Panic?

AZ54

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors.php

There would be "panic" in the Bears' warm room if Aaron Donald is off the board, according to Todd McShay.

-------------------------------

If this were Jerry Angelo's war room I'd expect a panic move if his targeted player were off the board. We're led by Phil Emery now and Phil plans for all situations. Besides that, we have so many needs there will be several options. If one of the top 3 LTs fell to us and we took him I'd live with that and move Bushrod to RT (likely next year). At #19 you are hoping your guy falls to you. At #14, in this draft, you will have a significant talent on the board when you pick. The other thing is that there are always 2 or 3 WTF moments in the top 13 picks.

Sitting at 14 Emery will have 3 or 4 guys he would love to pick, maybe Donald is his favorite maybe not. There cant be one GM that would be in Panic mode if one player is off the board by their pick. Every draft has crazy things happen, you cant predict anything. Emery would be a fool to only target one guy and be in panic mode if that one guys is already taken. All it would mean is he agreed with whatever team took him before it got to his draft spot.

Also the draft is graded by the entire draft not just the first round. If Emerys favorite guy is not there then Im sure he has a back up plan on who to take at the 14 and who to take later to fill all the needs.

Look at the first draft, Takes Long, I want Alshon at that spot. Whats he do, trades up in the 2nd to make sure he got Alshon. If there is a guy he wants he make it happen if it doesnt cost the team too much.