Panic#2

Stinger226

I really have no problem with Freeman as the backup. I don't know what happened last year but his previous 3 years he was an above average starter . If anyone can get him back to his former self it's Trestman.

With Cutler here for 3 years at least I have no problem grabbing a vet vs a rookie this year.

I really have no problem with Freeman as the backup. I don't know what happened last year but his previous 3 years he was an above average starter . If anyone can get him back to his former self it's Trestman.

With Cutler here for 3 years at least I have no problem grabbing a vet vs a rookie this year.

From a football sense, he has talent but he is quite an arrogant bastard.He caused all kinds of problems in TB. I see has being a problem as far as the locker room goes. He goes to Minn, a chance to revive his career and falls on his face. enough said.

eh, maybe bring him in as a backup will cool down his ego....and for what it's worth I googled "Josh Freeman is a bad teammate" and the search resulted in a bunch of articles talking about his his teammates sticking up for him and calling him a good teammate.

Shiano was the bigger problem. Then in Minny it's just a tough predicament he got put in, I don't know if there's ever been a QB traded or picked up in the middle of the season that performed well. He had no chance to build a relatationship with his WRs and only had a week to learn the playbook. That's an awful lot to ask for from anyone.

All in all, for what he's gonna command salary wise I think he is well worth the risk. You can't deny that before last year he was a solid starting QB.

eh, maybe bring him in as a backup will cool down his ego....and for what it's worth I googled "Josh Freeman is a bad teammate" and the search resulted in a bunch of articles talking about his his teammates sticking up for him and calling him a good teammate.

Shiano was the bigger problem. Then in Minny it's just a tough predicament he got put in, I don't know if there's ever been a QB traded or picked up in the middle of the season that performed well. He had no chance to build a relatationship with his WRs and only had a week to learn the playbook. That's an awful lot to ask for from anyone.

All in all, for what he's gonna command salary wise I think he is well worth the risk. You can't deny that before last year he was a solid starting QB.

Freemans first 4 years stats are comparable to Jay Cutlers and John Elways. Spiano came in and right away wanted his own QB. So Freeman and him didnt get along and Freeman wanted out. Take it for what it is worth, his stats were not horrific. His mentality might have been bad last year, but that can happen when the head coach doesn't want you.

Talentwise I like him as an option. However, I'd let him fall a little further off his pedestal before we go after him. He was put in a bad situation in Minnesota but had he shown them any indications of the work needed to be successful they'd have at least hung onto him this offseason to see who things shake out among their QBs.

The QBs in the draft don't wow anybody although a few should end up as decent starters it's hard to say which ones those will be. If Minn thought there was some potential they'd have hung onto him at least until they saw who they go in the draft. Given the Schiano situation…ok I get it. How did he burn the bridges in Minn so quickly they walked away from him immediately? I suspect the Bears visit was far more about getting chance to meet the player rather see how he can throw.

Talentwise I like him as an option. However, I'd let him fall a little further off his pedestal before we go after him. He was put in a bad situation in Minnesota but had he shown them any indications of the work needed to be successful they'd have at least hung onto him this offseason to see who things shake out among their QBs.

The QBs in the draft don't wow anybody although a few should end up as decent starters it's hard to say which ones those will be. If Minn thought there was some potential they'd have hung onto him at least until they saw who they go in the draft. Given the Schiano situation…ok I get it. How did he burn the bridges in Minn so quickly they walked away from him immediately? I suspect the Bears visit was far more about getting chance to meet the player rather see how he can throw.

Agreed. I'd rather pick up a polished rookie with room to grow than a polished turd with minimal upside.

if they determine he isn't mental a possible scenario would be sign him to a LOW 2 yr. contract and use him as trade bait as the season progresses if some teams qb goes down.

let him play preseason to showcase his abilities under trestman and we might get a 3rd round pick or higher for him. similar to what the packers had done during the favre era. if he doesn't shine in preseason then cut him.

Seems to be a dead issue, Bears not interested.

The Bears will be bringing in multiple options to try out, just because he left without a contract doesn't mean that they are not interested. They will most likely have at least 4 bodies in camp.

Bring back JaMarcuss Russell!