Tis that time of the season

Stinger226

I've seen, and done, lots of mocks where Donald gets picked by the Bears in the first, and Tuitt is available in the second. That would be a definite statement by Emery.

Handling stunts from that Dline: Houston, Izzy, Allen, Donald, Tuitt, Young, would be a challenge. Lots of speed, length, and power.

I'm ok if that talent falls that way and we go that route. I still feel fixing the defense is a two year project. We could go all-in for defense in the draft and abandon backfilling some positions like TE, QB, and RB but I feel we must rely on the offense to win. Do enough to improve the D but also do enough to ensure the offense will always be there each week. A dominant Dline will make all other positions better on defense, we've seen it before. We're still going to add in a CB and S too but we can clean up those positions next year. If we go the balanced approach (CB, DT, S) among first 4 picks then we still have depth issues at DT and LB unless Paea suddenly turns it around.

Pick your poison because we'll have a gap on the depth chart somewhere no matter which way we go. Go the path that gets the best talent.

Handling stunts from that Dline: Houston, Izzy, Allen, Donald, Tuitt, Young, would be a challenge. Lots of speed, length, and power.

I'm ok if that talent falls that way and we go that route. I still feel fixing the defense is a two year project. We could go all-in for defense in the draft and abandon backfilling some positions like TE, QB, and RB but I feel we must rely on the offense to win. Do enough to improve the D but also do enough to ensure the offense will always be there each week. A dominant Dline will make all other positions better on defense, we've seen it before. We're still going to add in a CB and S too but we can clean up those positions next year. If we go the balanced approach (CB, DT, S) among first 4 picks then we still have depth issues at DT and LB unless Paea suddenly turns it around.

Pick your poison because we'll have a gap on the depth chart somewhere no matter which way we go. Go the path that gets the best talent.

Your spot on, it takes two years and go with the BPA and fix the rest of the spots next year.

Your spot on, it takes two years and go with the BPA and fix the rest of the spots next year.

Looking at the 2015 draft class, it looks like it could be a healthy one for CB. I don't see much size over 6'-1", so maybe we take a flyer on one of the bigger ones this year.

1- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon

2- PJ Williams CB FSU

3- Trae Williams CB MSU

4- Jalen Collins CB LSU

5- Alex Carter CB Stanford

Looking at the 2015 draft class, it looks like it could be a healthy one for CB. I don't see much size over 6'-1", so maybe we take a flyer on one of the bigger ones this year.

1- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon

2- PJ Williams CB FSU

3- Trae Williams CB MSU

4- Jalen Collins CB LSU

5- Alex Carter CB Stanford

Here is a current list of visits off of BearGoggles

http://beargoggleson.com/2014/04/19/chicag...20the%20Network

Again I should mention that I'm a ND hater, but still, I'm intrigued a bit by Tommy Rees as a 6R/UDFA. He went to high school with my cousin and he told me I just had to come out and see some of his games. Rees was a straight up monster.

He's got the tools, and I think Trestman might be the guy to put those tools into play.

Wasn't he dicked around a bit at ND?

Again I should mention that I'm a ND hater, but still, I'm intrigued a bit by Tommy Rees as a 6R/UDFA. He went to high school with my cousin and he told me I just had to come out and see some of his games. Rees was a straight up monster.

He's got the tools, and I think Trestman might be the guy to put those tools into play.

Wasn't he dicked around a bit at ND?

Rees was replaced by Everett Golson who was more of a dual threat. Also, Rees threw some costly INTs that the fans didn't forget. But he does hold the completion record at ND. Maybe they are thinking UDFAs, with the QBs they brought in.