And yet another mock draft

Stinger226

SB Nations latest draft is more to my liking. It addresses all our defense needs and adds some O prospects I think we need.

Notes: I think Pryor will be a star in the NFL and after the first 3 S prospects, it may be deep but many wont be able to start first year. We need our draft pick to start so S in the first is a good call.

I think Donald is the best prospect at a need position but I suspect he will be gone, so we grab a rotational player in the second round that will have to add stength but has great upside.

We need younger CBs and after reading more about this CB, it seems like a good fit. He doesnt have to start his first year so he has time to develop.

I definitely think we add a MLB prospect, and Smallwood played for Paul P. one of our new coaches. A connection

the rest of the draft addresses backups we definitely need.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/4/10...n=articlebottom

SB Nations latest draft is more to my liking. It addresses all our defense needs and adds some O prospects I think we need.

Notes: I think Pryor will be a star in the NFL and after the first 3 S prospects, it may be deep but many wont be able to start first year. We need our draft pick to start so S in the first is a good call.

I think Donald is the best prospect at a need position but I suspect he will be gone, so we grab a rotational player in the second round that will have to add stength but has great upside.

We need younger CBs and after reading more about this CB, it seems like a good fit. He doesnt have to start his first year so he has time to develop.

I definitely think we add a MLB prospect, and Smallwood played for Paul P. one of our new coaches. A connection

the rest of the draft addresses backups we definitely need.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/4/10...n=articlebottom

Although I have not felt safety was as huge a need as some, I have to admit that Pryor looks pretty impressive and thinking about it we do need to definitely need a safety, either a free or strong, even if some of the players they have pan out to some degree.

Pryor sounds like a young Jack Tatum, which may be why he caught my eye as I just finished re-reading Tatum's book after some 30 years! Still a great read....could we dig up Tatum and get a bit of DNA and clone him, haha?

I wouldn't mind that draft. I wouldn't like it a lot, but it's not bad. Other than Pryor, who appears to be a lock, the other guys all have some questions (whether it be motor, school, fit, etc.). I'm most intrigued by whether or not Smallwood can make the transition to the NFL.

I prefer Pryor over Dix because I think he's the better closer on tackles and better run support in the box. Dix is better in coverage but I don't think there's a huge gap there. When the vast majority of plays are 20 yards or less which type of player should we take? Granted giving up a huge play can change the game but if you have a good pass rush that's less likely to occur. My main concerns with Pryor are 1) can he avoid penalties and 2) with that style of play can he stay healthy.

I prefer Pryor over Dix because I think he's the better closer on tackles and better run support in the box. Dix is better in coverage but I don't think there's a huge gap there. When the vast majority of plays are 20 yards or less which type of player should we take? Granted giving up a huge play can change the game but if you have a good pass rush that's less likely to occur. My main concerns with Pryor are 1) can he avoid penalties and 2) with that style of play can he stay healthy.

Unless someone has an injury history, I dont really think you can draft players with the thought,(will he get hurt because he is a physical player?) You just never know on how a player will turn out. That's why GMs change jobs so often, the good ones arent right all the time, and the bad ones wreck teams for 4 years because they draft like JA.

Unless someone has an injury history, I dont really think you can draft players with the thought,(will he get hurt because he is a physical player?) You just never know on how a player will turn out. That's why GMs change jobs so often, the good ones arent right all the time, and the bad ones wreck teams for 4 years because they draft like JA.

Agree there Stinger, but damn, with your avatars, who could not? Is there still a Taco Johns on Riverside? Mr. Donut on N. Second?

I want hitters, that is what the Bears are about....Pryor it is for me if we go safety.

Agree there Stinger, but damn, with your avatars, who could not? Is there still a Taco Johns on Riverside? Mr. Donut on N. Second?

I want hitters, that is what the Bears are about....Pryor it is for me if we go safety.

Everything has changed. Taco Johns all left and in the last 5 years there are new ones around. When were you around the hood?

HaHa will be a good player, but if I had the choice I would take Pryor, I want my defense to intimidate.

First, I said I prefer to draft him over Dix so it's not like as if I'm projecting this as a huge red flag. In watching highlights of Pryor he occasionally leads with his head on tackles. It's not hard to project the impact of that when player speed and weight goes up in the NFL as I'm sure Brandon Hardin can explain. Major Wright had similar issues when he was a rookie. Pryor is not that big at 5-11 207lbs and given his size and style of play I can see him having a career similar to Bob Sanders. OTOH at FS he should also have less plays inside the box reducing the risk.

You only need to watch the first play on this link but there are others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3y2XwXujkk

I agree with the intimidation factor but with the new rules in the league I would prefer a safety that won't draw penalty flags. I am hoping for Donald at 14 and Ward RD 2.

That would be sweet, but me think Donald will be gone. Other teams in the league has to see the (John Randle) in him.

First, I said I prefer to draft him over Dix so it's not like as if I'm projecting this as a huge red flag. In watching highlights of Pryor he occasionally leads with his head on tackles. It's not hard to project the impact of that when player speed and weight goes up in the NFL as I'm sure Brandon Hardin can explain. Major Wright had similar issues when he was a rookie. Pryor is not that big at 5-11 207lbs and given his size and style of play I can see him having a career similar to Bob Sanders. OTOH at FS he should also have less plays inside the box reducing the risk.

You only need to watch the first play on this link but there are others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3y2XwXujkk

He does lead with the head alot but Im sure anybody drafting him will address that.