Mark this moment in history

AZ54

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...42-13b5cb17a9e8

In an "Around the League" feature posted this week, NFL.com analyst Chris Wesseling selects the Bears' Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery as the best wide receiver tandem in the NFL.

"A prototypical go-to target on third downs in the red zone, Marshall is among the NFL's top handful of receivers from the past decade," Wesseling writes. "He was outplayed at times last season by Jeffery, who was a big-play machine en route to finishing second among NFL receivers with 1,521 yards from scrimmage."

--------------------------------------------------

The place where receivers go to die has turned around in just 1 season. And to think, it wasn't too long ago when I'd have been happy to have just 1 Pro Bowl WR on our roster.

I'm glad we re-signed Cutler. Certainly the money was more than I expected, or though we'd get to but on the other hand, I've never seen a Bears offense do what we did last year, even with a backup QB for that many games. We deserved a chance to see what can happen with the key Pro Bowl caliber players all coming back for a second year in the same offense. We've seen that continuity on defense throughout Lovie's tenure (minus the Babich experiment) but never on offense.

In fact we signed a Pro Bowl DE and he can't stop talking about how hard it was to stop our offense.

In an "Around the League" feature posted this week, NFL.com analyst Chris Wesseling selects the Bears' Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery as the best wide receiver tandem in the NFL.

"A prototypical go-to target on third downs in the red zone, Marshall is among the NFL's top handful of receivers from the past decade," Wesseling writes. "He was outplayed at times last season by Jeffery, who was a big-play machine en route to finishing second among NFL receivers with 1,521 yards from scrimmage."

The place where receivers go to die has turned around in just 1 season. And to think, it wasn't too long ago when I'd have been happy to have just 1 Pro Bowl WR on our roster.

I'm glad we re-signed Cutler. Certainly the money was more than I expected, or though we'd get to but on the other hand, I've never seen a Bears offense do what we did last year, even with a backup QB for that many games. We deserved a chance to see what can happen with the key Pro Bowl caliber players all coming back for a second year in the same offense. We've seen that continuity on defense throughout Lovie's tenure (minus the Babich experiment) but never on offense.

In fact we signed a Pro Bowl DE and he can't stop talking about how hard it was to stop our offense.

I too am very impressed with the offence...but do not forget the Conway and Graham years, with Kramer at QB...those were some big years for Bears offence and wonderful to watch I have to say.

I would not take any other receivers over the two we have; they are great Bears and have good character as well as play making ability. Good times for Bears fans!

I think the offense will function better in a second year. The only thing that will throw a wrench in that is injuries, but Cutler's injury last year didnt really affect it as much as we thought. I think with Wilson he will have more plays than Bennett contributed last year. With our weapons we have I think it is very important to get a reliable backup to Forte. If he goes down, offense could get derailed. I think the OL will be better promoting more consistency on offense. As much as a better defense makes the offense better we really need to add the RB and another TE and maybe at WR. You figure with a good offense that teams will be playing from behind and with an improve pass rush but could be riding a few loss team, but depth is paramount.

I too am very impressed with the offence...but do not forget the Conway and Graham years, with Kramer at QB...those were some big years for Bears offence and wonderful to watch I have to say.

I would not take any other receivers over the two we have; they are great Bears and have good character as well as play making ability. Good times for Bears fans!

I remember those years but can't remember them making the type of highlight plays we we're treated to last year by Marshall, and moreso Jeffrey. Wilson appears to have gained a significant amount of muscle based on the videos on the team's website. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in training camp.

I remember those years but can't remember them making the type of highlight plays we we're treated to last year by Marshall, and moreso Jeffrey. Wilson appears to have gained a significant amount of muscle based on the videos on the team's website. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in training camp.

I think it is regarded as players make the most improvement from year 1 to 2. It makes sense, they get acclimated to the NFL life and develop their bodies better.