Great news

Guest TerraTor

Sounds like PUP and a cut during the season. With all the new changes being implemented during the OTAs and he not being able to participate it will be tough for him stay all year.

He may have an inside scoop. Since he is going to be a FA after this season, he may be having surgury to fix a ding he could've played through, but will be better off with this procedure. Kind of bad timing on his part. If he took care of this in Jan, he'd be almost 100% by now.

Could be...

I think he gone...

He may have an inside scoop. Since he is going to be a FA after this season, he may be having surgury to fix a ding he could've played through, but will be better off with this procedure. Kind of bad timing on his part. If he took care of this in Jan, he'd be almost 100% by now.

You all are jumping to conclusions. First, we don't know why he waited for the surgery. He talks about looking forward to competition, so why would he wait? Second, if he had the procedure in March and he recvovers in 4 months, he could be back for the start of training camp. Third, as bad as his season was, he's still better than Craig Steltz and he's probably better than Jennings or McCray.

Conte has the athletic ability to be successful. Emery and Trestman have repeatedly endorsed him. Everyone forgets that we were happy with him entering the 2013 season. Ultimately, this injury doesn't change anything.

You all are jumping to conclusions. First, we don't know why he waited for the surgery. He talks about looking forward to competition, so why would he wait? Second, if he had the procedure in March and he recvovers in 4 months, he could be back for the start of training camp. Third, as bad as his season was, he's still better than Craig Steltz and he's probably better than Jennings or McCray.

Conte has the athletic ability to be successful. Emery and Trestman have repeatedly endorsed him. Everyone forgets that we were happy with him entering the 2013 season. Ultimately, this injury doesn't change anything.

Yes but I think this last year was telling. He no doubt was not able to close the hole in many a running game and with one on one coverage he lost time and again. And in those memorable one on one matchups he was paired against backs out of the backfield or TEs. A few times for TDs.

On the positive side you're right he does have the athletic ability. He was successful in jumping in front of a few poorly thrown long pass plays and he can most times chase down a WR in the open field. But does that outweigh the other faults? Suppose it'll be dependent on what is in front of him with regards to the front 9.

Yes but I think this last year was telling. He no doubt was not able to close the hole in many a running game and with one on one coverage he lost time and again. And in those memorable one on one matchups he was paired against backs out of the backfield or TEs. A few times for TDs.

On the positive side you're right he does have the athletic ability. He was successful in jumping in front of a few poorly thrown long pass plays and he can most times chase down a WR in the open field. But does that outweigh the other faults? Suppose it'll be dependent on what is in front of him with regards to the front 9.

Good ayalysis Grizzly. The only thing I'd disagree with is his closing the gap in the running game. There were lots of tons the running back got to him going full speed after clearing the first two levels untouched. Most times he ensured the running back didn't get by him for the touchdown. I mention this because I think he's pretty good in run support. But in pass defense, there were tons of times he was inches away from making a big play and stopping a touchdown . . . but he failed.

We've added a lot of guys and I'm sure we'll draft a safety at some point. It'll be interesting.

Good ayalysis Grizzly. The only thing I'd disagree with is his closing the gap in the running game. There were lots of tons the running back got to him going full speed after clearing the first two levels untouched. Most times he ensured the running back didn't get by him for the touchdown. I mention this because I think he's pretty good in run support. But in pass defense, there were tons of times he was inches away from making a big play and stopping a touchdown . . . but he failed.

We've added a lot of guys and I'm sure we'll draft a safety at some point. It'll be interesting.

Spot on.

I'm not a big Conte supporter, but the dude had no chance to succeed last year. I've said in other posts and I'll say it again, "Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed would have failed last year with the front 7 we put out there".

Spot on.

I'm not a big Conte supporter, but the dude had no chance to succeed last year. I've said in other posts and I'll say it again, "Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed would have failed last year with the front 7 we put out there".

This 100%.

Peace :dabears

You all are jumping to conclusions. First, we don't know why he waited for the surgery. He talks about looking forward to competition, so why would he wait? Second, if he had the procedure in March and he recvovers in 4 months, he could be back for the start of training camp. Third, as bad as his season was, he's still better than Craig Steltz and he's probably better than Jennings or McCray. Conte has the athletic ability to be successful. Emery and Trestman have repeatedly endorsed him. Everyone forgets that we were happy with him entering the 2013 season. Ultimately, this injury doesn't change anything.

They will endorse him, since he is still getting paid on his rookie contract regardless. I have no issue with Conte, I think he was exposed to a poor front 7. It was a scenario on my case of maybe he hears ramblings of the Bears going HHCD or Pryor, so he might as well have surgery and be 100%.

Spot on.

I would only say Lott and Reed if they were on that team at their current age last year. Otherwise, in their prime they still would've been impact players on that Defense last year. Conte is league-average at best, but looks a lot worse when the rest of the defense is at or below his level.

Sorry Daventry, but you can blow me

Don't bother replying. When I want comeback from you I'll whipe it off your chin

How about if you PM me your phone number and we can have a chat????

Keep talking internet warrior, and I will make a fool out of you with your imbecilic and childish replies. Your comments are not interesting and illustrate my point entirely.

Fool.

Says the guy thats baiting someone in the middle of a good discussion. I bet my dad could beat up your dad...

Nice one....any more witty comments to share?

Let's just all berate players that we loved a year ago when they struggled as a young player on a defence that was leaking everywhere.....

Let's just all pile on Conte, why not? A young guy who was proud to be a Bear and did his best out on the field.

Let's just all analyse, criticise, and kill him off....Plank would never have lasted through such a world.

When did the good discussion start? Did I miss it?

The title of the thread was shit, and it is hard to get much of a good discussion from shit.

And by the way....I don't let my dad fight my battles youngster.

My invitation to Terra stands to you too, send me your phone number and we can have a chat.

Is that bait enough for you?

Let's Go Crazy!

I really think it is in poor taste to celebrate the injury of one of our players. Conte had a bad year last year, but so did the entire defense. How many times did a running back break through to the 3rd level untouched?

I, for one, am hoping he can turn it around and salvage his career with us. It is better for the Bears if our draft picks are successful.

Peace :dabears

Nice one....any more witty comments to share?

Let's just all berate players that we loved a year ago when they struggled as a young player on a defence that was leaking everywhere.....

Let's just all pile on Conte, why not? A young guy who was proud to be a Bear and did his best out on the field.

Let's just all analyse, criticise, and kill him off....Plank would never have lasted through such a world.

When did the good discussion start? Did I miss it?

The title of the thread was shit, and it is hard to get much of a good discussion from shit.

And by the way....I don't let my dad fight my battles youngster.

My invitation to Terra stands to you too, send me your phone number and we can have a chat.

Is that bait enough for you?

Let's Go Crazy!

His surgery is going to affect things, but is Conte the 2012 player or the 2013 version? I think he isnt as bad as he played last year. I think if he played better that is all better for the Bears. I hope he comes back strong. Petty talk doesnt bother me, we all nit pic at each other.We just need to move on with conflicts. Look at me and SCS are buddies now. Just kidding,but as of now were not fighting.

His surgery is going to affect things, but is Conte the 2012 player or the 2013 version? I think he isnt as bad as he played last year. I think if he played better that is all better for the Bears. I hope he comes back strong. Petty talk doesnt bother me, we all nit pic at each other.We just need to move on with conflicts. Look at me and SCS are buddies now. Just kidding,but as of now were not fighting.

I hear you, I may have been out of line....I feel Conte was part of a bad D last year, and if he had been part of a better overall D I think he would have been at the very least much better. I think he is a hard working kid doing his best, I think we have all piled on him a bit much personally and I like him and hope he makes it. JMO

As a lover of safeties, I just bought a vintage Jack Tatum Raiders shirt! One of the few non-Bears shirts I have ever bought, but had to have a Tatum! I wrote a paper in University on his book, bought a copy of the book too recently. He is a fascinating guy....

I hear you, I may have been out of line....I feel Conte was part of a bad D last year, and if he had been part of a better overall D I think he would have been at the very least much better. I think he is a hard working kid doing his best, I think we have all piled on him a bit much personally and I like him and hope he makes it. JMO

As a lover of safeties, I just bought a vintage Jack Tatum Raiders shirt! One of the few non-Bears shirts I have ever bought, but had to have a Tatum! I wrote a paper in University on his book, bought a copy of the book too recently. He is a fascinating guy....

Probably the pronto type for a safety, fun to watch.