GBN 3 RD Mock

lemonej

I'd be cool with it, Joyner, while small, is exactly the type of guy I want at FS. A guy who has corner experience who should really help on the back end and has the ability to drop down and cover slot WRs.

If he doesn't work out at FS then you try him at nickle the following year with McGill(who I like) moving into Peanuts spot.

He plays a lot bigger than his size suggests, reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders, same size, former Defensive PoY.

2R might be a bit of a reach though.

I of course love the Donald pick.

I'd be cool with it, Joyner, while small, is exactly the type of guy I want at FS. A guy who has corner experience who should really help on the back end and has the ability to drop down and cover slot WRs.

If he doesn't work out at FS then you try him at nickle the following year with McGill(who I like) moving into Peanuts spot.

He plays a lot bigger than his size suggests, reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders, same size, former Defensive PoY.

2R might be a bit of a reach though.

I of course love the Donald pick.

I posted a mock on another board with the Bears taking Donald, Ward or Bucannon, then Joyner rd 3. He would make a perfect nickle that can be a CB/S/OLB type rover. I then followed taking Brooks rd 4, wishful thinking lol. Our backfield would be sick with a front of Donald, Allen, Houston, and Ratliff.

I like Joyner at CB more than safety - I think he could learn a lot from Jennings as a shorter corner with the aggressiveness and smarts to compete against bigger guys. The guy I like at safety is his teammate, Terrence Brooks. After watching highlights of the safeties, I've not been very impressed outside of the top two until I watched Brooks. He's a little overaggressive sometimes, but that's a nice change after watching Conte stand and whiff, and he can really tackle when he has someone in his sights. I'd love to see our first three picks as Donald, Brooks, and Joyner.