Bears met with DeAnthony Thomas

Bears4Ever_34

Ross Jones ‏@RossJonesFOX

Oregon RB De'Anthony Thomas visiting with Bears tomorrow in Chicago, per source. Worked out for the Falcons two weeks ago.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/07/rep...to-visit-bears/

I hope to hell we draft this guy. Would be a PERFECT fit as a utility guy that can catch passes or take hand-offs every now and then, as well as being our main special teams returner. Think Dexter McCluster.

I hope to hell we draft this guy. Would be a PERFECT fit as a utility guy that can catch passes or take hand-offs every now and then, as well as being our main special teams returner. Think Dexter McCluster.

I totally agree, he could get 10-12 touches a game and give Forte a little breather and play some slot WR.

If they do draft him, let's just hope the current staff is smart enough not to send him into the center of the line three times in a row. Because, remember, these coaches cannot be questioned by us mere mortals, and that means the previous staff's strategy of sending Garrett Wolfe :banghead :banghead :banghead made any sort of sense.

If they do draft him, let's just hope the current staff is smart enough not to send him into the center of the line three times in a row. Because, remember, these coaches cannot be questioned by us mere mortals, and that means the previous staff's strategy of sending Garrett Wolfe :banghead :banghead :banghead made any sort of sense.

Read your tag line. Nobody ran well through our line except the DL.

Read your tag line. Nobody ran well through our line except the DL.

Forte seemed to do well during Wolfe's time with the Bears. The OL's issue wasn't the ability to run block; it was pass blocking they had trouble with. Nonetheless, you don't send a midget into the middle of the big boys three times in a row like our former coaches did. If the Bears get DAT, I can only hope they don't repeat former staff's history.

Forte seemed to do well during Wolfe's time with the Bears. The OL's issue wasn't the ability to run block; it was pass blocking they had trouble with. Nonetheless, you don't send a midget into the middle of the big boys three times in a row like our former coaches did. If the Bears get DAT, I can only hope they don't repeat former staff's history.

Lovie and his idiots are in Tampa. Have faith.

It's tough man. Especially when so many blindly support the idiots while they are serving in Chicago.

Heck, they even had Forte picking up short yardage 1st downs last year, allowing to cut the fat with Bush's contract. Now, if we can transfer competence to the other side of the ball.

Do we have any reason to believe the Bears want a change of pace guy? I feel like we want Forte in there to add an element of surprise. Forte can run it, pass block, or function as a receiver. You put a midget out there and it limits you. I think we would prefer to have another bigger back similar to Forte. A guy who can spell him without changing our offense.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be okay with drafting him in the 4th round. (ESPN has him ranked as the #119 player). I trust Trestman to utilize him as one helluva an offensive weapon. That and I'm particularly worried that our return game is going to fall off a cliff the way our defense did last year.

Do we have any reason to believe the Bears want a change of pace guy? I feel like we want Forte in there to add an element of surprise. Forte can run it, pass block, or function as a receiver. You put a midget out there and it limits you. I think we would prefer to have another bigger back similar to Forte. A guy who can spell him without changing our offense.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be okay with drafting him in the 4th round. (ESPN has him ranked as the #119 player). I trust Trestman to utilize him as one helluva an offensive weapon. That and I'm particularly worried that our return game is going to fall off a cliff the way our defense did last year.

Ya, after Trestman talked about blocking being important in the #2 RB role them working out the tiny DAT is a little puzzling. Maybe they were seeing how he holds up in pass blocking...MJD is a smaller back but he's real good at pass blocking, so I suppose it would be possible.

I don't really worry about the return game. Ford looked like a good returner in preseason, Chris Williams is highly intriguing, and Hixon has been above average....One of those guys should be able to step up.

Ya, after Trestman talked about blocking being important in the #2 RB role them working out the tiny DAT is a little puzzling. Maybe they were seeing how he holds up in pass blocking...MJD is a smaller back but he's real good at pass blocking, so I suppose it would be possible.

I don't really worry about the return game. Ford looked like a good returner in preseason, Chris Williams is highly intriguing, and Hixon has been above average....One of those guys should be able to step up.

Throw Bellamy in the mix too. I'd rather draft Charles Sims RB to be #2.

Find one post here from anyone suggesting Lovie intelligently used Wolfe. Just one.

Are you saying that the coaches were wrong in their usage of Wolfe? And by connection, the majority of this board was correct that he was being misused?

BTW - It doesn't take a genius to do a search on this board to find several posts that basically say Wolfe was correctly used to the level of his abilities, and in no way was underused or misused. And for that matter, simply blowing the coaching staff in general.

Gotta say Jason that I side with Cracker on this one. As one of the "idiots" who supported (and still do) Lovie I can't recall a time I thought Wolfe was properly utilized.

Yeah, and as one of the "idiots" who dare side with some of the decisions management has made, I've always said it was fair to criticize them but that most of the time Jason's just an egomaniac doofus without a clue and I'd side with Jerry or Emery 9 times out of ten over anything that ass-clown had to say.

Yeah, and as one of the "idiots" who dare side with some of the decisions management has made, I've always said it was fair to criticize them but that most of the time Jason's just an egomaniac doofus without a clue and I'd side with Jerry or Emery 9 times out of ten over anything that ass-clown had to say.

I'm calling foul on that one...)

He doesn't have to be the backup RB. He would be the primary special teams returner and fill in at RB/WR a handful of snaps a game, like McCluster. Ford had a nice pre-season returning kicks, but he's not DeAnthony Thomas.

If you ever stopped blowing JA and Lovie long enough you'd realize that while actively criticizing just about everything they did over the course of the last decade or so basically contradicts most of what you say. You can't say, "I never thought they used Wolfe correctly" or other multiple criticisms while simultaneously dropping to your knees and saying "No fan can do what these guys are doing!"

The simple fact that you only side with "some of the decisions management has made" kind of negates the other nonsense you spout. But it is funny that you're so adamant about hating me, and siding with JA, because his draft pedigree speaks volumes.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-hu...-draft-history/

It's idiotic to think that most diehard Bears fans, who questioned too many of JA's picks, couldn't do as well as that. It's atrocious. There is very little chance most on this board would have done as poorly. The team's landscape would change from year to year based on performance and FAs, but each year we all had just as good of a shot as JA did considering his success percentage. I was going to go into considerable detail, but your dumb ass isn't worth it. If I were in charge, the Bears would have had Randy Moss and Culpepper in 1998 & 1999, and definitely wouldn't have completely sacrificed a solid defense for years by ignoring the OL.

I'm working on a realistic situation of what could have happened if I had control of the picks.

LOL! Do you pretend to be the Bears GM in the dark corners of your lonely apartment?

Dude, I'm just giving you shit. I certainly don't hate you. You're just a football geek with a huge ego. No biggie.

As to JA and others, I'll just point to results. His efforts put a team in the Superbowl reasonably quickly. You can point to failures and say he built on what was already there but so did the fatman running the Bulls. You have to take the good with the bad with any of these guys and I'm just more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than you are. I'm not as cock-sure of myself like you are when it comes to football. I'm sure that dark corner of your apartment is your favorite place. :)

Peace dude.