DBM vs Emery

Stinger226

The first link is what I would do if I were in command of our draft choices. This was with the Fanspeak draft site

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=tilnzn

I addressed our defensive needs first and then random players I think contribute to our team.

This group is how I see it playing out for Emery. I think Emery will trade down and this is how it played out.

Traded with SF for our 1st, we got the 30th pick, 2nd,3rd and a 7th

1st-Pryor/FS- he was still there and was 2nd rated S

2nd-a-Quarles/DT-he has been linked to our teams draft

2nd-b-Trutt/DE/DT- he was still sitting there and was considered with the first round pick

3rd-a-Hyde/RB- with the extra picks start adding some offensive players

3rd-b-McGill/CB-a big CB being able to sit and learn his first year

4th-Martin/OC- we find Garzas replacement when he retires

5th-Savage/QB-a big QB Trestman can work with

6th-a-Morris/MLB-a productive player than can contribute on ST right away

6th-b-Lyerla/TE- a troubled player with great assests

7th-Janis/WR- a productive speed guy

The first link is what I would do if I were in command of our draft choices. This was with the Fanspeak draft site

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=tilnzn

I addressed our defensive needs first and this random players I think contribute to our team.

This group is how I see it playing out for Emery. I think Emery will trade down and this is how it played out.

Traded with SF for our 1st, we got the 30th pick, 2nd,3rd and a 7th

1st-Pryor/FS- he was still there and was 2nd rated S

2nd-a-Quarles/DT-he has been linked to our teams draft

2nd-b-Trutt/DE/DT- he was still sitting there and was considered with the first round pick

3rd-a-Hyde/RB- with the extra picks start adding some offensive players

3rd-b-McGill/CB-a big CB being able to sit and learn his first year

4th-Martin/OC- we find Garzas replacement when he retires

5th-Savage/QB-a big QB Trestman can work with

6th-a-Morris/MLB-a productive player than can contribute on ST right away

6th-b-Lyerla/TE- a troubled player with great assests

7th-Janis/WR- a productive speed guy

We'd have one heck of a Dline and with Pryor patrolling the box running against us would be hard to do. Passing for that matter with our DEs and both of those Dlinemen can get after the QB too.

Adding Hyde in the 3rd (doubt he'll be there) would be awesome. Quick feet, power, and can catch too. Should be able to pass protect with his size. Would give Trestman two guys he could rely on for 40 carries in a game if he ever wanted to, and most importantly a solid backup RB. That combo along with our big WRs blocking on the edge would wear down DBs late in the game.

We'd have one heck of a Dline and with Pryor patrolling the box running against us would be hard to do. Passing for that matter with our DEs and both of those Dlinemen can get after the QB too.

Adding Hyde in the 3rd (doubt he'll be there) would be awesome. Quick feet, power, and can catch too. Should be able to pass protect with his size. Would give Trestman two guys he could rely on for 40 carries in a game if he ever wanted to, and most importantly a solid backup RB. That combo along with our big WRs blocking on the edge would wear down DBs late in the game.

The board on Fanspeak seems unrealistic for positioning, but with all the sites we look at on Mock Drafts, it's worth looking at as any other.

I don't get your stance on LB....You're so sure we'll be drafting one in one thread then when you post a mock, you have them drafting 1 in the 6th.

Not a big fan of Quarles in the 2nd(think he's 3/4R player), but I guess I wouldn't hate it. The rest of it I like...assuming Donald was gone when you picked ;)

I don't get your stance on LB....You're so sure we'll be drafting one in one thread then when you post a mock, you have them drafting 1 in the 6th.

Not a big fan of Quarles in the 2nd(think he's 3/4R player), but I guess I wouldn't hate it. The rest of it I like...assuming Donald was gone when you picked ;)

I think we draft one, with the players available thats how that draft fell. I have mentioned a higher pick before and in the draft I took Smallwood in the 4th. He has been rated a higher pick in many mocks, so that was a good valve. All my drafts I grab a LB, the proposal of drafting one high is just an option people seem to discount and I bring it up for that reason. Im a Donald guy like you but just list the options. As far as Quarles as a 3-4 player? With all that Ive read, I have never seen him mentioned as anything other than a DT in a 4-3.

I think we draft one, with the players available thats how that draft fell. I have mentioned a higher pick before and in the draft I took Smallwood in the 4th. He has been rated a higher pick in many mocks, so that was a good valve. All my drafts I grab a LB, the proposal of drafting one high is just an option people seem to discount and I bring it up for that reason. Im a Donald guy like you but just list the options. As far as Quarles as a 3-4 player? With all that Ive read, I have never seen him mentioned as anything other than a DT in a 4-3.

3-4R meaning 3-4 round draft pick.

Why would we help one of the elite teams in the conference get the player they want? Just asking because, I don't understand that thinking!

We have to worry about improving our team, and let everything else take care of itself. Harbaugh's contract is up after this year, and there's a big payday coming for Kapernick so after this year they start going the wrong direction. With Seahawks and SF still strong this year, our chances of making a Superbowl are still slim, but with all the big contracts coming up for both teams, things start to go the other direction.

We have to worry about improving our team, and let everything else take care of itself. Harbaugh's contract is up after this year, and there's a big payday coming for Kapernick so after this year they start going the wrong direction. With Seahawks and SF still strong this year, our chances of making a Superbowl are still slim, but with all the big contracts coming up for both teams, things start to go the other direction.

As a true Bear fan do you really sit up and think of hypothetical situations of other teams in the offseason? WOW!

As a true Bear fan do you really sit up and think of hypothetical situations of other teams in the offseason? WOW!

Just digest information, and apply it to the NFL. I think SF and Seattle are the two best teams in the NFC, so for the Bears to be successful you have to understand what those teams are.

Why would we help one of the elite teams in the conference get the player they want? Just asking because, I don't understand that thinking!

It does sound a little silly but in a draft this deep grabbing an extra 2nd and 3rd would be huge. If they hit on those guys it may set them up nicer for next year and many years to come.

I'm still not passing on Donald if he's there, but if he's gone I'm all for trading down. You're still gonna get a really good player at 30 and should get pretty good players in the 2nd and 3rd. I'd almost be more afraid of SF if they kept all their picks and continued to get deeper and deeper.