Hester out Williams in?

Wesson44

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,1276907.story

Looks like we will be having a new KR/PR since Hester signed with the Falcons. But do you think this Chris Williams can have a big impact in the return game as Hester did. This kid runs a 4.28 40 yard dash. The Bears must have big plans for him they paid him $100,000 last year to be on the practice squad

Looks like we will be having a new KR/PR since Hester signed with the Falcons. But do you think this Chris Williams can have a big impact in the return game as Hester did. This kid runs a 4.28 40 yard dash. The Bears must have big plans for him they paid him $100,000 last year to be on the practice squad

We all can be hopeful, Hesters gone, and not viable anymore, so lets get behind the next guy in line, Im all in.

Straight line speed and elusiveness are two different traits. That's why Hester ( and Deion for that matter) was so good. He had both. And the benefit of a good ST coordinator in Toub. What's done is done. If Williams can get through to the open field then all bets are off.

Wesson, thanks for sharing the YouTube highlight reel of Chris Williams!

Though Williams played in the CFL, I really like what I see on film and though he is a bit undersized his skill set should translate well to the NFL. Some of the things that jumped off the film is: speed, agility, vision and quick decisions, body control, nice routes, looks like a natural pass catcher and uses his hands well. If Chris weighed a little more and had more hops, I'd say he looks a lot like former Carolina Panthers Steve Smith.

Hester may go down as the best returner of all-time but I think this kids has some abilities Hester never had like better hands, body control & hand eye coordination and route running and awareness in space.

Here to hoping the Bears have found a new weapon and someone who can competently fill Hester's shoes in the return game and add some bonus play to the offense!

Straight line speed and elusiveness are two different traits. That's why Hester ( and Deion for that matter) was so good. He had both. And the benefit of a good ST coordinator in Toub. What's done is done. If Williams can get through to the open field then all bets are off.

Hester was probably the best ever, but to be honest, he made a lot of bad decisions along the way. His TDs superseded that but not effective anymore.

Williams may run a 4.28 in shorts but I don't see that speed on the field in pads. Hester was also crazy quick when he started out, I don't see that same trait in Williams. I think he can be just as good a returner for us this year as what Hester gave us last year.

Williams may run a 4.28 in shorts but I don't see that speed on the field in pads. Hester was also crazy quick when he started out, I don't see that same trait in Williams. I think he can be just as good a returner for us this year as what Hester gave us last year.

In pads, Hester never looked that impressive in terms of straight line speed. However, his ability to stop and cut on a dime . . . freaking amazing. That's what makes him special. Chris Williams could be a world class sprinter and a bad return man.

I hope Chris Williams is great but I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the practice squad in September.

I dont think anyone thinks he will be the next Hester, just do a descent job and have a few longs ones along the way.