Panic?

AZ54

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors.php

There would be "panic" in the Bears' warm room if Aaron Donald is off the board, according to Todd McShay.

-------------------------------

If this were Jerry Angelo's war room I'd expect a panic move if his targeted player were off the board. We're led by Phil Emery now and Phil plans for all situations. Besides that, we have so many needs there will be several options. If one of the top 3 LTs fell to us and we took him I'd live with that and move Bushrod to RT (likely next year). At #19 you are hoping your guy falls to you. At #14, in this draft, you will have a significant talent on the board when you pick. The other thing is that there are always 2 or 3 WTF moments in the top 13 picks.

What's a warm room?? ;)

I think "Panic" is probably a little exaggerated, but I of course think he is the #1 target....I think HaHa/Pryor/Trade Down/Hageman/Jernigan/Nix should be the order of backup plans after Donald.... I know I've talked about taking Ebron if Donald/HaHa aren't there, but I've kindda backed away from that...I want defense in the first at all costs.

There would be "panic" in the Bears' warm room if Aaron Donald is off the board, according to Todd McShay.

If this were Jerry Angelo's war room I'd expect a panic move if his targeted player were off the board. We're led by Phil Emery now and Phil plans for all situations. Besides that, we have so many needs there will be several options. If one of the top 3 LTs fell to us and we took him I'd live with that and move Bushrod to RT (likely next year). At #19 you are hoping your guy falls to you. At #14, in this draft, you will have a significant talent on the board when you pick. The other thing is that there are always 2 or 3 WTF moments in the top 13 picks.

Thats just his opinion, I think Emery does his board and their is much valve there at 14 whether Donald is there or not. No GM banks there draft on one player.

My hope is that 3x QB's go before we pick. Even if teams trade up to get them. That would leave us most of the following available:

DL: Donald, Jernigan

S: Clinton-Dix, Pryor

CB: Gilbert, Dennard

OL: Lewan

LB: Barr

WR: Evans

TE: Ebron

How would you guys rank these available? I would go Donald, Clinton-Dix, Gilbert as my top 3, and possibly Lewan if he is there.

My hope is that 3x QB's go before we pick. Even if teams trade up to get them. That would leave us most of the following available:

How would you guys rank these available? I would go Donald, Clinton-Dix, Gilbert as my top 3, and possibly Lewan if he is there.

As far as talent goes I'd go Donald, Gilbert, Dix, as far as top 3 in relation to Bears needs I'd go Donald, Dix, Pryor.

I may be the only one, but I prefer we wait till the 3/4 to get our CB. If Donald is gone and Gilbert/Dix are there, even though I think Gilbert is better, I'd take Dix.

As far as talent goes I'd go Donald, Gilbert, Dix, as far as top 3 in relation to Bears needs I'd go Donald, Dix, Pryor.

I may be the only one, but I prefer we wait till the 3/4 to get our CB. If Donald is gone and Gilbert/Dix are there, even though I think Gilbert is better, I'd take Dix.

I prefer Donald but dont discount the fact Mosley may also be in the picture. If Donald was gone I would prefer Pryor over dix.

I prefer Donald but dont discount the fact Mosley may also be in the picture. If Donald was gone I would prefer Pryor over dix.

You wanna talk about durability issues with Donald, well Mosely already actually has those question marks. IF they want a LB in the first, which I would despise, I'd rather go with Shazier. Both guys you can trade down to get.....Mosely isn't on the level of the other guys in Adams post IMO.

You wanna talk about durability issues with Donald, well Mosely already actually has those question marks. IF they want a LB in the first, which I would despise, I'd rather go with Shazier. Both guys you can trade down to get.....Mosely isn't on the level of the other guys in Adams post IMO.

Your right thats YOUR opinion, it doesnt mean anymore than anyone else on here. I am just saying names that I think Emery is considering, as I said before I think we end up trading back and then if you took Mosely as 30 that would be considered great valve. MLB is just as big a need as DT or Safety, there are less bodies there if DJ gets hurt. As least if we had to play today there are more bodies in place at the other positions. And I am not saying we are going to great at those positions.With Houston and IZZy playing at some DT snaps we would be covered at the position. When Conte comes back we have the lousy Stelth and Jennings to fill in if Conte sucks again. I think Mundy is the starting SS and does well.

Your right thats YOUR opinion, it doesnt mean anymore than anyone else on here. I am just saying names that I think Emery is considering, as I said before I think we end up trading back and then if you took Mosely as 30 that would be considered great valve. MLB is just as big a need as DT or Safety, there are less bodies there if DJ gets hurt. As least if we had to play today there are more bodies in place at the other positions. And I am not saying we are going to great at those positions.With Houston and IZZy playing at some DT snaps we would be covered at the position. When Conte comes back we have the lousy Stelth and Jennings to fill in if Conte sucks again. I think Mundy is the starting SS and does well.

I'm not saying my opinion holds more weight than anyone elses here, no need to get heated here.

If you think DJ was brought back to be the starter, which you have said in the past, then they shouldn't take a backup in the first. Phil has also never locked Bostic into OLB for this year.

I'm not saying my opinion holds more weight than anyone elses here, no need to get heated here.

If you think DJ was brought back to be the starter, which you have said in the past, then they shouldn't take a backup in the first. PhiI has also never locked Bostic into OLB for this year.

I wouldn't rule out Bostic or McClellin as MLB yet either. They will try them out and see how they go. As for CB, I think with Tillman/Jennings in the fold, we can wait. CB is deep this year and I think we can get Aikens in towards the 5th. We definateltly need DT/S, if the top two are gone then I'd understand a CB.

At #14, one of those 3 will be there.

If you think DJ was brought back to be the starter, which you have said in the past, then they shouldn't take a backup in the first. Phil has also never locked Bostic into OLB for this year.

If they draft a 1st round LBer he wont be the backup .Ratliff was brought back to be a starter too, but that doesnt exclude them from drafting a DT. Bostic was drafted to be Briggs replacement, he will only see MLB again if we have a rash of injuries.

I think it would be ridiculous to be looking for linebackers this year when we just drafted two studs last year; way too early to give up on them. Maybe later on in the draft if there is a bargain, but I think Bostic and Green have huge potential.

In the draft, we obviously have to focus on the D, and Donald seems to be the guy for us IMO. It it is not him, then I am sure there are some other big tackles that will kick some ass for us.

I guess a safety would be nice, but I am not convinced at all that Conte sucks. The D was in meltdown last year, and Conte was a young guy who was caught in that mess. He hits a ton and is smart.

And, risking the wrath of all, I like Steltz too. He also brings the wood and I think could be a good SS if given a chance.

I think it would be ridiculous to be looking for linebackers this year when we just drafted two studs last year; way too early to give up on them. Maybe later on in the draft if there is a bargain, but I think Bostic and Green have huge potential.

In the draft, we obviously have to focus on the D, and Donald seems to be the guy for us IMO. It it is not him, then I am sure there are some other big tackles that will kick some ass for us.

I guess a safety would be nice, but I am not convinced at all that Conte sucks. The D was in meltdown last year, and Conte was a young guy who was caught in that mess. He hits a ton and is smart.

And, risking the wrath of all, I like Steltz too. He also brings the wood and I think could be a good SS if given a chance.

This all got started with the availability of our potential draft able players.I am not pining for a LB was just stating the possibility of us drafting one.D.J. is a one and done player at his age. I think Bostic is the heir apparent of Briggs and Greene is not considered a MLB. I suggest the need still for a MLB and think it is could be in this draft. If we trade back and I think we will,then Mosely becomes more of a valve at a late first round pick. I want Donald, but with all his hoopla he could be gone as well as HaHa, two players most fitted in our slot.

This all got started with the availability of our potential draft able players.I am not pining for a LB was just stating the possibility of us drafting one.D.J. is a one and done player at his age. I think Bostic is the heir apparent of Briggs and Greene is not considered a MLB. I suggest the need still for a MLB and think it is could be in this draft. If we trade back and I think we will,then Mosely becomes more of a valve at a late first round pick. I want Donald, but with all his hoopla he could be gone as well as HaHa, two players most fitted in our slot.

Makes sense, I think you know more than I of the draft options so would not disagree.....

Donald, Gilbert, then probably Dennard.

I'm not that sold on Dix. Pryor reminds me of Bob Sanders, maybe a little bigger physique, and seeing how he hits he'll probably have a similar career: Many violent highlights that shorten his career. Not that I'm against safeties that play that way but he leads with his head a lot and that won't fly in this league.

Getting one CB who can handle one side of the field is a huge plus. I think either of those CBs can develop into that player for us.

If they draft a 1st round LBer he wont be the backup .Ratliff was brought back to be a starter too, but that doesnt exclude them from drafting a DT. Bostic was drafted to be Briggs replacement, he will only see MLB again if we have a rash of injuries.

Even if that is the case, which it very well could be, there are 2 DTs on a team.

I HIGHLY doubt he was drafted to be a starter 3 years down the line, that doesn't make a lick a sense.You're wayyyyyy underestimating Bostic, no way the should give up on a 2R pick after a year.

Even if that is the case, which it very well could be, there are 2 DTs on a team.

I HIGHLY doubt he was drafted to be a starter 3 years down the line, that doesn't make a lick a sense.You're wayyyyyy underestimating Bostic, no way the should give up on a 2R pick after a year.

How is plugging him in to Briggs spot giving up on him? Since he was drafted, he was stated to be his best position at WLB.I think Bostic is going to be a good player, just dont think it will be at MLB. Our difference is where we see him playing. Another year one of us will be saying(I told you so) and suspect that will be me.

How is plugging him in to Briggs spot giving up on him? Since he was drafted, he was stated to be his best position at WLB.I think Bostic is going to be a good player, just dont think it will be at MLB. Our difference is where we see him playing. Another year one of us will be saying(I told you so) and suspect that will be me.

Well do you see him starting at SLB at least next year if you're drafting a MLB? Or are you just straightup benching him a year after drafting him in the 2R? Playing at Sam takes him off the field in the nickle package which takes away what was his greatest feature last year and that's his cover skills.

Well do you see him starting at SLB at least next year if you're drafting a MLB? Or are you just straightup benching him a year after drafting him in the 2R? Playing at Sam takes him off the field in the nickle package which takes away what was his greatest feature last year and that's his cover skills.

To be honest I think as I have mentioned before with Briggs, not fully recovered from his should injury, playing bad and he gets inserted in the WLB spot after a few games and stays there for 7 years.

That's funny. Every year McShay and guys like that swear a team is in love with a player, even thinking about trading up. Then the player is available and the team passes. I could easily see us taking Stephon Tuitt at #14. Stranger things have happened.

That's funny. Every year McShay and guys like that swear a team is in love with a player, even thinking about trading up. Then the player is available and the team passes. I could easily see us taking Stephon Tuitt at #14. Stranger things have happened.

I agree with you that possibility exists, he is the type of player Emery may surprise us with.

If Donald is still on the board and they take Tuitt I'll be a little upset. Tuitt does offer some upside but Donalds upside is that of an all pro/pro bowl level DT. If Donald is gone I wouldn't hate to see them take Tuitt over HaHa/Pryor/Hageman/Jernigan/Nix.

If Donald is still on the board and they take Tuitt I'll be a little upset. Tuitt does offer some upside but Donalds upside is that of an all pro/pro bowl level DT. If Donald is gone I wouldn't hate to see them take Tuitt over HaHa/Pryor/Hageman/Jernigan/Nix.

Similarly, if Donald is off the board, and HaHa or Jernigan are on the board, I will be upset if they take Pryor, Hageman, or Nix.