Bears sign Chad Rempel

Stinger226

Interesting note: Rempel also played WR.

Also coming to Halas Hall today was RBs Phillip Tanner Javon Ringer.

Gonna go ahead and hijack this thread...Javon Ringer is a name to keep an eye on. I remember him at MSU and he always gave my wildcats fits. To refersh myself on him as a player here is what Kiper had to say about him coming into the draft....

His performance at the MSU Pro Day "absolutely blew NFL teams away", due to putting up impressive numbers while not fully recovered NFL Analyst Mel Kiper said of Ringer "He's only 5-9, 205, but he's remarkably strong, a good athlete and just a tough kid with great character. He blocks extremely well, and he'll be a very serviceable No. 2 back. He'll probably end up being a fourth- or fifth-round pick.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javon_Ringer#cite_note-Kiper-14

With what Trestman said about pass protection being important I wouldn't be surprised to see him catch on.

Here's a little ESPN feature on him....

Gonna go ahead and hijack this thread...Javon Ringer is a name to keep an eye on. I remember him at MSU and he always gave my wildcats fits. To refersh myself on him as a player here is what Kiper had to say about him coming into the draft....

With what Trestman said about pass protection being important I wouldn't be surprised to see him catch on.

I agree we need RB help. The question is why is Javon Ringer available?

COMPLETELY agreed! I was a big fan of his when he was in college, and I just loved his ability to break tackles, gain the extra yard, while still being able to hit a homerun.