That sounds about right. I can't remember us drafting any player that visited since Devin Hester. I think D Manning may have also visited that same year.

I'm thinking the Northwestern guys like Wootton would not have counted in that statistic because of their locality.

At least for the last two years, I can't think of a single player we drafted that was publicly on our radar beforehand. Usually the media jumps o the story. Like the team met the player and it was love at first sight . . .

Damnit. I can't remember the source but I recently read that on average, in the NFL, only 7% of players drafted made an official visit to the team that drafted them.

That sounds about right. I can't remember us drafting any player that visited since Devin Hester. I think D Manning may have also visited that same year.

I'm thinking the Northwestern guys like Wootton would not have counted in that statistic because of their locality.

At least for the last two years, I can't think of a single player we drafted that was publicly on our radar beforehand. Usually the media jumps o the story. Like the team met the player and it was love at first sight . . .

It may not guarantee anything but if either puts them on or takes them off of our board on draft day.

Louis Nix was brought in for a visit.

I'm intrigued by him even being considered. I'm "all in" on drafting 2 DTs in the first 4 rounds, I'd like to grab a 3T first but if Donald is gone I would highly consider taking Nix over Hageman(who's probably the 2nd best 3T in the draft).

If they can pair Nix with one of the LSU boys, Sutton, Easley, or Reid(who I really like) in the 3/4R....or hell maybe even Tuitt in the 2nd(though I'd like to see a S here)....I'd be a happy panda.

I am referring to football players. You have two with the same traits, one runs a 440 and one runs a 460, who do you think gets the look? When looking at prospects I look at production, football sense, work habits and then athletic traits. I like everything about Lynch, but with a lack of speed it limits what he can do in transferring to other positions in the NFL.

This goes back to the debate we had on the board about height. Sure, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, if there is a difference and it's speed, then you go with the faster guy. That's obvious. But that's usually not the comparison. Jerry Rice ran a 4.71, and it's an obvious choice to select him over pretty much any other WR in NFL history, many of which were much faster.

I'm intrigued by him even being considered. I'm "all in" on drafting 2 DTs in the first 4 rounds, I'd like to grab a 3T first but if Donald is gone I would highly consider taking Nix over Hageman(who's probably the 2nd best 3T in the draft).

If they can pair Nix with one of the LSU boys, Sutton, Easley, or Reid(who I really like) in the 3/4R....or hell maybe even Tuitt in the 2nd(though I'd like to see a S here)....I'd be a happy panda.

I've seen, and done, lots of mocks where Donald gets picked by the Bears in the first, and Tuitt is available in the second. That would be a definite statement by Emery.