Joe Kim

Stinger226

I read a story talking about maybe Joe Kim was our biggest addition this off season. To give credit SCS has mentioned his name many times.

So I look at the improvement of his addition to KC where he worked from 2010-2012.

In 2009 KC had 22 sacks. 4-12

In 2010 it rose to 39 sacks. Almost double the sack total. 10-6

In 2011 it went to 29. 7-9

In 2012 27. 2-14

As I looked further, the team as a whole had a good year in 2010 because of an improved offense. Cassel and Charles both played well.

In 2011, Charles was hurt and Cassel stunk.

2012 Charles played well but Cassel just not very good.

In conclusion: I see Kim as helping but think the the biggest difference on KCs success during those years was how the offense played.

So he can help, but with a lousy offense he didnt show improvement as a lousy offense affects the game so much it changed the way the defense played.

The good thing is we have the offense to go with an improving defense and anything we add that might help cant be a bad thing.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/04/03/c...go%20BearsGrid7

I personally think he will have very little impact. Anything is worth a try, and I'm glad Emery is thinking out of the box.

Here's a little vid of what he does.

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2...joe_kim_wo.html

that's a good find,anyway we improve the team as little as it might seem works for me.

It's just one little piece of the puzzle to playing Dline and I don't think it's anything magical. Certainly not something others aren't teaching.

Agreed. Usually talent wins out over coaching and scheme. That being said, our offense was one helluva a lot better with Trestman.