For those "we need a RB" guys

jason

Ford in college for comparison to highlights of this year's RBs.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/michael-fo...-carolina-2012/

I see a guy with speed but not a lot of lateral quickness and agility to make that quick cut to get to open space. Not much different than what he showed us as a Bear IMO. That lack of lateral quickness could also hinder him in pass protection when he has to make last second adjustments.

I certainly hope to be wrong. I think he'll compete for 2nd RB but he needs some good competition and I hope we find someone that beats him out for the job because that means we're that much better.

Plus we've heard nothing from the team regarding confidence in Ford. That doesn't mean anything at all because it is draft time and smokescreens are everywhere. As bad as Michael Bush was last year there was plenty of opportunity for Ford to make a statement.

Ford in college for comparison to highlights of this year's RBs.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/michael-fo...-carolina-2012/

I see a guy with speed but not a lot of lateral quickness and agility to make that quick cut to get to open space. Not much different than what he showed us as a Bear IMO. That lack of lateral quickness could also hinder him in pass protection when he has to make last second adjustments.

I certainly hope to be wrong. I think he'll compete for 2nd RB but he needs some good competition and I hope we find someone that beats him out for the job because that means we're that much better.

Plus we've heard nothing from the team regarding confidence in Ford. That doesn't mean anything at all because it is draft time and smokescreens are everywhere. As bad as Michael Bush was last year there was plenty of opportunity for Ford to make a statement.

We need more options if some of these choices fail. I wish every player on the Bears to be the bomb, but we all know they wont be. So let the games begin and load up on prospects.