The new guy-Josh Morgan

Stinger226

The Bears signed Josh Morgan a WR from Wash via SF

That's a great move for added depth. He continues in the mold of being a big WR who is a good run blocker.

Like Hixon, he has experience as being a return man and like Hixon he is not very good at. I hope we address this in the draft.

That's a great move for added depth. He continues in the mold of being a big WR who is a good run blocker.

Like Hixon, he has experience as being a return man and like Hixon he is not very good at. I hope we address this in the draft.

Still think Chris Williams will be the guy, possibly even Michael Ford.....If the CB or backup RB they grab can return kicks that's just a plus.

As for Morgan, I like it. Should eliminate anyone's thoughts of drafting a WR this year....

Here's an old scouting report on him....

An enigmatic, inconsistent and underachieving talent who displays flashes of brilliance to be a top pro prospect but has issues with character and work ethic. Is a well-built athlete with impressive combination of size and speed who has good hands and displays burst out of his breaks. Uses his body well to adjust to passes and runs with strength and power. Lacks discipline and concentration and showed his frustration in college when the football did not come his way.

Sounds like someone who would benefit from working with Marshall

Goodbye Weems!!!!

I doubt this has anything to do with Weems. Last season we seldom used Weems as anything but a special teamer. Devin Hester was in the main return guy and Earl Bennett sometimes filled in for him. Please help me out in remembering who else was in the mix for punt and return duty.

Either way, we have Weems for special teams purposes. He's making the veteran minimum so it doesn't save us anything by cutting in. He might battle with Chris Williams for that extra spot. In terms of depth we have BM, AJ, Wilson, Morgan, Hixon, Weems, Williams, and a couple other of guys I've never heard of.

As one of the guys banging the drum for WR help in the draft, this addresses my concerns. Another in a line of nice low cost moves with potential - Morgan was really good a couple years ago. Let's hope he regains his form.

Yep. He was actually a guy I was hoping we would sign two years ago. I was irritated that Washington signed him. Then we traded for Brandon Marshall and it became a moot point.

Which reminds me as we struggle to fill certain positions and we hope guys have break-out years, everything becomes easy once you get a legitimate top player.

Yep. He was actually a guy I was hoping we would sign two years ago. I was irritated that Washington signed him. Then we traded for Brandon Marshall and it became a moot point.

Which reminds me as we struggle to fill certain positions and we hope guys have break-out years, everything becomes easy once you get a legitimate top player.

Emery keeps throwing darts at the board and some of these fringe players are going to end up playing well and add a whole lot to the team. We need to start grabbing some RBs and add to that position.

Emery keeps throwing darts at the board and some of these fringe players are going to end up playing well and add a whole lot to the team. We need to start grabbing some RBs and add to that position.

Agreed - great strategy.

Peace :dabears

Agree. I like Larod Stephens-Howling and Tashard Choice as "take a flier" RBs.